First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been told that 22 order holders will take priority over the 23 orders. But I don't know if I would take the chance to trust that they will have that working properly. At our dealership we are going to duplicate all of our 22 orders as 23 orders before we enter any new 23 orders.
Hey Tim, thanks for all that you do! So many threads, questions and scenarios to try to get accurate information.

So if no VIN by 8/1, we need to go to a dealer and order a MY 23? This rolls over our MY 22 order or that gets automatically cancelled regardless? There was a lot of chat about auto rollover and price protection, what are the facts? Mine is an October XL hybrid with 360 @ priority 2 (no VIN assigned yet)....thanks!!!
Sponsored

Ion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Newbie here with a question.

Most of the people here have old '22 orders. I don't, and if I order it'll obviously be for a '23.

Are we potentially looking at year-long wait times again? For a new '23 order? Like, do we have any idea of whether it'll be a month, four months, six months, etc. for a '23 if the order is put in in August or September?

(If an order was put in in September, is that going to tack on a severe wait penalty? Like, if I'm not out there putting an order in on exactly August 2nd, am I boned in regards to waiting times?)

I don't currently have a car, been using public transport or a bike for decades. So I'm just trying to get a feel for whether I'd be putting a few months more of that on my plate if I order a Maverick, or whether I have to (sadly) pass on the Maverick and go for a different hybrid.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see this August date as a day that bad dealers are going to potentially blackmail customers with high additive prices when the customer tries to get that long awaited MY22-23 Maverick. Ford's ordering process sucks! Beware customers. Auto industry as well as housing is crashing. Be the patient customer.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Most of the people here have old '22 orders. I don't, and if I order it'll obviously be for a '23.

Are we potentially looking at year-long wait times again? For a new '23 order? Like, do we have any idea of whether it'll be a month, four months, six months, etc. for a '23 if the order is put in in August or September?

(If an order was put in in September, is that going to tack on a severe wait penalty? Like, if I'm not out there putting an order in on exactly August 2nd, am I boned in regards to waiting times?)

I don't currently have a car, been using public transport or a bike for decades. So I'm just trying to get a feel for whether I'd be putting a few months more of that on my plate if I order a Maverick, or whether I have to (sadly) pass on the Maverick and go for a different hybrid.
No one knows how long the wait will be for 2023s. It will vary significantly based on the options you choose. A basic Ecoboost XL or XLT should be quickest still. Given the supposed priority for 2022 hold overs, I would assume January or February as the earliest production for most new 2023 orders, but again that is very dependent on your build options. I’m sure some will be waiting a year again.

My guess is that there is huge pent up demand for ordering, especially for the hybrid. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get 9+ months worth of orders in the first month. If you are at all interested you should put down a refundable deposit at a reputable dealer as soon the order banks open. You can always change your mind later.

Reactions: Ion

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In another post Tim had said there is still an allocation system. Just different from what they done before. I don't understand it but what else in new?

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I think with 22 carryovers and high 23 demand, order banks could be closed by September. Although we don’t know if ford will ramp up production for 23. Four to six thousand a month won’t cut it.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hey Tim, thanks for all that you do! So many threads, questions and scenarios to try to get accurate information.

So if no VIN by 8/1, we need to go to a dealer and order a MY 23? This rolls over our MY 22 order or that gets automatically cancelled regardless? There was a lot of chat about auto rollover and price protection, what are the facts? Mine is an October XL hybrid with 360 @ priority 2 (no VIN assigned yet)....thanks!!!
Dealer will add a 23 order, so you will have a 22 order and a 23 order. There will still be some scheduling in August for 22 orders. Once the last 22 orders are scheduled Ford will need to see which orders need to get their private offers and how much they will receive. So those 22 orders need to stay in there until Ford remove them. If you have a 22 order that gets scheduled in August, the dealer can delete the 23 order.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer will add a 23 order, so you will have a 22 order and a 23 order. There will still be some scheduling in August for 22 orders. Once the last 22 orders are scheduled Ford will need to see which orders need to get their private offers and how much they will receive. So those 22 orders need to stay in there until Ford remove them. If you have a 22 order that gets scheduled in August, the dealer can delete the 23 order.
Thanks… so no price protection, just a private offer from Ford? How does ford know to keep prior MY 22 orders first in line if new MY 23 orders have to be created?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any chance that $1k price increase for the base model XL might include Cruise Control now?!? Come on, Ford, this is a complete no brainer.

Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any chance that $1k price increase for the base model XL might include Cruise Control now?!? Come on, Ford, this is a complete no brainer.
Wouldn't they prefer you order an xlt if cc is that important to you?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think with 22 carryovers and high 23 demand, order banks could be closed by September. Although we don’t know if ford will ramp up production for 23. Four to six thousand a month won’t cut it.
It won’t matter. If Ford can’t make your MY22 thru October, there is no way in hell Ford will be able to make a MY23 ordered in 2022 for a 2023 year build until maybe early fall 2023 or later. Ford clearly has lost the ability to keep its word on its new plan. It’s stating its helping the customer, in reality it’s only helping Ford sell its vehicles for what they want the price point to be. Which by the way is what it is has been doing for years. The dealer sets the actual price of the vehicle, after paying Ford it’s out the door price. Ford has so disappointed that it’s hard to believe a company could lose it’s reputation in less than 5 years.
Bronco is a disaster. Can’t build them as promised.
Maverick is a disaster. Can’t build them as promised.
Lightening can’t order them, much less can’t build them as promised.
Ford Escape, multiple years with coolant into cracked heads.
Absolutely piss-poor communication with customers. I’m really frustrated. I was so hopeful.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Thanks… so no price protection, just a private offer from Ford? How does ford know to keep prior MY 22 orders first in line if new MY 23 orders have to be created?
They haven't explained how it will be done but that dealers will need to prioritize them and we will get more information soon.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you already got your truck- why are you still circle jerking here?
Sponsored