LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prior to getting my Mav I'd seen exactly three others out in the wild. Since I took delivery a few weeks ago I haven't seen any at all, which is kinda weird. But anyway, it makes me slightly uncomfortable that I'm driving such an uncommon vehicle around. All the time I see people staring and pointing, and I'm glad there's interest in this truck but it makes me feel pretty weird. I really can't wait for more Mavericks to hit the road so I don't feel like the alien species under the microscope. Am I the only one who doesn't like the attention? I'm happy to talk with anyone who approaches me with questions, but the attention from other drivers is a strange feeling.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As soon as I get my truck I am more than willing to take some of the attention off you.

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As soon as I get my truck I am more than willing to take some of the attention off you.
You can have it! LOL. Seriously though, I prefer to live under the radar but this truck is NOT the one to drive if you want to be anonymous. When I ordered mine back in July I had no idea it would be the White Whale it's become.

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is hidden in the cave ..... I mean garage ..... making a "Batman" appearance when needed.πŸ¦‡

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can have it! LOL. Seriously though, I prefer to live under the radar but this truck is NOT the one to drive if you want to be anonymous. When I ordered mine back in July I had no idea it would be the White Whale it's become.
To be serious for a second...I would feel a bit weird too with people pointing or looking at me. But I know how they feel. I almost had a coronary seeing my first maverick.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Either you get used to it or get rid of the truck. I get approached at least once a day with questions. The other day when I left a fireworks store in Pahrump, NV, I looked at my rear view mirror and 5 or so employees were watching me driving away πŸ˜†

OP
OP
LelandJ

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To be serious for a second...I would feel a bit weird too with people pointing or looking at me. But I know how they feel. I almost had a coronary seeing my first maverick.
Yes, exactly. I pointed like a lunatic the first time I saw one on the road too, so I totally get it. It's just a VERY odd feeling being on the other side of it.
Sponsored