glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked to the sales manager at local Ford dealer today. Was not very encouraging about being able to order a 2023 Maverick Hybrid when the bank opens Aug. 16th. Said that there is a huge backlog of '22 orders that will be converted to '23. And demand is so high I would be lucky to be in on the ordering before it closed down. That would mean I would get bumped to the '24 year. Is this scenario true??
I'm new to the forum. Looks like a lot of knowledge here.
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Talked to the sales manager at local Ford dealer today. Was not very encouraging about being able to order a 2023 Maverick Hybrid when the bank opens Aug. 16th. Said that there is a huge backlog of '22 orders that will be converted to '23. And demand is so high I would be lucky to be in on the ordering before it closed down. That would mean I would get bumped to the '24 year. Is this scenario true??
That sales manager hasn't got a clue at all. Ford cut off the ordering for the hybrid in mid-November so that they would be able to build all of the 2022MY orders. There is also talk that the EcoBoost orders will close soon also - probably late January to early February.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I
That sales manager hasn't got a clue at all. Ford cut off the ordering for the hybrid in mid-November so that they would be able to build all of the 2022MY orders. There is also talk that the EcoBoost orders will close soon also - probably late January to early February.
+1
The 23’ order banks were supposed to open in June but got pushed back to August to have time to build all 2022 orders.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I

+1
The 23’ order banks were supposed to open in June but got pushed back to August to have time to build all 2022 orders.
Yeah, forgot to add that part of it also, Thanks for the update..

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure hoping to get in on the '23 ordering

Sponsored

jim442

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Subaru a 96 Mustang Cobra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea=me too-how do I get on a wait list or whatever??

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea=me too-how do I get on a wait list or whatever??
None of the dealers in San Diego have a real list. We need to keep vigilant. And place an order ASAP on Aug. 16th

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spend the time to research Ford Dealers and get one that is knowledgeable, not shady as charging mark-ups. Perhaps they will keep a list and enter them all on that August date. If I could drive to Kansas, would have ordered through Long McAthur. In fact they will spend up to $1000 ship it to you or pick you up at the airport and you drive it home on delivery.

Look around this site.
/\
Above was a draft at midnight after eating 1/3 sleeping cookie.
Below was my rely, thinking the previous was lost but the site remembered my abandon post.

Spend the time researching very reputable, knowledgeable, and hard working dealers. Read different articles on this forum. Listen to Long McArthur weekly Tuesday live videos or or afterwards as on YouTube. Personally would look for a different dealer. There is also Johny's care care & reviews videos.

Last edited:
OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info. I did find another dealer. I'm glad I found this forum. Amazing amount of info. I appreciate it.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If he can see that far into the future ask him for some lottery numbers while he's at it.

When the order date opens get your order in with a signed copy of the sales price with both your and the sales managers signature.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like a dealer trying to sell you an ecoboost XD

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a dealer trying to sell you an ecoboost XD
Just got back from seeing 3 Mavericks on a lot in La Mesa. A Lariat, XLT and XLT FX4. All had $5000 up-charge. All were 2.0. The Lariat was $40K+. The alto blue is nice but too dark for me. The area 51 is a good color. The carbonized grey is what I'll probably order. Haven't seen sliver yet.

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If he can see that far into the future ask him for some lottery numbers while he's at it.

When the order date opens get your order in with a signed copy of the sales price with both your and the sales managers signature.
Thanks. Good points

OP
OP

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, forgot to add that part of it also, Thanks for the update..
Thanks. Good points
My dealer Mossy Ford, just called and said "they are able to pre-order the Maverick. We submit it and when it opens again you are automatically entered, We just need your DR copy, $500 deposit and the build." Any one else heard this?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer Mossy Ford, just called and said "they are able to pre-order the Maverick. We submit it and when it opens again you are automatically entered, We just need your DR copy, $500 deposit and the build." Any one else heard this?
no, they are FOS :poop:
Sponsored