Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for Maverick 2.0 EcoBoost?

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone heard any update on Ford offering a tune like they do the Ranger? I've been tweeting at Mike Lavine but he hasn't answered lol.
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It might eventually come. For timing comparison, even though this tune existed on the Ranger and 2.3 Mustang for a good while before the first 2021 Bronco 2.3 ever was delivered, it still took until October '22 for the tunes to be released for the Bronco. They did release a tune for the 2.7v6 at the same time, though.

I guess my point is that while, no, I haven't heard anything the amount of time the Maverick has been out doesn't really indicate whether they will do a Ford performance calibration or not.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

that's not the same thing. you might know this, but someone else reading this thread may not.

the OP is talking about the Ford factory performance calibration which basically gives you a procal device and they use it to reflash and send you on your way. here's the one for the Ranger that the OP mentioned.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

it's covered under the factory warranty. that's the key difference.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not coming. The 2.0 EB has been in production a dozen Ford/Lincoln vehicles since 2011.

They never did it for the Focus ST - they aren't going to do it for the Maverick.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well f*ck me......

My apologies on the "NEVER DID IT ON A FOCUS ST" line.....

I still wouldn't hold out much hope.
it's not hard for them to do, it just requires 91+ octane and they did not want to sell any of these turbocharged vehicles with a premium fuel requirement.

it seems that someone at Ford decided that the hp & torque losses were acceptable in order to be able to sell vehicles that only require 87.

I use 91+ anyway. I destroyed one turbocharged engine rated to run on 87, luckily under warranty, and it was not a Ford.

nhoffman1987

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I reached out to Ford Performance on their chat because I had the same curiosity. The rep stated he is unaware of plans at this time but he has received several of the same inquiries from Maverick owners. Maybe they'll start to recognize interest and surprise us with something, who knows.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I reached out to Ford Performance on their chat because I had the same curiosity. The rep stated he is unaware of plans at this time but he has received several of the same inquiries from Maverick owners. Maybe they'll start to recognize interest and surprise us with something, who knows.
Yeah itd be great to have a air box, filter, tuner, spark plug, and "off road only" exhaust kit. Even if it only picked up 35hp or so and made a lil noise it would be nice for a warranty backed minor upgrade.

Sponsored

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah itd be great to have a air box, filter, tuner, spark plug, and "off road only" exhaust kit. Even if it only picked up 35hp or so and made a lil noise it would be nice for a warranty backed minor upgrade.
they do have a ford performance exhaust now for the maverick. It's basically the Borla exhaust with an extra muffler. But I agree, they should offer those other items for sale

nhoffman1987

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe the squeaky wheel will get some grease if they get enough inquiries. The platform is no doubt popular enough to support the development IMO.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe the squeaky wheel will get some grease if they get enough inquiries. The platform is no doubt popular enough to support the development IMO.
it's not just the sales. it's the percentage of the sales that contains people willing to spend money modifying their vehicle.

I had a '03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo8. There were only a few thousand made that year, but around 25% of them were modified by the first owners, and it's probably near 90% for anything still on the road.

Meanwhile, the percentage of Maverick owners that would modify for performance is cut in half (more or less) immediately by excluding hybrid owners. Then of the ecoboost owners, most of them are cheap, disinterested in performance modifications, or both.

Reactions: bgn

nhoffman1987

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's not just the sales. it's the percentage of the sales that contains people willing to spend money modifying their vehicle.

I had a '03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo8. There were only a few thousand made that year, but around 25% of them were modified by the first owners, and it's probably near 90% for anything still on the road.

Meanwhile, the percentage of Maverick owners that would modify for performance is cut in half (more or less) immediately by excluding hybrid owners. Then of the ecoboost owners, most of them are cheap, disinterested in performance modifications, or both.
Agreed, and that's likely the reason there hasn't been a FP tune for the 2.0 since the Focus ST. Escape, Edge, BS etc owners are all seen this way I am sure. I do believe the Maverick has more automotive enthusiast owners compared to these others though. If they do ever develop one for the Maverick, they would be able to use it across the board for the current 2.0 with little additional effort vs being Maverick specific.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully it will happen after they have a performance variant.
Sponsored