The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I've only had it for a month or so now but there's a few minor features I like and it might not be one people think of unless they've had it as a problem before.

One is the dash texture. It seems to really well reduce glare on the windshield which was pretty awful on the fusion I had before. I know some people get those anti-glare mats but I really don't think it needs it.

Another is the ledge by the window, it's actually pretty comfortable to put your arm on for me at least.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dig it.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've only had it for a month or so now but there's a few minor features I like and it might not be one people think of unless they've had it as a problem before.

One is the dash texture. It seems to really well reduce glare on the windshield which was pretty awful on the fusion I had before. I know some people get those anti-glare mats but I really don't think it needs it.

Another is the ledge by the window, it's actually pretty comfortable to put your arm on for me at least.
Just the other day I had the drivers window open and my arm on the window ledge. Right away I noticed how comfortable it was!

I find the arm rest on the inside of the door very comfortable as well.

Brianx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how about those hood ridges when the sun is high? i get blinded. probably not for long as i tend to not wash & wax my vehicles.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drive a lot of high end cars in my business. Not sure how this dashboard glare missed the manufacturer, worse I've ever seen.

Ford Maverick Thoughtful Features Resized_20170628_112036

Sponsored

OP
OP
The-X

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drive a lot of high end cars in my business. Not sure how this dashboard glare missed the manufacturer, worse I've ever seen.

Resized_20170628_112036.jpeg
The fusions was bad. I barely saw any with the maverick til wventually a little bit of outline of glare feom the middle bump showed and I realized I hadnt been seeing a ton of glare.

I will say i did start putting the friction mounted gps into the maverick for a sun-blocker off that hood. In the morning it was a bit much. I'd debated the matte black sticker for a bit. Overall I like the visibility the maverick has though. The taurus felt like it went on for miles where the mav I can see my corners and know I'm not about to bump something.

My weakness is still knowing where parking lines are but I'll get used to that over time.

But either way I'm finding more features in the maverick that are "ahh thats a good idea" rather than like awkward placement or weird. I like the utilitarian nature of it so far particularly the doors. Doesnt feel like I'm going to rip out the lining if i pull it shut.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've found myself appreciating the extra lighting features in my XLT LUX. The auto high beams work great. The various courtesy lights inside and out just make life easier at night.

I'm definitely not a Maverick super-fanboy, but it has grown on me in little ways over the last year. It's like that comfortable hammer in the toolbox. It's just there and it works. You don't pull out that hammer to wow your friends or anything, but it's always there when you need a hammer.
Sponsored