Sponsored

Has anyone lowered their spare tire to fix a flat?

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And did you use the provided jack or do you have a 2 ton trolley jack?
Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lowered mine to install the tailgate light bar wiring and used the factory jack. It worked fine.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not yet. I carry a small harbor freight aluminum Jack I don't intend to use the stock Jack at all in any of my vehicles. I also carry a plug kit that save me many times without removing the tire. 😊

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, changed a flat the first few days we had it a few miles from the house. The jack worked fine but the split plastic end on the end of the lowering cable was a pain to get back in place after putting the tire back up in there.
2/10, would not bang recommend.

Sponsored

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd never use that stock jack. I carry a bottle jack and a plug kit as well as a pump.
To be clear to those who may not know: I assume that said bottle jack is to be placed under lower control arms? As placing bottle jack under body panels may result in damaged body panels? Particularly on the pinch welds?

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That would just sink into the sand on the beach anyway, right?
I have not tried it yet. And hope I never have to. I use a small light aluminum roller Jack on the sand with a jack board. You would also have to support the OEM Jack that comes with the vehicle if you had to use it but you would have to be careful. It would not be sturdy. See what I mean 😊 That would just sink into the sand on the beach anyway, right? You mean the stock jack.

Ford Maverick Has anyone lowered their spare tire to fix a flat? sore thumb beach 2

Ford Maverick Has anyone lowered their spare tire to fix a flat? Sore Thumb Beach 7

Last edited:
Sponsored

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To be clear to those who may not know: I assume that said bottle jack is to be placed under lower control arms? As placing bottle jack under body panels may result in damaged body panels? Particularly on the pinch welds?
You can buy a disc on Amazon that fits on top of the jack and fits the pinch weld so the jack won't damage the panel

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes. I had to change a tire on my old Explorer on a very wet soft shoulder with my stock jack. Luckily, I had my old floor mats in the back, which I used as a shitty, but good enough base under the jack.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They make adapters you need for most jacks and jack stands. Never lift from the lower control arms.

dillon0224

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not yet. I carry a small harbor freight aluminum Jack I don't intend to use the stock Jack at all in any of my vehicles. I also carry a plug kit that save me many times without removing the tire. 😊
The jack is junk. I tried it 4/5 times due to a flat. The jack kept falling. It's base is too small. Ended up having road side assistance come jack it up for me.

OP
OP
Ponchsox

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I’m going to get the 2 ton jack from Harbor Freight and keep it under the rear seat. Anyone have a link to the attachment I need?
Sponsored