First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Trim
XL
Yeah, I am out of town but will post some at the end of the week. I personally think that it made a significant difference in the sound. There are about 10 recesses around the center of the hood, so I cut pieces to fill those. Then I removed the windshield wiper spray hoses and placed full sheets starting in the center of the hood. I basically did two rows, each with 3 full sheets, and 1 sheet was used to cut the shapes to fill the recesses.
I also put kilmat on the front doors and door panels. I reached as much of the inside of the door shell as I could with the speaker out. Each door panel probably got 2 sheets as well.
Close the front door then close the back door and tell me how tempted you are to do the back doors too? 😂😂 (cuz I’m tempted)

SgtLip

Lariat
Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Trim
Lariat
Great idea to put the Kilmat on the hood. I bet it helped a lot. Thanks for the idea.

OP
OP

RabidAntiDentite

XLT
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Trim
XLT
Close the front door then close the back door and tell me how tempted you are to do the back doors too? 😂😂 (cuz I’m tempted)
Haha I will be doing the back doors plus trying to get some on the firewall. I need to get the escape engine cover installed. I am also going to try and order the fender insulation that comes on the lariat

BootXL76

XL
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Trim
XL
Haha I will be doing the back doors plus trying to get some on the firewall. I need to get the escape engine cover installed. I am also going to try and order the fender insulation that comes on the lariat
I didn’t realize there was fender insulation on the lariat…. I might have to look into that

Scott Asheville

XLT
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger Single-Cab - XLT Mav on order
Trim
XLT
Can you post a photo of that hood Kilmat treatment?

OP
OP

RabidAntiDentite

XLT
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Trim
XLT
Here is the Kilmat on the hood. I filled in the voids before applying the full sheets.

785584BF-8A83-4406-AFE4-C155AC5E7212.jpeg