First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a "break-in" oil change today on my 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid. The factory filter was surprisingly a Ford / German Mann filter with part number H6BG-6714-BA and not a North American Motorcraft filter.

The German made Mann filter has a white silicone anti-drainback valve. I cut it open and the media is an enhanced cellulose with metal crimp. Very small filter but quite well made with a lot of media. Wish I could buy them in the US.

Ford Maverick First Oil change and found a Mann filter 1706754538230
Ford Maverick First Oil change and found a Mann filter 1706755261243
Ford Maverick First Oil change and found a Mann filter 1706754932860

The factory filter was thankfully not painted over and not over tightened. The drain plug was also not over tightened. So the initial oil change was really speedy.

The 15 bolts on the splash pan under the engine were not a big deal actually. These bolts were also not over tightened at the factory. The splash pan is designed in a smart way. After removing all 15 bolts, the splash pan does not fall on you as it is held in by 2 tabs near to the bumper. You flex the splash shield at those 2 points in the front to release it and then pull the splash shield off a retaining tab in the rear.

To reinstall, slide the splash shield onto the rear tab, and then tuck in the 2 tabs in the front by the bumper. Then reinstall the 15 bolts.

Surprisingly easy compared to a lot of other vehicles I have worked on Way easier oil change than any German car. The Ford team over rotated on the 15 retaining bolts, but other than that the splash pan access is well designed and not a hassle. I was surprised to see a number of cast aluminum alloy components in addition to the lower control arm. There are a number of motor and transmission mounts made of aluminum alloy. The engine, of course, is entirely cast aluminum (based on an old Mazda 2.3L and later 2.5L design and used on the first 2 generations of Ford Escapes).
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice.

Yea the one complaint about these "skid plates" especially the metal ones is they could have easily added a removable portion so you don't need to take the whole skid plate off. My previous Tacoma had one like that. There are a couple threads around the forum of folks modifying their skid plates that way. You'd think they would be all about it considering how much time it would save dealership mechanics and less risk of them stripping every single bolt they touch :ROFLMAO:

That, and the FX4 has a two part version which is just odd. The Tremor and non FX4 variants are all one piece. The two piece FX4 variant uses very cheap and flimsy hardware that is prone to breakage. I already had to replace 3 of the 4 "nuts" that were used, but I did buy mine used. Should be good now that I am the one tightening things, but these are the bolts and nuts used:

Screw & Spring Washer: W702413S450B
Nut: W718770S439

Not the greatest idea.

Anyways, if you need part numbers I have a bunch on my build log here:

Page 2 of Montana's build log - post #16 - part numbers

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, a filter that identifies as a Mann.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm surprised that MANN does not use a synthetic media.
Buying a MANN filter, be aware they are made in many countries including Mexico and China, check.

Sponsored

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Per Mann's x-reference guide the non-OEM part number for this filter is W7015. Amazon has them, as well as a lot of other places.

OP
OP

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm surprised that MANN does not use a synthetic media.
Buying a MANN filter, be aware they are made in many countries including Mexico and China, check.
Mann typically only uses synthetic media (which is wire-backed white non-woven material) in some of their filters for German vehicles. As an example, current VW models use such a filter made by Mann and rebadged as VW.

OP
OP

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Mann's x-reference guide the non-OEM part number for this filter is W7015. Amazon has them, as well as a lot of other places.
As Mann Hummel owns Purolator, a lot of the Mann filters we get in the US of A are actually re-badged Purolator and not a true German made Mann filter. The German made Mann filters are much higher quality build than Purolator. The Motorcraft OEM filters are Ford modified Purolator these days as Mann Hummel has the Motorcraft contract. The main changes made for Motorcraft are the bypass valve in the base of the filter and the design of the anti-drainback.

sva50233

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am looking at the Mann cross reference guide and do not see w 7015 as compatible on the PDF file. I wasn't able to find either w 7057 or H6BG-6714-BA on the cross reference or part number search website: https://catalog.mann-filter.com/NA/eng/oenumbersmulti
All I can tell you is that the info was there 2 months ago. Their website is FUBAR right now. Not showing any filters for any Fords made in the last 5 years.

Just put a Wix 51348XP on it.

sva50233

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All I can tell you is that the info was there 2 months ago. Their website is FUBAR right now. Not showing any filters for any Fords made in the last 5 years.

Just put a Wix 51348XP on it.
I have been using both Mann and Wix filters for all my Mercedes' for two decades and have no problem with Wix so long as someone has disassembled them and verified that the internal media is legit.
Sponsored