blackb13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice work! Couldn't you also just ground to the body if you didn't want to mess with the harness near the bumper?

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice work! Couldn't you also just ground to the body if you didn't want to mess with the harness near the bumper?
Ground its not the wires your adding to the bumper conector its power.

I used the same ground for the fog lamps as the sidemarker ground.

mpc999

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone have any question or would like me to make the wiring for you let me know i will gladly help.

How mush would you charge for making the wiring harness? Thanks

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is something not on my foreseeable projects but I must say this is one of the best, most complete tutorials I have ever seen!!
Way to bring it! A++

Sponsored

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is great. Thank you very much for your work. It will save all of us a lot of time. Your OEM approach is very nice and definitely the right approach. (y)

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The real question is if its somehow possible to combine the guts for the foglight center button to make it workable with the hybrid and its extra button for the fuel door.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The real question is if its somehow possible to combine the guts for the foglight center button to make it workable with the hybrid and its extra button for the fuel door.
Why not just use the module from an Escape Hybrid with fog lights? It already exists.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not just use the module from an Escape Hybrid with fog lights? It already exists.
Sure, if you don't mind (and assuming the BCM interprets it properly as) your cargo area lights having the Escape's tailgate open icon.

Ford Maverick F-150 Fog Lamp Switch and Wire Harness Installed in Maverick - DIY 1674333218910

Although I suppose transferring the button face might be easier.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone have any question or would like me to make the wiring for you let me know i will gladly help.
Honestly I'd pay $100-$150 for the wiring and a detailed write up (I know you've got it all there above). The factory switch gear, wiring off the BCM, and the fog light on the dash....well worth it.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, if you don't mind (and assuming the BCM interprets it properly as) your cargo area lights having the Escape's tailgate open icon.

1674333218910.png

Good point.. I'd have to imagine that's an easier thing to work around, though.

Wouldn't a module from an F-150 PowerBoost with fog lamps be the best option, then? Those have the pressurized fuel tank with electronic release, with the fuel door release button below the cargo area light button.

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly I'd pay $100-$150 for the wiring and a detailed write up (I know you've got it all there above). The factory switch gear, wiring off the BCM, and the fog light on the dash....well worth it.
I will have to make a part list first . I will probably send a detail instructions for placing the pins on the bcm conector. And probably making the harness separate from the bumper one if it makes it easy for ppl to install. Before anything i need to ask the admins if im allowed too sell stuff here. And once i tested the system fully i will probably start selling the harness. Because in reality all you need its to make a harness since your bcm should have the pins.

Im not sure on hybrid models though simce mine its an XL Ecoboost.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will have to make a part list first . I will probably send a detail instructions for placing the pins on the bcm conector. And probably making the harness separate from the bumper one if it makes it easy for ppl to install. Before anything i need to ask the admins if im allowed too sell stuff here. And once i tested the system fully i will probably start selling the harness. Because in reality all you need its to make a harness since your bcm should have the pins.

Im not sure on hybrid models though simce mine its an XL Ecoboost.
If all those chips fall into place - I'll be patient zero!

I'll need to come up with something other than your F-150 fogs though as I"ll have the tow hooks with the Tremor but there is plenty of other plastic and spots to work with.

OP
OP
Vtec87pr1

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1674333218910.png

This should work since pins are all the same you should try it and let us know lol i dont have a hybrid to test this and my fuel door its manual
Sponsored