First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope 😡. If you go on the Ford.ca site and start build & pricing your own, the lariat trim is limited to only the Ecoboost in Canada.

The states usually has their build & price site up before Canada, so I used that to spec my vehicle initially. Was disappointed when the Canadian one went live and the hybrid wasnt an option. Had a few dealers confirm this too when I was researching last summer. The sales guys I was speaking with were really surprised to hear it was an option south of the border.
I found that really strange when I first heard....that they would offer the hybrid in Canada...but not a Lariat hybrid? Why? Doesn't make sense to me!
Sponsored

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found that really strange when I first heard....that they would offer the hybrid in Canada...but not a Lariat hybrid? Why? Doesn't make sense to me!
Lots of people complained regarding this on socials iirc.

Not having pushbutton and keyless makes me cry lol

Brian Wagg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, Lariat, Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Literally though. My 2012 journey had push to start and passive entry, same with my almost base model 2017 challenger. When shopping around, it appears to be mainly Ford that limits this feature to "high end" trims. Toyota, Dodge, Hyundai, Chrysler, Jeep etc all have this as either a standard feature, or at the very least, available on most trims.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of people complained regarding this on socials iirc.

Haha, I ended up getting an XLT hybrid....mostly because I wasn't keen on the Lariat interior. But I do miss the pushbutton and keyless entry as well. I keep pulling on the door handle wondering why it won't unlock. And pushing some random part of the dash expecting it to start!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Literally though. My 2012 journey had push to start and passive entry, same with my almost base model 2017 challenger. When shopping around, it appears to be mainly Ford that limits this feature to "high end" trims. Toyota, Dodge, Hyundai, Chrysler, Jeep etc all have this as either a standard feature, or at the very least, available on most trims.
It is standard on most Fords now.... probably just needed to save more $/chips on the Maverick!

Sponsored

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My GF's 2020 explorer XLT has proximity and pushbutton!

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More Canadian Hybrids, just picked it up yesterday morning. Went on a 60km drive (30km each way), 18.8km each was pure electric. Awesome little truck. Must have been built a while ago, it has the temperature read out on the temperature dial.

Ford Maverick Finally! Hybrid delivery (Canada) + Initial Build Pics _Z6R1934

Last edited:
Sponsored

ScorpioST

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Looks so much better with bikes in and around it, lol. Keep an eye on coolant level, my block heater leaked. I clayed and ceramic mine also, looks sharp, nice wheels. Do you have the holes in belly pan and couple grill shutters removed? Just had that done by dealer

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Looks so much better with bikes in and around it, lol. Keep an eye on coolant level, my block heater leaked. I clayed and ceramic mine also, looks sharp, nice wheels. Do you have the holes in belly pan and couple grill shutters removed? Just had that done by dealer
Yes sir! I am going to take some pics with all the bikes, but i broke my wrist - hard to do everything one handed. A few of us here who bought the mav for bikelife.

xice snow suv mounted, ceramic done, and trying some forscan. just cant get the headlamps off for DRL - seems like other users having similar results.

Ford Maverick Finally! Hybrid delivery (Canada) + Initial Build Pics 20220724_185737710_iOS

Ford Maverick Finally! Hybrid delivery (Canada) + Initial Build Pics 20220724_195353757_iOS

Ford Maverick Finally! Hybrid delivery (Canada) + Initial Build Pics 20220724_214211260_iOS

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4 days old and keyed down passenger side. fml

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently owned a 2004 Prius that had it too… let me emphasize this, 18 year old vehicle, pretty crazy. It’s so nice in Canada in the crappy winter not having to take your key out of your pocket!
Sponsored