Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
As someone who was young and grouchy the years passing haven’t helped. I’m annoyed by little things and now that I know it’s all fake I’ll have to fix it.
I like my vehicle sounds like I like my ladies, not fake.
As far as running people over please reference the above part about being grouchy. If I run you over I meant to.
Just kidding, don’t get your drawers in a bunch. 🤣
Sponsored

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
See, I'm torn on this one. I REALLY miss the near silence of my old C-Max, but I don't want to be the guy disabling safety devices because it inconveniences me.

Last night I was driving through a parking lot when I noticed a lady closing her car after loading her groceries. She looked like she was going to walk right in front of me with her cart, but then she looked over stopped. Would she have kept going if she didn't hear me?

That said, I found the two speaker feeds where they go through the firewall, behind the glovebox. I was planning on splicing in an inline volume control for a pair of headphones, but now I'm not sure I will.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last night I was driving through a parking lot when I noticed a lady closing her car after loading her groceries. She looked like she was going to walk right in front of me with her cart, but then she looked over stopped. Would she have kept going if she didn't hear me?
Exactly. Lots of smart people came up with the fake sound idea. About 10yrs ago I jumped into a Prius to move it a little bit at 5mph and almost ran someone over because it was too quiet.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already ordered the bypass just waiting for my truck to show up next month I hope 🤞
You are taking on a huge financial risk and could be prosecuted for manslaughter ect if you back over someone and injure or kill someone. Think twice about doing this. If you really hate the sound turn up your radio, it is not that f'ing loud. Enjoy the alien sounds. :alien: Alway wanted my own OSHA beeper.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it would be more fun to pipe some fun cartoon motor noises or something- but be able to switch back to the "boring" stock version.... :D
I want mine to sound like a Harley or maybe an X-Wing or Tie Fighter.

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be nice to be able to change the sound like you can on the Tesla. I would prefer it to sound like an engine just louder if needed versus sounding like we need more cowbell.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just as effective, cheap and replacement parts available at Walmart.
Yes but now you’ll get only 41MPG due to all the friction.

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a rough cut video for educational purposes only. Stock "fake" Hybrid engine sound examples are shown first up to about 3 minutes, then the rest is testing without the fake sound.

Federal law requires Hybrid Vehicles with electric-only operation to make fake engine noise on roadways to alert pedestrians when traveling 19mph or less, or when driving in reverse. This applies to all new vehicles since 2019. Please be safe.

This was purely an educational test to show the difference in sound with and without fake engine noise. Stock and Modified recordings were made on different days, slightly different driving, etc. This is not a scientific test.

Thanks for taking the time you put into this. I haven't driven a hybrid yet but now I know what to expect when mine arrives in a couple of weeks. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not understand? this is a fake engine noise?

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes there’s a company that sells a bypass kit so the computers think there is a speaker connected but it’s not. It’s a resistor that fools the computer into thinking it’s still there.
Ford Maverick [Video] Maverick Hybrid Fake Engine Noise Comparison versus Noise Disabled B9F96486-ED26-4F46-A6C1-B4C82001C8C5

Alto Blues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda Miata, 2020 Ford Escape
I think it would be more fun to pipe some fun cartoon motor noises or something- but be able to switch back to the "boring" stock version.... :D
I totally agree. I can change the ring tones and alert tones on my phone. Why not change the noise tones on my hybrid selecting from my music library.

Think of the fun: Ride of the Valkyries (bom bom bom ba bom, ..), Smoke on the Water (bom bom bom, bom bom ba bom), Hells Bells (Bong, Bong, ...) . There must be so many other ideas.
Sponsored