First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, just FYI, it has a ECVT, not a regular CVT...they are quite different.
Sponsored

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 17 months (July 9th, 2021 order), my Maverick XLT Hybrid was ready to go. Shout out to Doherty Ford in Forest Grove, Oregon. They were awesome to deal with through this whole process and attempted to pull zero fast ones during this whole process. We had the credit application ran before I arrived, and I was in and out of the place in about 25 minutes.

Here's the available options I got:
The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Manual Sliding Rear Window
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Black Maverick lettering on the back
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
FITS Accessories Kit (free)
little 3D printed shelf insert for the cubby hole (aftermarket)
Hitch cover that looks like Captain America's Shield (aftermarket)
Hitch pin

So I would officially call this a fully loaded XLT Hybrid. Total cost of everything OTD after taxes and fees was $28,167.41 (God bless Oregon, no sales tax). That's with no dealer markup and 0% interest on a 36 month loan through Ford Credit. It was $29,167.41, but I got $1,000 off for being a recent college grad. Considering what I got, I cannot possibly imagine a better car for 28 grand. Knowing I got the hottest car in America $1,000 off MSRP and 0% interest is a pretty sweet feeling. As you can see, it's a sick looking ride and love seeing it in person. Definitely a tad bigger than I thought it would be.

After picking up the car, immediately hit up i-84 and began the 4.5 ish hour drive back home to eastern Oregon. Was living in Portland when I originally bought the car so had to drive it back after flying to Portland that morning. It was about a 260 mile drive, and it was an awesome way to get to know my new truck. Here's some observations I had.

First off, the luxury package (especially the 2022 version) is a MUST. Without it, it's a cool utility truck. With it, it's an exceptional commuter car. It's cold in eastern Oregon, so having heated everything, the spray in bedliner, power driver seat, and the very nice heated leather steering wheel really give me confidence that this was a great choice for a daily driver. I would regret not having some of those creature comforts.

It was super fun driving home and learning about all these modern features. I've been driving a 30 year old Volvo for the past couple of years and have never had a "modern" car (closest would be a very bare bones 2008 Hyundai Accent which had zero modern features). Never had a hybrid, never had blind spot monitoring, never had a touchscreen, never had a digital display for an odometer, never had heated seats, never had a heated steering wheel, never had a steering wheel with a button other than the horn. So even if the Maverick lags behind on tech, this thing is the gotdang future in my world. I thought it would be overwhelming but this thing is a breeze to drive. Decent acceleration for a hybrid, good visibility, smooth ride, quiet interior, and easy to pass people. I also never have had a car with a CVT before, and frankly I see no issues with that CVT droll or any lack of tactile feel. The seats are comfortable and had no problems driving for extended periods. The base stereo is good enough for my books, and the interior is slick. Everyone who has seen it loves the XLT interior with the two-tone seats and the orange flashes. I live in a rural community with a lot of big trucks and Big Truck Energy People, and everyone thinks its sweet.

The only "complaint" I have (isn't really a complaint but rather the reality of the situation) would be the gas mileage on the highway at "True" highway speed. In the cold with the heat on averaging more than 80MPH (occasionally hitting...higher), I averaged about 26MPG on the way home with about 95% of that on the interstate. That's on me for having a lead foot and wanting to get home, but considering the vast majority of driving I do outside of my commute is highway driving, I don't think i'll be hitting 40MPG too often. Still, 26MPG driving like a maniac ain't half bad.

Overall, absolutely in love with the thing. Again, considering the price, and considering how expensive modern cars have gotten (I still can't get over the average new car price in America being over $45k), this is technically an economy car, and it sure doesn't feel like one. I look forward to rolling with this vehicle for at least the last fifteen years.

unnamed (1).jpg
You done good! Much luck!

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After 17 months (July 9th, 2021 order), my Maverick XLT Hybrid was ready to go. Shout out to Doherty Ford in Forest Grove, Oregon. They were awesome to deal with through this whole process and attempted to pull zero fast ones during this whole process. We had the credit application ran before I arrived, and I was in and out of the place in about 25 minutes.

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

So I would officially call this a fully loaded XLT Hybrid. Total cost of everything OTD after taxes and fees was $28,167.41 (God bless Oregon, no sales tax). That's with no dealer markup and 0% interest on a 36 month loan through Ford Credit. It was $29,167.41, but I got $1,000 off for being a recent college grad. Considering what I got, I cannot possibly imagine a better car for 28 grand. Knowing I got the hottest car in America $1,000 off MSRP and 0% interest is a pretty sweet feeling. As you can see, it's a sick looking ride and love seeing it in person. Definitely a tad bigger than I thought it would be.

After picking up the car, immediately hit up i-84 and began the 4.5 ish hour drive back home to eastern Oregon. Was living in Portland when I originally bought the car so had to drive it back after flying to Portland that morning. It was about a 260 mile drive, and it was an awesome way to get to know my new truck. Here's some observations I had.

First off, the luxury package (especially the 2022 version) is a MUST. Without it, it's a cool utility truck. With it, it's an exceptional commuter car. It's cold in eastern Oregon, so having heated everything, the spray in bedliner, power driver seat, and the very nice heated leather steering wheel really give me confidence that this was a great choice for a daily driver. I would regret not having some of those creature comforts.

It was super fun driving home and learning about all these modern features. I've been driving a 30 year old Volvo for the past couple of years and have never had a "modern" car (closest would be a very bare bones 2008 Hyundai Accent which had zero modern features). Never had a hybrid, never had blind spot monitoring, never had a touchscreen, never had a digital display for an odometer, never had heated seats, never had a heated steering wheel, never had a steering wheel with a button other than the horn. So even if the Maverick lags behind on tech, this thing is the gotdang future in my world. I thought it would be overwhelming but this thing is a breeze to drive. Decent acceleration for a hybrid, good visibility, smooth ride, quiet interior, and easy to pass people. I also never have had a car with a CVT before, and frankly I see no issues with that CVT droll or any lack of tactile feel. The seats are comfortable and had no problems driving for extended periods. The base stereo is good enough for my books, and the interior is slick. Everyone who has seen it loves the XLT interior with the two-tone seats and the orange flashes. I live in a rural community with a lot of big trucks and Big Truck Energy People, and everyone thinks its sweet.

The only "complaint" I have (isn't really a complaint but rather the reality of the situation) would be the gas mileage on the highway at "True" highway speed. In the cold with the heat on averaging more than 80MPH (occasionally hitting...higher), I averaged about 26MPG on the way home with about 95% of that on the interstate. That's on me for having a lead foot and wanting to get home, but considering the vast majority of driving I do outside of my commute is highway driving, I don't think i'll be hitting 40MPG too often. Still, 26MPG driving like a maniac ain't half bad.

Overall, absolutely in love with the thing. Again, considering the price, and considering how expensive modern cars have gotten (I still can't get over the average new car price in America being over $45k), this is technically an economy car, and it sure doesn't feel like one. I look forward to rolling with this vehicle for at least the last fifteen years.

unnamed (1).jpg
It's great to read a review without bitches; good on you. I'm sure the 17 mo wait was due to the vast number of options. But you got exactly what you wanted. Have fun and welcome to the 21st century. When I got my 21 Mazda CX-5(upgrade from a 2016 Toyota) the modern tech was a very pleasant surprise. As for adaptive cruse (which you could not get) it is useless in stop and go traffic and on curvy roads (maybe dangerous when passing semis because the radar sometimes thinks the truck is in your way due to the curves and can rapidly slow down). But it is great on the open road when bad things happen. Hope you will write a review in 6 months or so!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great looking truck. I am beginning my long wait for my 2 Lariat Hybrids I ordered in Sept of this year. Hopefully will have them next year at this time. In the mean while, I found a 22 XLT EcoBoost FX4 I bought last week. Hoping to get time to post it maybe this weekend.

southallc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d think your fuel economy should be better. I guess continue to monitor it to ensure things are working correctly.
Another hybrid owner here. Last week I went 80mph on the interstate using ACC nearly the entire way. Temp was on the upper 20s and had a estimated 20mph headwind. I averaged under 25mpg for a trip of over 150 miles. The wind had calmed down for the return trip, so I managed just over 31mpg coming back. Most of my driving is around town where I easily get over 40mpg with a 10 mile commute, so pretty sure it's working correctly. The higher speeds just really cut in to the milage.

I was a little disappointed at 25mpg, but ok with 31. A similar trip last year in my '19 Ranger only managed 12mpg, so that made me feel a little better. I think the Ranger only averaged about 20 for the whole time I owned it, and I'm nearly doubling that now. For my purposes, the Maverick is a much better vehicle.

Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have never had a hybrid either.. so does this mean I would be better off taking the backroads to work instead of the highway if I wanted to maximize my mpg?
Yes

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

unnamed (1).jpg
Sweet looking ride...you have the patience of Job and deserve the credit for waiting so long to get what you wanted. Good job

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

unnamed (1).jpg
What was your Mpg over 4 hours.?

beckerroth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My area 51 hybrid XLT Lux is much like yours. Love the picture. Quick question. What hood deflector do you have? I am ready to get one.

Sponsored

Nittany

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

unnamed (1).jpg
Sounds like you got a great deal pricewise. Looks great. I just got word that my production date has been moved up a week (from Dec. 19 to Dec. 12), so hopefully I will be posting a similar review in a month or two.

JoshC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One you get about 4,000 miles on it, you’ll get the “true” MPG for your truck. Or so I’ve read.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

unnamed (1).jpg
Did you have to pay our new "privilege tax"? I think mine was about $270 or so. I live in Salem. Love the truck. Drove recently to Utah so I did some 80 mph too. The only tank I got at 26 mpg was with a head wind. Averaged about 32 mpg for the whole trip. I did get 40 mpg from Ogden to Salt Lake City and back driving between 65 and 70. Mine is a Cyber Orange lux lariat co pilot hybrid.

OP
OP
Jcj280

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My area 51 hybrid XLT Lux is much like yours. Love the picture. Quick question. What hood deflector do you have? I am ready to get one.
I got the Lund hood deflector on the Ford accessories website.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Bed Extender
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Roadside Assistance Kit
First-aid kit
Cargo Bed net
Metal door sills
Sunscreen
Hood deflector
Hitch pin

unnamed (1).jpg
Good to see another Maverick long hauler. We're keeping ours until the wheels fall off. Have high hopes for the hybrid, seems to be about as reliable as a powertrain can be.
Sponsored