Sponsored

Flat tire experience, take to the dealer?

Krysnik

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last night my tire warning went off on the screen and my first ford pass alert on my phone (I’ve not done much more than download it) I’ve had the truck 3 weeks w/only 800 miles on the tires.

I pulled over & the front side driver’s side tire was the flattest I’ve ever seen, (psi 1) I’ve no idea what did this since it was ok 3 min & 2 blocks prior!

And with Maverick still being such a rarity, the AAA guy & I had to figure out how to get the jack out behind the seat! Looks easier than it is but got it after watching a couple min of a YouTube video.. then another to figure out the blue ball attached to the spare to get it out completely! Gotta love YouTube, great on-demand resource and saved my ass many times!

My tires are Continental, I know nothing of tires, but AAA guy sees them often on $$ vehicles like Mercedes, so guess Ford didn’t skimp on tires?

The rim in the spare is that ugly rim like the xl, need that off asap! This a dealer visit, yes?
Sponsored

RAIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat hybrid Atlas 💙,22 Explorer Atlas 💙
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last night my tire warning went off on the screen and my first ford pass alert on my phone (I’ve not done much more than download it) I’ve had the truck 3 weeks w/only 800 miles on the tires.

I pulled over & the front side driver’s side tire was the flattest I’ve ever seen, (psi 1) I’ve no idea what did this since it was ok 3 min & 2 blocks prior!

And with Maverick still being such a rarity, the AAA guy & I had to figure out how to get the jack out behind the seat! Looks easier than it is but got it after watching a couple min of a YouTube video.. then another to figure out the blue ball attached to the spare to get it out completely! Gotta love YouTube, great on-demand resource and saved my ass many times!

My tires are Continental, I know nothing of tires, but AAA guy sees them often on $$ vehicles like Mercedes, so guess Ford didn’t skimp on tires?

The rim in the spare is that ugly rim like the xl, need that off asap! This a dealer visit, yes?
See if it's repairable. Any tire shop could repair it with a plug/patch combo.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Go to the dealer if you want to pay $60 or more.. most places will do it for less than $20. Sams Club will repair any tire for free as long as you are a member.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have an AWD, don't drive much while you wait to get this repaired.

Continentals are a good brand for tires but these are from the factory, not the same as what you'd buy from a tire shop. Their still decent but not equivalent.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Road hazard is generally not covered by new vehicle warranties, nor is it covered by tire warranties. Often, you'll see tire dealers offer road hazard coverage either included or at an additional cost.

In other words, unless the tire was defective, if it was damaged by something on the road, you have no coverage. So take it anywhere you want to see if they can patch it, otherwise you'll have to buy a new one.

Continentals are a good brand for tires but these are from the factory, not the same as what you'd buy from a tire shop. Their still decent but not equivalent.
The Continentals Ford uses generally are no good. My Foci came with the stupid ContiProContact tires and those seemed to fail (e.g. bubbled sidewalls) if you looked at them funny. That said, some of the other tires may be good. Maybe Continental supplies better tires for Maverick...

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

My dealer told me my tires have an 18 month warranty. And why didn't you use Ford Road Assist?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Road hazard is generally not covered by new vehicle warranties, nor is it covered by tire warranties. Often, you'll see tire dealers offer road hazard coverage either included or at an additional cost.
Costco patches road hazards free if you buy tires from them. Or at least they used to.

But I agree with almost everyone here. Walmart would be cheaper than the dealer if it is just a patch job.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Costco patches road hazards free if you buy tires from them. Or at least they used to.

But I agree with almost everyone here. Walmart would be cheaper than the dealer if it is just a patch job.
Yep, Costco includes road hazard on all tires bought from and installed by them. 5 years, or until the tire is down to 2/32", whichever is first.

https://tires.costco.com/RoadHazardWarranty

Discount Tire (American Tire in some areas) offers it for a cost, apparently even if you bought the tires elsewhere. I've seen several people report taking their brand new vehicle directly to DT just to buy that coverage. Also heard that DT might patch tires for free even if bought elsewhere, but I don't know if that's official policy.

Depends on the dealer as to the actual cost if it's just a patch. Believe I've seen one do it for $20. Ford also claims they price match tires, but they don't price match everyone.

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Conti's are fine tires, but FWIW the Pro Contacts I've ran were prone to rock drilling and I would never chose to install them.

Take it to any shop and get it plugged for <50 and don't worry about it. Tires get punctures, it's no big deal. Professionally plugged tires won't have any reduction in lifespan.

If it is due to a defect, the shop will let you know and your course of action. You have a warranty from defect on the tires from Continental.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you need a replacement tire, there are many on this forum who have taken the stock tires off for different size ones, might find a member near you that will sell you one or two.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you need a replacement tire, there are many on this forum who have taken the stock tires off for different size ones, might find a member near you that will sell you one or two.
Oh man, definitely sell tires as a set of you're the original owner. Don't make it hard on yourself to get rid of the other 2-3...

kpomeraning

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav on order, '17 Focus, '16 Focus, '09 Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The saying in the tire industry is that car manufacturers want tires that are round, black and cheap - and not necessarily in that order.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a slow leak in one of mine, took it back to the dealer. It was covered under one of the doobie add on warranties that the dealer wouldn't let me out of when buying the truck. Next day, new tire installed. YMMV.

Cheers.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a flat within weeks. Got on the Ford Pass app and the rest was easy. Repair guy showed up in a few hours (I"m way out in the country). Said that Ford is paying him $200 to come change it. Ford folks kept me informed with updates. They were great.
Sponsored