Sponsored

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! I just ordered 2 days ago, so I'll give it a few days. Anyway I need to practice patience.
Any movement for you? I just ordered on 12/26 and got the initial 'your order has been submitted' email from Ford that evening.

And yes I know there are MANY who have waited months... Just curious about us newer orders and how things are progressing.
Sponsored

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Any movement for you? I just ordered on 12/26 and got the initial 'your order has been submitted' email from Ford that evening.

And yes I know there are MANY who have waited months... Just curious about us newer orders and how things are progressing.
No. But I didn't think I would with the Holiday's going on. Hoping when things get back to normal, hope to see a build date.

aswistak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT | '06 F150 Lariat-taking offers;)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. But I didn't think I would with the Holiday's going on. Hoping when things get back to normal, hope to see a build date.
I talked to my dealer and he said that the last week was basically a wash with the holidays and should have VIN within first 3 weeks from order (or today bc of holidays).

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a call from the sales manager at the dealership I ordered my hybrid from. He told me my order number now has an asterisk by it which he thinks means it might not be built as a hybrid. It was ordered October 20 which is well before Ford stopped taking hybrid orders. He asked if I’d change it to a 2.0 Ecoboost. I told him no. It’s either a hybrid or nothing. Anyone else have this happen?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got a call from the sales manager at the dealership I ordered my hybrid from. He told me my order number now has an asterisk by it which he thinks means it might not be built as a hybrid. It was ordered October 20 which is well before Ford stopped taking hybrid orders. He asked if I’d change it to a 2.0 Ecoboost. I told him no. It’s either a hybrid or nothing. Anyone else have this happen?
This does not sound right to me. Maybe @fordvideoguy knows what an asterisk next to the order number means.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
This does not sound right to me. Maybe @fordvideoguy knows what an asterisk next to the order number means.
Oh my, depends what screen they are looking in. WBDO, vehicle visibility, ROVP. But he is not correct. I think he didn't get the docs in before the deadline and now can only order as a Ecoboost.

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh my, depends what screen they are looking in. WBDO, vehicle visibility, ROVP. But he is not correct. I think he didn't get the docs in before the deadline and now can only order as a Ecoboost.
According to my order documents from the dealer at the time, email from Ford, and the lady at Ford Marketing the order was put in October 20 as a hybrid. Guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens next.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
According to my order documents from the dealer at the time, email from Ford, and the lady at Ford Marketing the order was put in October 20 as a hybrid. Guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens next.
The order date as well as the email you get from Ford and what the Ford rep can see all are dated based on when the order is submitted but Ford won't look at an order without the ROVP documents that were due by November 15th. If the dealer didn't submit those by the deadline then they would have to change your order to ecoboost or it will never get scheduled. That's if they didn't get an approval, I'd ask them for proof. They can get you a screenshot.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer Fees
Has anyone had issues with Dealer Fees when getting ready to sign for their new Maverick Hybrid? By Dealer Fees, I mean fees like Dealer Prep fees, Advertising fees, Additional Dealer Markup fees, Delivery/Destination fees (not the one that is already included in the sticker MSRP price), Nitrogen Tire fees, etc. I've always talked with the dealer folks about removing all these "fees" just before signing as was always successful. Apparently, because of a scarcity of Maverick Hybrids, some dealers are not removing any or all of these types of fees. You either pay a thousand or more dollars in these fees or walk away. If you walk away, the dealer now has now won and claims the truck and can mark it up sustainably and sell it on the lot. In this case, the MSRP was the price, but right before signing, you see all these added-on fees which are apparently no longer negotiable as a way to get you to pay or not take your ordered vehicle that you have waited months for. I would be curious as to what the fordvideoguy has to say.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer Fees
Has anyone had issues with Dealer Fees when getting ready to sign for their new Maverick Hybrid? By Dealer Fees, I mean fees like Dealer Prep fees, Advertising fees, Additional Dealer Markup fees, Delivery/Destination fees (not the one that is already included in the sticker MSRP price), Nitrogen Tire fees, etc. I've always talked with the dealer folks about removing all these "fees" just before signing as was always successful. Apparently, because of a scarcity of Maverick Hybrids, some dealers are not removing any or all of these types of fees. You either pay a thousand or more dollars in these fees or walk away. If you walk away, the dealer now has now won and claims the truck and can mark it up sustainably and sell it on the lot. In this case, the MSRP was the price, but right before signing, you see all these added-on fees which are apparently no longer negotiable as a way to get you to pay or not take your ordered vehicle that you have waited months for. I would be curious as to what the fordvideoguy has to say.
Welcome to the broken system which is Ford's 1950's customer order system.

Sponsored

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
The order date as well as the email you get from Ford and what the Ford rep can see all are dated based on when the order is submitted but Ford won't look at an order without the ROVP documents that were due by November 15th. If the dealer didn't submit those by the deadline then they would have to change your order to ecoboost or it will never get scheduled. That's if they didn't get an approval, I'd ask them for proof. They can get you a screenshot.
So my dealer did not ask for any documents. I feel like I have to assume that they didn't actually put the order in at this point, and my Hybrid dreams are gone until next model year.

What should I ask them for to get confirmation that the order went through? I keep asking for screenshots but they haven't provided them yet...

Searched around and took the advice to call Ford directly and they let me know I have a VIN! Still no production date or anything, but I'll take it!

Last edited:

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
Dealer Fees
If you have a friend that works for Ford, get and "X" plan pin from them.

Otherwise, my advice is to buy several shares of Ford stock and follow the guide on the following site:

x-plan pricing for stock holders.

This will limit what fees the dealerships can charge you. Plus, you get a nominal amount off of MSRP.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I submitted my order for a non-Lux Lariat hybrid in July. Got the order confirmation email from Ford the next day and the apology for delay email order in the Fall. My DORA says it’s a retail order; FoMoCo Maverick marketing team says it a retail order. Dealer priority code 11. Yet still no scheduling email from Ford.

If my dealer failed to complete ROVP by the November deadline, why does my order still show as a retail order in the system? Would not unverified retail orders be cancelled. Or would they? Would they just stay as a retail order in limbo that will never be built? WHAT KIND OF A F_____UP SYSTEM IS THIS THAT WILL ALLOW YOUR ORDER TO STAY IN THE ORDER SYSTEM WITHOUT A CHANCE OF BEING BUILT, AND THERE IS NOTHING OR NO ONE IN THE SYSTEM THAT WILL INFORM THE CUSTOMER OF THIS!!!?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a friend that works for Ford, get and "X" plan pin from them.

Otherwise, my advice is to buy several shares of Ford stock and follow the guide on the following site:

x-plan pricing for stock holders.

This will limit what fees the dealerships can charge you. Plus, you get a nominal amount off of MSRP.
My understand is that the dealership decides if they want to honor the X-plan or not. There are members on MTC who have stated that their dealership won't honor X-plan for Maverick. My dealership said the same thing even though I don't have a build date as yet.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
My understand is that the dealership decides if they want to honor the X-plan or not. There are members on MTC who have stated that their dealership won't honor X-plan for Maverick. My dealership said the same thing even though I don't have a build date as yet.
That is true with AXZ&Y plans. They are all optional for the dealerships, but for those that actually honor these plans, this may be the way to go. Note that there are lists developed on here and other forums that encapsulate dealerships that do honor these plans.
Sponsored