snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please read the title before posting, this is for CANADA!

My mav has been at the Calgary rail head for 7 weeks now. Ford rep for my dealer in western Canada says the truck is on a stop sale and not being shipped to the dealer.

What I find interesting is - that there is a fix for this recall, normally a stop sale is when there is not a part available or no fix available. (Source 15+ years in the industry)

I’ll keep this updated, just incase anyone else has a mav in jail.

Ford Maverick (CANADA) Stop Sale: Hybrid at Rail Head 2CCDDEC9-19CF-4061-B46C-BFE943BEDBA4
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My mav has been at the Calgary rail head for 7 weeks now. Ford rep for my dealer in western Canada says the truck is on a stop sale and not being shipped to the dealer.

What I find interesting is - that there is a fix for this recall, normally a stop sale is when there is not a part available or no fix available. (Source 15+ years in the industry)

2CCDDEC9-19CF-4061-B46C-BFE943BEDBA4.jpeg
And stop sales usually only prevent the vehicle from being sold or demonstrated to the customer....not transported.

Unless the shipping company is refusing to ship because of the recall? Because "fire" is in the name? (I am making the assumption that this is the recall that needs to holes drilled in the underbody shield).

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And stop sales usually only prevent the vehicle from being sold or demonstrated to the customer....not transported.

Unless the shipping company is refusing to ship because of the recall? Because "fire" is in the name? (I am making the assumption that this is the recall that needs to holes drilled in the underbody shield).
no, they will hold vehicles at a port / rail head for recalls. This is standard

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no, they will hold vehicles at a port / rail head for recalls. This is standard
Must be a Canada / USA difference (unless some are held and fixed quick enough that I am unaware that that has happened). I do think I recall having vehicles dropped off w/ open recalls.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Interesting information. A number of posters in the US on this and another forum have complained that their Mavericks are stuck at railyards.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting information. A number of posters in the US on this and another forum have complained that their Mavericks are stuck at railyards.
Part of the full recall documents was that Ford instituted a stop-ship on June 8th.

OP
OP
snowcatxx87

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Part of the full recall documents was that Ford instituted a stop-ship on June 8th.
This is great info, I didn't know that date.

CorrigansLabs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I think I’m in the same situation as you. My Maverick shipped April 13 and is still stuck in Montreal at the shipping yard. This is the message the shipper sent me:

Ford Maverick (CANADA) Stop Sale: Hybrid at Rail Head 5802D3F9-3B84-4782-8879-399AC62DF9E1

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Kind of figured this would happen with recalls out. Between recalls, stories of catalytic converts being stolen from vehicles waiting in rail-yards, it's a wonder any of them are making it to the dealers in one piece.
Sponsored