First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had my first oil change done today. I took it to my local mechanic who charged me $35.00.
I bought the oil and filter from Walmart.

This was the first time he saw a Ford Maverick, and I was a little concerned that he was able to do a correct oil change on the truck. Within 2 minutes he had the truck up on the lift. Five minutes later the bottom cover was removed. The oil filter took 10 seconds to remove and we then waited until all the oil drained.

A new filter was installed, drain bolt was put back on, bottom cover was installed, and new oil was added.

I watched the whole process, and my mechanic said, this was an extremely easy vehicle to work on.

Total cost with oil was under $80.00. I did not get dirty or have to wash my hands.
If you were concerned that your "mechanic" couldn't handle an oil change on one of the most basic 4 cylinder cars on the market then you 100% need a new "mechanic"
Sponsored

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They will try that crap if you let them.
Subaru tried it with me when I needed the short block replaced under warranty. "We have no record of you doing any service on this car" I told the service manager to open the glove box. All the service receipts are there and if any are missing let me know I have copies. He just said never mind and hung up. The repair was done with no argument.
This is normal and how it should be. You keeping your service records when not done at a dealer is key. There is no reason a manufacturer should pay for a repair if a car has not been maintained or had poor service. I have seen 3 Mercedes engine failures in less than 3 years due to someone taking it their "mechanic" and said mechanic using a non OEM poor fit filter. It is an expensive lesson.

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will keep doing it for now. I had a car that I took to the local dealer and they must have installed the drain plug with an impact into an aluminum oil pan. The car ended up draining all of its oil until the light came on. Thankfully, that lesson only cost me a new aluminum oil pan ($350) and not a new engine.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is normal and how it should be. You keeping your service records when not done at a dealer is key. There is no reason a manufacturer should pay for a repair if a car has not been maintained or had poor service. I have seen 3 Mercedes engine failures in less than 3 years due to someone taking it their "mechanic" and said mechanic using a non OEM poor fit filter. It is an expensive lesson.
My comment was in response a comment about dealers trying to blame 3rd party maintenance and denying warranty. If you don't keep records then that's on you as the owner. My experience with that Subaru dealer was they were doing everything in their power not to honor the warranty. Including but not limited to nothing wrong with your car it's supposed to sound like that.
Having a repair business myself I understand the need to be sure the customer hasn't done something to void the warranty.

Shelbyv8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Grand Caravan, 2002 Ranger xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would a dealer try to void a warranty? They get paid for all parts and labor by the manufacturer. It is just a job for them.

Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would a dealer try to void a warranty? They get paid for all parts and labor by the manufacturer. It is just a job for them.
Because the manufacturer pays less for warranty repairs than the dealer would charge for non-warranty repair. Greater profit for them to deny warranty and charge "book rates" for repair.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello Fancy Farm , Do hope are paths cross ❌ as I'm about 15 miles south of you on the Tn /Ky border very few Mavericks in this area 🦄do have a great weekend .👍👻
IMG_20221012_120849125_HDR.jpg
love your truck. since they no longer offer Alto blue this is my new color choice. the hood deflector and window vents are just what i'd like to put on my Mav :)

Ford Maverick First Oil Change Experience PXL_20230524_181040973

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
love your truck. since they no longer offer Alto blue this is my new color choice. the hood deflector and window vents are just what i'd like to put on my Mav :)

PXL_20230524_181040973.jpg
I thank you so very much for the compliment. I love your color of your Maverick would of loved to got a darker color but not a good idea with all the dirt roads 🤐. Have had my truck a little over a year now and love it . I am still adding accessories to it just ordered bed lighting and a switch panel for for the bed . It looks a little different from the old pics now. About finished With accessories now just need to find a good set of fog lights to mount on my Maverick. Need the extra lighting 🤔 Alot of fog ,mist heavy rain and Deer on Tn Roads .Do take care and be safe up their in Ohio 😊

Ford Maverick First Oil Change Experience IMG_20230509_132930834~2

Ford Maverick First Oil Change Experience IMG_20230603_104237938_HDR~2

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My comment was in response a comment about dealers trying to blame 3rd party maintenance and denying warranty. If you don't keep records then that's on you as the owner. My experience with that Subaru dealer was they were doing everything in their power not to honor the warranty. Including but not limited to nothing wrong with your car it's supposed to sound like that.
Having a repair business myself I understand the need to be sure the customer hasn't done something to void the warranty.
100% agree that waay too many people dont even give lip service to basic maint and then want to blame the manufacturer when something goes wrong.
as someone with experience in the dealership and aftermarket service shops business i am familiar with this phenomenon. this "doing everything in their power not to honor the warranty" is not unusual or even malevolent most of the time(there are crooks out there of course folks) but actually par for the course.
if you know of a dealer that will just take your word for it that you changed your oil per the manual recommendations religiously without some kind of documentation when your vehicles engine just locked up or blew out a rod or whatever then all i can say to you is good luck with that.
and if theres little or no oil to be seen on the dipstick or the oil if any on it looks more like molasses than motor oil, again dont expect much love my friends.
by the way dont sleep on the look of the dipstick and the oil on it, or it's appearance and texture. there are some clues to be had here.
no dealership or any service shop you goto is going to cheerfully make those repairs gratis. i believe this is the #1 reason to get ALL oil changes at a Dealership Service Dept. even if out of warranty, unless you're a dedicated DIY person who keeps good maint records. yes you will spend more, but you will never have any issues about maint of you vehicle if theres a big bucks catastrophic failure that should be covered.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you think dealers and others that provide service are lifting the Mavericks at the pinch welds and using the proper equipment to avoid crushing the welds?

I plan to ask the dealer when I go in for my first oil change.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do you think dealers and others that provide service are lifting the Mavericks at the pinch welds and using the proper equipment to avoid crushing the welds?

I plan to ask the dealer when I go in for my first oil change.
I would hope so! Your truck is going to be serviced by the lowly shop monkey if it's a general service or simple recall fix. I would hope they were trained to lift any car properly. Then you have to add the 10% chance stupidity may come into play.

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a high probability that they will try to lift from the pinch welds. Many shops only have lifts that lift from the pinch welds. What has worked for me is to paint the lift points Hi Viz yellow.
Sponsored