Sponsored

Finally got my Maverick. Impressions during week long drive.

IndyChill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this a rollover?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Need one of those adapters that pumps a V8 sound through your speakers depending on your revs, I think a lot of speediness is just psychological based on the noise.

OP
OP

1stNewFordTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2012 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While the Maverick didn't work for you, there are plenty of folks here on this club site who would be happy to have one in their driveway. I say, do a solid and sell it at your cost to one of our members.
I actually had it for sale on this forum first, but no takers.

OP
OP

1stNewFordTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2012 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see how the hybrid could be considered slow. I replaced a tuned 2.0 escape and they are comparable except maybe at freeway passing, and its still fine at that.

This isn't Forza.
Duly noted. As stated before, I was comparing the power to what I remembered driving the eco boost.

Sponsored

Jäger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get what the OP is saying- The first XLT/Eco I drove seemed like it was just patched together, loud and bit clunky, not really impressive- For whatever reason and with all the add on packages with the Eco/Lariat/Lux felt and still does almost feel like a completely different truck to me.
Couldn’t agree more. All the complaints I see in XL/XLTs are non existent in my Lariat. The road noise is a worry I had while waiting for mine but it’s WAY better than I was expecting, sound system is also better than expected, seats are comfy, ride and shifting are smooth. Maybe my expectations were low coming in but I’ve gotta say this truck is much better than I expected!

Dstinson

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
My Maverick landed while we were on vacation last week, and I picked it up Tuesday morning. I was forced to buy a new truck while waiting for the Maverick, and decided to drive it for a week and decide which one to keep.

First of all a shout out to Mullinax Ford of Kissimmee. They not only kept their word on pricing, but worked overtime to get my transition offer approved so it could be included in the sales contract. My thoughts:

The Alto blue paint looked great but scratched easily, I hauled a small pressure washer and gas can to Tampa and you could tell afterwards by the bed scratches. The truck drove really hard initially, but a quick check of the tires revealed the dealership had forgot to air down the tires after transport and after taking them down to 36 psi things improved.
The interior was nice, but a real hodge podge of materials and quality. For example, the foam in the seats was really squishy, and there is no lumbar support in the XLT. I felt like I was sitting on this truck, not in it. The last time my back hurt this bad in a new truck was 1993 (Silverado K1500 extended cab). The power lock buttons though, looked like they had been pulled from a Lincoln they were so nice!

Most of the common complaints I see on this site were present: much less power in the hybrid vs the eco boost (which is what I test drove), terrible sound system with bad reception, distorted view in the rear view mirror while set to night, and a glitchy infotainment system with a low res backup camera.

The good points were the ride, handling with decent steering feel, generous head room even with the sunroof and extraordinary gas mileage.

After just 2 days of driving it, I decided to keep the Frontier as I need a heavier duty truck for work. My job includes hauling landscaping equipment, dump runs after cleaning out apartments and a cab full of tools and whatever crap I'm trying to get fixed any particular day.

I really don't think the interior plastics will hold up, but for a retired person this would be a great little runabout. With the 2000-3000 miles a month I put on, the Maverick would be used up in less than 5 years.

Of course, this truck is built to a price and thank goodness Ford was willing to build it. There are certainly worse vehicles out there. Best of luck to all of you waiting, and I hope you are happy with your purchase.

20230104_140359.jpg
I have the xlt and mine has lumbar support

Dstinson

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
My Maverick landed while we were on vacation last week, and I picked it up Tuesday morning. I was forced to buy a new truck while waiting for the Maverick, and decided to drive it for a week and decide which one to keep.

First of all a shout out to Mullinax Ford of Kissimmee. They not only kept their word on pricing, but worked overtime to get my transition offer approved so it could be included in the sales contract. My thoughts:

The Alto blue paint looked great but scratched easily, I hauled a small pressure washer and gas can to Tampa and you could tell afterwards by the bed scratches. The truck drove really hard initially, but a quick check of the tires revealed the dealership had forgot to air down the tires after transport and after taking them down to 36 psi things improved.
The interior was nice, but a real hodge podge of materials and quality. For example, the foam in the seats was really squishy, and there is no lumbar support in the XLT. I felt like I was sitting on this truck, not in it. The last time my back hurt this bad in a new truck was 1993 (Silverado K1500 extended cab). The power lock buttons though, looked like they had been pulled from a Lincoln they were so nice!

Most of the common complaints I see on this site were present: much less power in the hybrid vs the eco boost (which is what I test drove), terrible sound system with bad reception, distorted view in the rear view mirror while set to night, and a glitchy infotainment system with a low res backup camera.

The good points were the ride, handling with decent steering feel, generous head room even with the sunroof and extraordinary gas mileage.

After just 2 days of driving it, I decided to keep the Frontier as I need a heavier duty truck for work. My job includes hauling landscaping equipment, dump runs after cleaning out apartments and a cab full of tools and whatever crap I'm trying to get fixed any particular day.

I really don't think the interior plastics will hold up, but for a retired person this would be a great little runabout. With the 2000-3000 miles a month I put on, the Maverick would be used up in less than 5 years.

Of course, this truck is built to a price and thank goodness Ford was willing to build it. There are certainly worse vehicles out there. Best of luck to all of you waiting, and I hope you are happy with your purchase.

20230104_140359.jpg

20230104_140359.jpg

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230104_140359.jpg
At this point in the game, I'm stunned that anyone doesn't understand exactly what this truck is all about. If you are surprised, then you haven't done your homework. I got exactly what I expected with my XLT hybrid and love it
Sponsored