Tow hooks and or fog lights?

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
So from what I've seen the spots on the front bumper that look like they can come off or get punched out are for tow hooks with the tow hooks installed it looks like there's still space for what could be small lights added in. Do you guys see this being an aftermarket option that we can still buy the tow hooks and or fog lights to get slotted in there and if so how would they fit them in would they have to cut the plastic out or do you think it'll come set up for an easy knockout to add it in as an aftermarket option. The biggest thing I'm upset about that the Maverick does not have is fog lights of any kind
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t remember where I saw it but they said the Maverick is/will be like the Bronco Sport and if you want tow hooks you need to order it that way from the factory. The structure needed for them won’t be there with out being factory optioned

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So from what I've seen the spots on the front bumper that look like they can come off or get punched out are for tow hooks with the tow hooks installed it looks like there's still space for what could be small lights added in. Do you guys see this being an aftermarket option that we can still buy the tow hooks and or fog lights to get slotted in there and if so how would they fit them in would they have to cut the plastic out or do you think it'll come set up for an easy knockout to add it in as an aftermarket option. The biggest thing I'm upset about that the Maverick does not have is fog lights of any kind
I posted the questions below on YouTube and got some answers [CREDIT: Long McCartur Ford Dealership, Kansas :: Tim Bartz]

Q1 - Is the Power Outlet on the rear (driver) side of the bed “standard” on the XL? XLT?

A1 - [CORRECTION] - NO, the outlet in the bed is NOT included with the outlet in the cab (rear of the center console) as part of the 400W Outlet $150 option. It is ONLY included in the Luxury Packages.

Q2 - Is the $300.00 option “Bed Divider Kit” in essence the same as the “Bed Rails” or is it the equivalent of a bunch of wood (2x4, 2x6, 2x10) divider kit made out of some (other than wood) material?

A2 - I don't believe it is the bed rails, bed rails are included on the Lariat Luxury Package, I believe it is a divider kit, similar to what is available on the F-150, 2 hard plastic divider pieces that would fit in the the bed grooves. So you wouldn't have to make your own out of wood, like lazy bums like me.

Q3 - On the front bumper of the XL & XLT – are the modular rectangles pieces on the driver and passenger sides “snap popables” pieces? If they pop out, is there a pre-threaded hole behind the pieces to thread in tow hooks and replace the plastic pieces with shorter (square) ones like the ones on the Lariat?

A3 - Great question, I'm sure those can be popped off not sure if tow hooks can be attached to the frame or not. I would assume they have pre-drilled holes for them.

Q4 - If one were to look under the center front console of the XL & XLT – are they pre-wired to install a (Ford OEM) wireless phone pad that would make it equivalent to the one offered on the Lariat?

A4 - Pretty sure you would not see the wiring for the wireless charging pad. I think you would have to go up the Lariat Luxury to get that.

Q5 - If one were to "order" options such as “splash guards” – are they installed by the delivering dealer or are they plastic wrapped in bag and thrown on the back seat of the vehicle for the customer to install?

A5 - The splash guards would be in a plastic bag in the vehicle from the factory. The dealer SHOULD put them on the vehicle at the time of setup along with front license plate bracket, bed mats and any other dealer installed options (DIO).

Q6 - On the XLT - Does the “Full Size Spare Tire” option come with an aluminum wheel or a steel wheel?

A6 - Should be a steel wheel.

Q7 - Are the seat belts height adjustable?

A7 - Should be.

Q8 - Are all windows “one touch down/ one touch up” or just the driver’s?

A8 - Just the drivers door on the XLT, all doors on lariat.

Q9 - Out of all the other existing For vehicles (i.e. "Bronco") which one would you recommend to go look at a similar (hybrid) engine to the Maverick setup and which one would you recommend to go sit in to get a feel for the Maverick seats?

A9 - I would look at the Bronco Sport to be similar in feel and size. (They are both being built in the same plant)

OP
OP

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I can’t remember where I saw it but they said the Maverick is/will be like the Bronco Sport and if you want tow hooks you need to order it that way from the factory. The structure needed for them won’t be there with out being factory optioned
If thats the case thats a really goofy design it seems like all you should need for tow hooks is the bolt holes on the frame and nothing on the frame for fog lights. But you only get tow hooks if you go up to lariat its not even an option anywhere else so maybe that is the case.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aftermarket fog lights would either be surface mount with brackets or flush mount which require cutting the plastic valance. I found SAE compliant fog lights (most lights you find are “off road” only) at this US company :
http://www.diodedynamics.com
My problem is how to wire the lights because the Maverick hybrid has the battery in the back and the battery is where most fog light harnesses connect.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I posted the questions below on YouTube and got some answers [CREDIT: Long McCartur Ford Dealership, Kansas :: Tim Bartz]

Q1 - Is the Power Outlet on the rear (driver) side of the bed “standard” on the XL? XLT?

A1 - [CORRECTION] - NO, the outlet in the bed is NOT included with the outlet in the cab (rear of the center console) as part of the 400W Outlet $150 option. It is ONLY included in the Luxury Packages.

Q2 - Is the $300.00 option “Bed Divider Kit” in essence the same as the “Bed Rails” or is it the equivalent of a bunch of wood (2x4, 2x6, 2x10) divider kit made out of some (other than wood) material?

A2 - I don't believe it is the bed rails, bed rails are included on the Lariat Luxury Package, I believe it is a divider kit, similar to what is available on the F-150, 2 hard plastic divider pieces that would fit in the the bed grooves. So you wouldn't have to make your own out of wood, like lazy bums like me.

Q3 - On the front bumper of the XL & XLT – are the modular rectangles pieces on the driver and passenger sides “snap popables” pieces? If they pop out, is there a pre-threaded hole behind the pieces to thread in tow hooks and replace the plastic pieces with shorter (square) ones like the ones on the Lariat?

A3 - Great question, I'm sure those can be popped off not sure if tow hooks can be attached to the frame or not. I would assume they have pre-drilled holes for them.

Q4 - If one were to look under the center front console of the XL & XLT – are they pre-wired to install a (Ford OEM) wireless phone pad that would make it equivalent to the one offered on the Lariat?

A4 - Pretty sure you would not see the wiring for the wireless charging pad. I think you would have to go up the Lariat Luxury to get that.

Q5 - If one were to "order" options such as “splash guards” – are they installed by the delivering dealer or are they plastic wrapped in bag and thrown on the back seat of the vehicle for the customer to install?

A5 - The splash guards would be in a plastic bag in the vehicle from the factory. The dealer SHOULD put them on the vehicle at the time of setup along with front license plate bracket, bed mats and any other dealer installed options (DIO).

Q6 - On the XLT - Does the “Full Size Spare Tire” option come with an aluminum wheel or a steel wheel?

A6 - Should be a steel wheel.

Q7 - Are the seat belts height adjustable?

A7 - Should be.

Q8 - Are all windows “one touch down/ one touch up” or just the driver’s?

A8 - Just the drivers door on the XLT, all doors on lariat.

Q9 - Out of all the other existing For vehicles (i.e. "Bronco") which one would you recommend to go look at a similar (hybrid) engine to the Maverick setup and which one would you recommend to go sit in to get a feel for the Maverick seats?

A9 - I would look at the Bronco Sport to be similar in feel and size. (They are both being built in the same plant)
I hope thats how they have it setup, at least give us the option

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If thats the case thats a really goofy design it seems like all you should need for tow hooks is the bolt holes on the frame and nothing on the frame for fog lights. But you only get tow hooks if you go up to lariat its not even an option anywhere else so maybe that is the case.
FX4 package gets your tow hooks too

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fog lights - can be used / Tow Hooks - will probably never be used.

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tow hooks are not an after market option, the brackets needed to attach them is not there unless it is welded on from the factory.
this video will show you the brackets.
Sponsored