Engine Noise in New Speakers

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Yeah, I am out of town but will post some at the end of the week. I personally think that it made a significant difference in the sound. There are about 10 recesses around the center of the hood, so I cut pieces to fill those. Then I removed the windshield wiper spray hoses and placed full sheets starting in the center of the hood. I basically did two rows, each with 3 full sheets, and 1 sheet was used to cut the shapes to fill the recesses.
I also put kilmat on the front doors and door panels. I reached as much of the inside of the door shell as I could with the speaker out. Each door panel probably got 2 sheets as well.
Close the front door then close the back door and tell me how tempted you are to do the back doors too? 😂😂 (cuz I’m tempted)
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Great idea to put the Kilmat on the hood. I bet it helped a lot. Thanks for the idea.

OP
OP

RabidAntiDentite

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Close the front door then close the back door and tell me how tempted you are to do the back doors too? 😂😂 (cuz I’m tempted)
Haha I will be doing the back doors plus trying to get some on the firewall. I need to get the escape engine cover installed. I am also going to try and order the fender insulation that comes on the lariat

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Haha I will be doing the back doors plus trying to get some on the firewall. I need to get the escape engine cover installed. I am also going to try and order the fender insulation that comes on the lariat
I didn’t realize there was fender insulation on the lariat…. I might have to look into that

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you post a photo of that hood Kilmat treatment?

Sponsored

OP
OP

RabidAntiDentite

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the Kilmat on the hood. I filled in the voids before applying the full sheets.

Ford Maverick Engine Noise in New Speakers 785584BF-8A83-4406-AFE4-C155AC5E7212

Fil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would try these. Audio Control's ac-lgd. Worked great on my F150 and I'm about to put one on my Maverick when I upgrade the stereo. Learned about them from 5 Star Car Audio out there on the you tubes. 🤪

bckrupps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah just a small powered 8” sub under the drivers seat. Amazing that the small grommet let so much noise in. But I think the turbo is on the firewall side of the engine, so it would be close to where that grommet goes.

Which powered subwoofer did you install? When I put my seat covers on I didn't figure any would fit? Do you think it would fit under the passengers seat? I didn't want to fool with installing one in the back.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The harnesses do not always make a great connection. I used to use them in my other cars but trashed them after the same issue.
Sponsored