First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my first oil change done today. I took it to my local mechanic who charged me $35.00.
I bought the oil and filter from Walmart.

This was the first time he saw a Ford Maverick, and I was a little concerned that he was able to do a correct oil change on the truck. Within 2 minutes he had the truck up on the lift. Five minutes later the bottom cover was removed. The oil filter took 10 seconds to remove and we then waited until all the oil drained.

A new filter was installed, drain bolt was put back on, bottom cover was installed, and new oil was added.

I watched the whole process, and my mechanic said, this was an extremely easy vehicle to work on.

Total cost with oil was under $80.00. I did not get dirty or have to wash my hands.
Sponsored

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed my oil at 1500 miles to get whatever crap and pieces of metal left over from building a machining of the engine. It cost me $37 for 6 quarts of fully synthetic oil 0 / 20 and a good oil filter. It took me a half an hour to change my oil this includes the nap I took underneath the truck and I also did not get dirty. LOL 💤💤💰🤔👻

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing about mechanics - they have done it a million times before. You don't pay them because it will always be easy, you pay them because they know how to deal with it when it's not easy.

A few months ago I tried to replace some o2 sensors on our old explorer on the theory it would run better. (it was running ok) I started on the one easiest to get at and couldn't get it to budge so I asked my mechanic to do it. He said it could wreck the exhaust if it was really stuck and if it was working, why did I want to mess with it?

Experience is pure gold.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased (2) 5-quart containers of Penzoil 0-20 full synthetic on sale for ~$52 (Walmart with free 2-day delivery) then get a $25 gift card rebate from Penzoil through October. Net is ~$27 for 10 quarts. used some points to pick up 5 Motorcraft oil filters online. I need to pick up (2) single quarts of oil on sale and will have spent $45 for 2 quality oil changes. I’ll put the Maverick on one of my car lifts and do it myself and know it’s done right...

Fancy Farm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well mine will go back to the dealer for service. They don't charge that much and there is no question if the service was done if there is a problem. Years ago it saved me thousands of dollars. If it is under warranty it is darn near free.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm very DIY, no problem wrenching on or building anything at all. But the math doesn't make DIY oil changes worth it to me, unless I'm willing to haunt sales, rebates, etc, which I'm not. My local, trusted mechanic charges $45 for an oil change. Worth every single penny, in and out in about 25minutes.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm very DIY, no problem wrenching on or building anything at all. But the math doesn't make DIY oil changes worth it to me, unless I'm willing to haunt sales, rebates, etc, which I'm not. My local, trusted mechanic charges $45 for an oil change. Worth every single penny, in and out in about 25minutes.
For synthetic oil?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well mine will go back to the dealer for service. They don't charge that much and there is no question if the service was done if there is a problem. Years ago it saved me thousands of dollars. If it is under warranty it is darn near free.
Exactly, you do it or a third party and they will almost always claim user error and use that as the basis to deny warranty work. Also it allows them to have full records with no issues of when all the required maintance work was done.

Last edited:

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello Fancy Farm , Do hope are paths cross ❌ as I'm about 15 miles south of you on the Tn /Ky border very few Mavericks in this area 🦄do have a great weekend .👍👻
Ford Maverick First Oil Change Experience IMG_20221012_120849125_HDR

Sponsored

JSully

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL (EB) - 2023 Maverick XL (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point in my life, I’m taking my cars to the dealer, at least for simple stuff like an oil change.

usually, it’s around the same price as anywhere else, (sometimes less) and I know they won’t screw it up.

And if they do, I have documentation it’s their fault 😂😂😂

learned that lesson the hard way, after a jiffy lube put a internal canister oil filter on backwards in my wife’s 2018 Sonic, and caused oil shavings to magically appear.

always be wary of taking your car somewhere else.

Dealers will always try to screw you on your warranty for “improper maintenance” - so sometimes it’s worth it to pay the extra just to make sure if the car fails, you’re covered

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Maverick oil change was $80, no complaints. But my other two cars are Honda's and went to a Jiffy Lube last week and they wanted $116.00 plus tax. I checked with one other JibbyLube, $112, one other quick lube places was $90 everywhere around me it's $100 for an oil change, oil filter and 4 quarts of oil are $20 max. Takes 30 minutes. I'll keep looking.

I have started asking mechanics if they are plugged into CarFax for any other work. Resale of vehicles is enhanced with Carfax service records.

Last edited:

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wrecked my CRZ last year used to get coupons for an oil change 30 bucks. I couldn't buy the supplies for that. Alas though my days of crawling under a care are over.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Exactly, you do it or a third party and they will almost always claim user error and use that as the basis to deny warranty work. Also it allows them to have full records with no issues of when all the required maintance work was done.
They will try that crap if you let them.
Subaru tried it with me when I needed the short block replaced under warranty. "We have no record of you doing any service on this car" I told the service manager to open the glove box. All the service receipts are there and if any are missing let me know I have copies. He just said never mind and hung up. The repair was done with no argument.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$50 for Ford Motorcraft oil and filter. Gonna stick with OE this time around. 0W20 synthetic (XO*0W20*QFS) and FL-910S ( BE*8Z6731*AB) filter.
Sponsored