Sponsored

Ford and VW working closer together. what does that mean for future of the maverick?

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Given the breadth and depth of both companies, and the lack of references in this article to the Maverick specifically, it would be really difficult to speculate how the collaboration will impact the future of the Maverick product line. Generally, we can expect both companies to improve in areas like production efficiencies and quality management as they learn from one another. Apparently, they have been working together in some capacity for 5 years +/-. So... perhaps... the genesis of the Maverick arose after the Ford+VW relationship began..?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt a merger is in the works. Ford is too big to be getting away with buying such a large competitor in the current environment.

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/vw-group-ceo-met-with-farley-says-partnership-is-evolving/

A full on merger could ford make ev maverick quicker. VW is coming out with scout in few years as well,..
I hope not. If Ford and VW were to merge (or one buy out the other), I would never buy another Ford.

VW has high parts prices, high repair costs, and like Mercedes and BMW if you are smart you'll sell before the warranty runs out.

Plus Dieselgate, when they lied that it was a single “rogue engineer”, but instead it went all the way to the top.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if this partnership is VW's way to get preferred status for the batteries out of Blue Oval City for their manufacturing sites in the US...

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many automakers share things.
Like the old Fusion being a "sister' to the Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata, but not so close they are too alike, or the old Rangers and Mazda B-series pickups, the Escape and Kia Seltos, or better yet, the 10R Transmission in my Bronco, a.k.a. the Ford-GM Transmission, which isn't a single shared transmission, but shared tech behind it with multiple designs. Those kinds of partnerships change, end, and begin again over time. Its never really a merger as much as having influence and sharing things for a while. And that is why I see the VW platform in the Explorer EV being nothing more than another iteration of a shared interest for the benefit of both now that is far from a merger.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope not. If Ford and VW were to merge (or one buy out the other), I would never buy another Ford.

VW has high parts prices, high repair costs, and like Mercedes and BMW if you are smart you'll sell before the warranty runs out.

Plus Dieselgate, when they lied that it was a single “rogue engineer”, but instead it went all the way to the top.
Will we be back to Fast Overhaul and Rapid Depriciation!?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like @commadorebobBob stated - It is not going to happen. I am so glad because couldn't you just see a Maverick Beetle version LOL?

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
VW takes the Ranger in Australia, changes it a little and sells it as the VW Amarok. They've had relationships for a while.

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Ford and VW working closer together. what does that mean for future of the maverick? VW Low rider truck

Sponsored

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Many automakers share things.
Like the old Fusion being a "sister' to the Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata, but not so close they are too alike, or the old Rangers and Mazda B-series pickups, the Escape and Kia Seltos, or better yet, the 10R Transmission in my Bronco, a.k.a. the Ford-GM Transmission, which isn't a single shared transmission, but shared tech behind it with multiple designs. Those kinds of partnerships change, end, and begin again over time. Its never really a merger as much as having influence and sharing things for a while. And that is why I see the VW platform in the Explorer EV being nothing more than another iteration of a shared interest for the benefit of both now that is far from a merger.
If I recall, at one time Ford owned part of Mazda so that would explain the striking similarity to the Ranger.

upnash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Dodge Grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt a merger is in the works. Ford is too big to be getting away with buying such a large competitor in the current environment.
Maybe VW wants to buy Ford. They are also a huge company. A few years ago I believe they swallowed International Trucks.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe VW wants to buy Ford. They are also a huge company. A few years ago I believe they swallowed International Trucks.
That’s funny think they can buy ford … ford has double the worth of VW in US dollars

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s funny think they can buy ford … ford has double the worth of VW in US dollars
Can you explain that? I was curious about that assertion, so I Googled a few things. Google says Ford has a market cap of 48 billion US dollars. VW has a market cap of 68 billion Euros. VW revenue is $306 billion. Ford's was $127 billion. Right now Euros and dollars are roughly 1-1. So I'm scratching my head trying to understand how Ford is worth double VW. But I just did 30 seconds of research, and I'm happy to be educated if I missed something.

OP
OP
cavemold

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you explain that? I was curious about that assertion, so I Googled a few things. Google says Ford has a market cap of 48 billion US dollars. VW has a market cap of 68 billion Euros. VW revenue is $306 billion. Ford's was $127 billion. Right now Euros and dollars are roughly 1-1. So I'm scratching my head trying to understand how Ford is worth double VW. But I just did 30 seconds of research, and I'm happy to be educated if I missed something.
How I came to this conclusion but beyond that do you really think ford would sell ?

Ford Maverick Ford and VW working closer together. what does that mean for future of the maverick? IMG_3852

Ford Maverick Ford and VW working closer together. what does that mean for future of the maverick? IMG_3851
Sponsored