First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely amazing post! Thank you for not only pioneering this much needed hack, but for taking the time and effort to share your knowledge! Clearly, you are a big reason why so many of us flock to this forum for advice, information, install knowledge, and most importantly, the confidence to do our own modifications. Great work!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can the fog lights be made not to work with

Can the fog lights be made not to work with the automatic lights and only manually turned on with a push of the button on the dash?

Yes thats how they work too. You actually have to turn them on by pressing the fog lamp button

Sponsored

Garyintexas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford f150 Factory Fog Lamps and base. Year i think its from 16 to 2021

20230120_171211.jpg
Love this post! What are the differences between the lights in the photo? What is actually on your Maverick? How did you secure the lights to the bumper?

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow !!! That is some comprehensive explanation of the correct way to install a class looking and functioning fog light setup. I was hoping to do it with a positive and negative wire and a toggle switch. That is the extent of my automotive wiring expertise. I wish you were my neighbor. Thank you so much. You win the award for first class mods. Thank you

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow !!! That is some comprehensive explanation of the correct way to install a class looking and functioning fog light setup. I was hoping to do it with a positive and negative wire and a toggle switch. That is the extent of my automotive wiring expertise. I wish you were my neighbor. Thank you so much. You win the award for first class mods. Thank you
Thank you i am in the process of buying parts to make wire harnesses. For this

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the F-150 Powerboost light switch and now have a working fog light setup on my hybrid.

The switch is a fairly straightforward swap out and in. The wiring side was also pretty simple although WT-1004 turned out to not be the right size. I suspect it's one size smaller (WT-1003?) which I happened to have from saving some other Ford connectors, but I'll be able to measure and confirm when I get back in to work tomorrow.

FORScan settings are mostly self-explanatory. Enter 'Fog' into the search field on the BCM and that will show all of the relevant ones. I did have to set my 'Front Fog Lamp Usage' to 'Fog Light' instead; 'Power Supply' just seemed to have them on all the time initially. You can also set if you want them to stay on alongside High Beams. I also had to go into the IPC (instrument cluster) settings and set 'Fog Lamps Available' to 'Enable' for the dash indicator to work.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, Vtec87pr1 went above and beyond what most of us would do to install the fog lighting. Very professionally done.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the F-150 Powerboost light switch and now have a working fog light setup on my hybrid.

The switch is a fairly straightforward swap out and in. The wiring side was also pretty simple although WT-1004 turned out to not be the right size. I suspect it's one size smaller (WT-1003?) which I happened to have from saving some other Ford connectors, but I'll be able to measure and confirm when I get back in to work tomorrow.

FORScan settings are mostly self-explanatory. Enter 'Fog' into the search field on the BCM and that will show all of the relevant ones. I did have to set my 'Front Fog Lamp Usage' to 'Fog Light' instead; 'Power Supply' just seemed to have them on all the time initially. You can also set if you want them to stay on alongside High Beams. I also had to go into the IPC (instrument cluster) settings and set 'Fog Lamps Available' to 'Enable' for the dash indicator to work.
Thank you for the additional information and guidance regarding this most asked for modification on the Maverick. Some of us would have gladly paid that little bit extra to have Ford make it part of a package or trim version.

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Shame i already bougnt the terminals lol 😆

Glad it worked for you. Very simple indeed.

Terminals i used for the bcm was from a oxygen sensor conector from a e350 lol.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Terminals i used for the bcm was from a oxygen sensor conector from a e350 lol.
The ones I used were from the tank pressure sensor harness leg of a Crown Victoria fuel sender assembly, hah. They were the sort that had a weather seal installed, but those were able to be slipped off.

So I believe it should actually be a DU2Z-14474-DA 1.5mm female terminal or similar.

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)