sk8masta88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was parked waiting around in my mav when I started hearing a noise different from the usual ensemble that happens when she shuts off
I heard very distinct clicking/clipping noises from the rear speakers
I waited to record a video for a bit because I wanted to find the source of the noise
Is something wrong with the speakers? Leftover electricity in the lines? I do not know and am just spitballing, but this was a new phenomenon that I wanted to record and bring to the group
I could not upload the video here, so I put it on YouTube

Sponsored

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
Hoss I couldn't hear anything. Is this one of those sounds old people cant hear?

OP
OP
sk8masta88

sk8masta88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hoss I couldn't hear anything. Is this one of those sounds old people cant hear?
The noise does not linger or build up, it is just a click or clip i do not know how to describe it. It might sound like audio distortion or something is wrong with the audio but that is in fact the speaker making a noise. I would turn up your volume towards the end of the video and listen closely at 0:56-0:57

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I couldn't hear anything that is some sort of clicking, unless it's that obvious noise that kinda sounds like the noise the seats would make while moving in them.

I mean next time at least close the door haha to really identify the sounds

Edit: Wait the loud noise 0:56? That's coming from your speakers? I just assumed that was something along the lines of seatbelt hitting something or palm hitting something, etc.

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
The noise does not linger or build up, it is just a click or clip i do not know how to describe it. It might sound like audio distortion or something is wrong with the audio but that is in fact the speaker making a noise. I would turn up your volume towards the end of the video and listen closely at 0:56-0:57
ok i hear a click there. wonder what it is?

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it the relay clicks? Certain it's coming from the speakers?

Piterpi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the exact same issue...just before the courtesy lights go off...I have a 2022 Lariat...I have no idea what it can be...

Bloodninja14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2023 hybrid Xlt here. I just noticed the same thing happening to my car when I leave the driver door open. Happens every few seconds. When the door is closed it doesn’t happen. I think the Bluetooth connecting to the stereo may be producing the sound. After leaving the door open again it’s not happening.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was parked waiting around in my mav when I started hearing a noise different from the usual ensemble that happens when she shuts off
I heard very distinct clicking/clipping noises from the rear speakers
I waited to record a video for a bit because I wanted to find the source of the noise
Is something wrong with the speakers? Leftover electricity in the lines? I do not know and am just spitballing, but this was a new phenomenon that I wanted to record and bring to the group
I could not upload the video here, so I put it on YouTube

Definitely the same as I had. Sounds like left over electricity, like your car was hit by an electric bolt.. First the crazy noise when you get in, then crackling from the speakers. I shut everything down and it rebooted the infotainment. I do believe that it has something to do with when you start the engine, bluetooth connected to your phone and phone in entertainment mode like Pandora and the radio left on at start. I have only had it when I don't turn off the radio control when getting out, or its left on at startup.
Sponsored