TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Need: 4x4 or AWD, big enough/wide enough 4 door for my 6'3" 220 pound self and family, and close to that 20k msrp (knowing AWD will be extra)

Want: Lots of color choices instead of greyscale, autostart, available "winter package" with heated seats/WeatherTech floor mats/block heater(?), CD player/Bluetooth (yeah, I'm that guy who still wants a CD player, actually while we're doing wants, I want an AM/FM/CD/Cassette/Bluetooth player!), a NA base engine, a rear window that opens.

Don't Want: Screens, no damn screens, i want real gauges, real knobs, real buttons, real levers. Dont want to have to go up trim levels to add things I already mentioned wanting. And i don't want whatever engine it comes with to be a maintenance nightmare. I want to be able to see the oil filter, not feel around for it, twist it off, then pull it off sideways over the axle spilling black oil everywhere. I want to be able to change the plugs without a bunch of extensions, elbow sockets, wobble sockets etc. And i dont want a wiper fluid reservoir that only takes 95% of the gallon of wiper fluid, leaving me with and inch of fluid in the gallon to store in the garage, take the whole gallon and just be done!!!

This was fun guys!
Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Need: Comfortable seating, Great gas mileage, Smooth all-weather handling (AWD), Back-up camera, Easy to read gauges, Low maintenance, Alarm, Intuitively placed controls, Tailgate that is not easy to remove/steal.

Want (some aftermarket): Heated/Cooled seats, Foldable rear seats, Uniform tinting, Removable tailgate fence, Bed/roof rails, Bed liner/coating, Center console vault, Brush guard, Tow kit.

Don't: AC that automatically switches to "fresh" when the thing is started, Jeers and snickers from "real" truck owners, undercarriage that rusts out easily.

Reactions: Doc

norvalovit

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corsair, 2014 F-150
NEED: LUXURY FEATURES. Heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, auto start, large sun roof, all safety features.

Reactions: Doc

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How can heated steering wheel and seats possibly fall under Need category? lol

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You obviously don’t live where it gets REALLY cold in the winter!

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
In places where it gets super cold, they're the first thing to warm up before the engine and heater get going, and keeping your hand on that -40 steering wheel with out gloves, ouch!

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even WITH gloves, my hands still hurt holding onto a -40F steering wheel. Though my low blood circulation and Reynauds doesn't help that situation.
Ha goodness gracious, do all of your live in Nome, Alaska? Looking up places where people I know live that I consider REALLY cold (St. Paul, Minnesota; Bangor, Maine, etc.), most of them have never hit -40. So while I agree that at -40, I'd want a heated steering wheel, I'm not sure that it really is very common.

Now, that being said, I think that "Need" in this sense means "Option that the Maverick would have to have for you to buy one." and in that case, I can totally see heated steering wheels being a make or break for cold intolerant people living in cold climates. Like the1mrb, my wife has terrible hand circulation and so I'm sure it would be very nice (if we still lived somewhere cold).

FTM1

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RIDGELINE ACURA 3.2 TL
Wow you guys are asking for some goodies.
Even a Base sport model USA spec Ridgeline doesn't have that. That price starts at 36K
The next Trim up gets heated seats standard. The top trims gets heated steering.
Canada spec different
But you have to see what options Escape Bronco Sport have.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Northern ON. And am a snow removal contractor.

it gets plenty cold here. Heated steering wheels snd seats are definitely not a need
I don’t even want them. Have heated seats on my Taco and never turn them on. We don’t wear shorts in the Winter..

either the trucks warmed up before getting in or I “suffer” through a couple minutes after jumping in if need to go quick.

no offence but I hope Ford is not gearing this truck to people who need these types of frills

Last edited:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the key phrasing here, whether you meant it or not, is either let it warm up or suffer. I've spent plenty of time suffering over the years, and I can't bring myself to let my vehicle warm up for 10-15mins before driving off. So I want heated seats. Especially when my commute is only about 10mins.

Do I NEED them? No.
Does anyone NEED them? No.
Is this thread inherently flawed by using the term NEED? Yes.
Are they nice and an option I'll add if I can? Yeah.
Will they be offered as a higher end option on the Maverick? I believe most definitely. I can't think of any vehicle that doesn't have heated seats as an option. Heck, a lot of them they come as standard nowadays. You certainly won't be able to have them on the base trim, especially if they want to stick to the ~$20k mark. So I wouldn't sorry about being forced into having them.
That’s right. Let’s not all forget that the question is about individual needs, nobody’s is the same. Ford is not going to load the base model up... great for those who want that. Ford will also offer lots of packages and options for those that want them. We get nowhere on the forum by criticizing what other folks want or need.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I think the key phrasing here, whether you meant it or not, is either let it warm up or suffer. I've spent plenty of time suffering over the years, and I can't bring myself to let my vehicle warm up for 10-15mins before driving off. So I want heated seats. Especially when my commute is only about 10mins.

Do I NEED them? No.
Does anyone NEED them? No.
Is this thread inherently flawed by using the term NEED? Yes.
Are they nice and an option I'll add if I can? Yeah.
Will they be offered as a higher end option on the Maverick? I believe most definitely. I can't think of any vehicle that doesn't have heated seats as an option. Heck, a lot of them they come as standard nowadays. You certainly won't be able to have them on the base trim, especially if they want to stick to the ~$20k mark. So I wouldn't sorry about being forced into having them.
Do I NEED to edit the title to make the question more clear? :ROFLMAO:

I meant it in the context of 'it's a strong must have in the specs list for you to sign on the dotted line for a brand new Maverick'', but there's also nothing wrong with them offering it as an option only item, that'd be better actually.

But also heated seats are great for keeping pizza warm on the drive home, so yes a need

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree. Everyones needs are different. I just don't get the heated steering wheel and seats thing. I used them a couple of times on an F150 KR and sure they heated up fast but as soon as the cab got warm, which is only a couple of minutes, I was sweating and turned them off.

To each their own. 10 yrs ago I probably would have said power windows and locks wasn't a need. Now it is.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
I want a plug in hybrid truck.

I'm thinking Hyundai might do it with the Santa Cruz first. But a small, basic truck that lets me drive around town on electricity and use gas when I have to leave town is what I (and frankly most people) need. I don't live in a place with good charging infrastructure so an honest plug in hybrid what works for me.
Sponsored