First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get excited when I get on this forum, just to hear how excited I will be when I finally get a scheduled build date!
But believe me you will miss your ELEMENT!!
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the excitement. I gotta ask, how have you had over 100 cars? Or was it a bit of an exaggeration? Are you planning to dump the maverick in a few months? Do you own 5-10 at a time? Do you drive 150k miles a year? Thanks and congrats on the Maverick!

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
same sentiments here. Can't wait to walk outside and see a motorcycle in the back of it regularly for track weekends!

IAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw one on the road for the first time last night in Cedar Rapids Iowa and I'm still in awe. Can't wait for mine to come

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a rare sunny winter day here in Western Washington. It pains me to be working. I wanna go out and play in my Maverick! I keep looking at the security camera longingly. Naranjita beckons me to come out and play with her!!!

Ford Maverick Feel like a Kid @ the Maverick 1640809472180

Sponsored

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I love the excitement. I gotta ask, how have you had over 100 cars? Or was it a bit of an exaggeration? Are you planning to dump the maverick in a few months? Do you own 5-10 at a time? Do you drive 150k miles a year? Thanks and congrats on the Maverick!
Great question, yes, I really have had over 100 cars, maybe closer to 125. As an example, I lived in Italy for over three years. I owned and sold over 5-7 cars every other month. I would try out different types and drive them for awhile and then sell for a profit to NATO personnel. I had a contact that would buy wholesale to ship to Arab and African Countries, a lot of fun.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
L
It's a rare sunny winter day here in Western Washington. It pains me to be working. I wanna go out and play in my Maverick! I keep looking at the security camera longingly. Naranjita beckons me to come out and play with her!!!

1640809472180.png
Love the nickname!

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 60. Had at least 25-30 cars, mostly midsize or large sedans, many were company cars. My favorites until now were a new 86 Accord LX-i hatchback (all my buddies were envious), then my red 2012 Chrysler 300 (such a beautiful car!), and a 2015 300 in dark blue.

This is the first time I actually ordered a vehicle tailored to my exact wants. I'm giddy over my choice. Yes, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I walk into the garage, whether I need something in there or not.
Ford Maverick Feel like a Kid @ the Maverick IMG_20211111_162055643_HDR

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I am 64 and have owned over a hundred cars in my life, most brand new and some very expensive vehicles. Here I catch myself (with a $30k mini-truck), going outside to just look at my Maverick! At night, I open the door just to have the interior lights on to gawk! I am in love with this thing, it is the perfect vehicle for me!
Every time I go somewhere, I get approached to ask about how I like it!
This is a BIG HIT for Ford!
By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Man and, uh, um, Truck?

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I hope it will be a good truck. I have a 2017 Frontier I love...built like a tank but crap gas mileage. I see a wide range of reviews. Some feel this thing walks on water and other reviews not so good...road noise what have you. We don't know the longevity but will save on the gas 4 sure.

Sponsored

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm right there with you. I was driving a Fusion that ran very well but went and ordered a Maverick in June, just a week or so after I learned about it. What was the main selling point was the low cost, less than the Fusion, but just as important was to see a small pick up. My first pick up was a 1983 Ford Ranger and I miss that small handy truck.

notliketopgun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none, Maverick is first car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're definitely not alone. I'm still waiting to receive mine, but ever since I was a kid I've had a fascination with trucks and tools. My dad is in construction, and I grew up in the back seat of his truck (a blue Ram 2500) it feels like. I've always wanted a truck of my own. And I'm going to have one!!! at 22!!! I've been thinking about Mavericks so much I'm having dreams where I see them car spotting, because I haven't seen any in real life yet.

I'll be able to go out fishing after work, go hiking, camping, buy a cheap snowboard and drive north to the ski hills, or heck, even just go out and order food on a day off. No more ubers or hours spent waiting for rides, or money spent on fees and tips, and it makes me so happy. It feels like an exaggeration to say "I can finally live my life!" but with how necessary cars are here, it certainly feels like it lol.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can’t stop smiling, my wife calls me ridiculous…I don’t care

Ford Maverick Feel like a Kid @ the Maverick 4A636734-8E48-4716-B121-B8E7FA9A6537

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here, I just picked up mine today, I really struggled to contain my excitement at Chapman Ford. I really walked in there expecting some level of disappointment because I own two other expensive cool vehicles...and 100% expected this to be some Frankenstein of the old ranger and the current escape.

Instead I was literally blown away, pictures do this vehicle no justice! The comfort for even my tall, “husky” self was wonderful and it’s really a joy to drive this truck. Really confidence inspiring in even rush hour traffic where most trucks and SUVs fall short. Bluetooth/phone pairing/app use was excellent, the ride was quiet and smooth plus this truck is pretty quick!

Unbelievably someone even got out of their car on I95 in rush hour traffic to take a pic of it lol! Turns heads everywhere, even the large truck guys stop to take notice. I actually nearly drove past my house on the way home because I was so comfortable in it.

Ford hit this one out of the park, no joke in my opinion. I’ll wait until the honeymoon is over but if it stays as good as it is now, I may keep this for a long time.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I just picked up mine today, I really struggled to contain my excitement at Chapman Ford. I really walked in there expecting some level of disappointment because I own two other expensive cool vehicles...and 100% expected this to be some Frankenstein of the old ranger and the current escape.

Instead I was literally blown away, pictures do this vehicle no justice! The comfort for even my tall, “husky” self was wonderful and it’s really a joy to drive this truck. Really confidence inspiring in even rush hour traffic where most trucks and SUVs fall short. Bluetooth/phone pairing/app use was excellent, the ride was quiet and smooth plus this truck is pretty quick!

Unbelievably someone even got out of their car on I95 in rush hour traffic to take a pic of it lol! Turns heads everywhere, even the large truck guys stop to take notice. I actually nearly drove past my house on the way home because I was so comfortable in it.

Ford hit this one out of the park, no joke in my opinion. I’ll wait until the honeymoon is over but if it stays as good as it is now, I may keep this for a long time.
It love you long time hehe - or we certainly hope so for sure!
Sponsored