2.5L Hybrid

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Interesting that it says dealer allocation plays a significant role in our ability to schedule customer orders. So I guess the bigger the dealership the better? Or maybe not? Who knows, lol.

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Answers the questions that dealer allocations are still an issue. Thought Ford had said they would be less of an issue. Why on customer ordered vehicles this still plays a role confounds me.

Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm. It says 2023 order banks open on Sept. 15th. It doesn't say "for existing 22MY orders. I'm assuming that means for everyone
Existing 22MY orders will have to place a new order. The dealer should set your priority to 10 or 11 instead of 19. The @fordvideoguy provided this info in his Episode 57 stream last night (39 minute mark).

Ford Maverick Finally! OFFICIAL 2023 Ford Maverick Ordering Information & FAQ 1663178090194

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Existing 22MY orders will have to place a new order. The dealer should set your priority to 10 or 11 instead of 19. The @fordvideoguy provided this info in his stream last night (39 minute mark).

1663178090194.png
So anyone can go to the dealer tomorrow and place a 2023MY order?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So anyone can go to the dealer tomorrow and place a 2023MY order?
Yes. Assuming they "go" at/after a time when the banks open. They may not open until the afternoon or evening of the 15th. But I would hope a dealer would take down all the info and not make the person come back when the banks are actually literally open.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So they come out with the Tremor, then say it's a constraint.

Also frustrating that the dealer allocation plays a role. I have nothing but smaller dealers that all suck around me. Honestly I'm about ready to just not bother :(
I think they're trying to get across that any package that has more options is a constraint, but yeah it's not a good look lol

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they're trying to get across that any package that has more options is a constraint, but yeah it's not a good look lol

Seems like it would make more sense to just make the Tremor a special edition with only 1000 builds or something. That seems more palatable than making a whole thing about this new trim, allowing you to order it, but then only having a few actually made. So folks will just sit there for a year in the dark.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, Ford does excel at coming out with new things and then telling you, whump, now that's gonna be real hard to get. LOL.

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is more information than we've ever seen from an official Ford site. Why has it taken them so long to use this kind of communication method?
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/owner-resources/sales-support/2023-maverick-retail-order-faqs/
that was great ,thanks I called ford customer service 10min ago, he said im in system, but no vin. so I need to reorder ,I said I know, then he said I have a Cert.# for your offer to re-order, I said great, why did FORD not email me or call or mail it ?? of course he did not know. I got it, called my dealer Mullinax Ford ( they have 8-10 stores) and they seem in the dark, through this whole order mess. I ordered hybrid xlt, one opt, trailer hitch 10/21 11 months ago. , maybe we will have a 2023 ???

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess the scheduling on first in first out was temporary thing to appease us as it seems they are going back to the dealer allocation system for 2023, everyone better find the biggest dealer around them and place an order quick.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting that it says dealer allocation plays a significant role in our ability to schedule customer orders. So I guess the bigger the dealership the better? Or maybe not? Who knows, lol.
The dealer allocation system was put in place for a reason. In today's market it might not make (as much) sense as it did in a normal one but there was a reason.

Keep in mind allocations work both ways. They ensure that smaller dealers do get some vehicles. otherwise the big guys would simply place orders for everything they could and drive the competing dealers out of business. At that point those ADMs would be standard on all vehicles.

I'm not saying the system works well or even at all, only that it just might be better than the alternative.

What I would like to see is an online ordering system. Build out your vehicle at the website price and select which dealer you want it delivered to. Dealer does the predelivery prep and gets paid by Ford for that. You negotiate with the dealer for any trade in or financing. Dealers would likely have a laundry list of 'add ons' to sell you as well. Removes most of the pain in buying a new car but still leaves room for competition between dealers. But the competition is more customer service oriented rather than price.
Sponsored