First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get the blowup image? A similar one for the 2.0l ecoboost likely exists on a FoMoCo parts site... but where?
tom
repairlink.com
Sponsored

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nearly two months and eleven pages of back and forth, and no one has been able to tell if this has any tangible benefit apart from looking better? With how many times people have added and removed the cover to fiddle with the mounting studs, you'd think that somebody would have been able to notice a difference in acoustics (or not notice! That's important information too!)

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nearly two months and eleven pages of back and forth, and no one has been able to tell if this has any tangible benefit apart from looking better? With how many times people have added and removed the cover to fiddle with the mounting studs, you'd think that somebody would have been able to notice a difference in acoustics (or not notice! That's important information too!)
There is no appreciable acoustic difference that I can tell. Happy?!

Sponsored

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think it really dampens any engine sound, at least in my own opinion. I would say some sort of hood roof liner would be more beneficial if you are wanting to lower the decibels.

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, your Avatar is VW and you haven’t indicated which Mav Trim you are purchasing and you have nothing positive to say, are you just here for the entertainment or are you actually interested in providing constructive contributions?

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, your Avatar is VW and you haven’t indicated which Mav Trim you are purchasing and you have nothing positive to say, are you just here for the entertainment or are you actually interested in providing constructive contributions?
I’ve got a truck on order - Lariat FX4. And yes, I’ve been active in multiple threads trying to help out and collaborate on stuff for the Maverick, which is why threads like this are both necessary and frustrating.

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the engine cover on mine as well and left off the top right stud to allow it to sit flush. I plan to order Ford Part No. AA5Z6N958A from here. I believe this is the correct Engine Cover Stud for this location.

20220104_134942.jpg

AA5Z6N958A.jpg
Thank you for your effort! Please let us know.

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the engine cover on mine as well and left off the top right stud to allow it to sit flush. I plan to order Ford Part No. AA5Z6N958A from here. I believe this is the correct Engine Cover Stud for this location.

20220104_134942.jpg

AA5Z6N958A.jpg
Looks promising. I’ll be ordering one to try it out. Good find!

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It makes the engine bay look cleaner and more finished…that’s enough tangible benefit for me

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like this and will be adding it to my Mav, but not until it actually exists. I thought it was already in production until I realized I had put in the vin for the modules from my F150...That was a sad moment. Already have the tailgate dampener and Maverick stainless steel letters, and protective screen for the, umm screen. Not buying anything else though...but I have it in my cart...

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like this and will be adding it to my Mav, but not until it actually exists. I thought it was already in production until I realized I had put in the vin for the modules from my F150...That was a sad moment. Already have the tailgate dampener and Maverick stainless steel letters, and protective screen for the, umm screen. Not buying anything else though...but I have it in my cart...
No point buying Ford stuff in advance as you get $200 in Ford pass points to spend on parts/accessories and service.

XLent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wheels, damper, letters, engine cover: coming. XL: coming this year I hope

syd-jai

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD/4K/FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
****EDIT****

Using part F2GZ6A957A will lift the drivers side corner up a bit and does not allow the cover to lie flat. I believe that this part is not actually the correct part, but it will still secure the cover so there is no danger of it coming loose. There are pics in this thread that shows what the cover lift looks like if you use this part. I honestly didn't even notice it until people started pointing it out in the thread.

rgunning00 found a part that I currently have on order that may actually be the correct one. That part number is:

Engine Cover Stud - AA5Z6N958A

When I receive the part, If its correct I will update this post and put a new pic in here along with the updated part info. Sorry for any misleading information, it was not my intention.

----------

I finally got all of the parts in and got my engine cover installed on my 2.0L Maverick XLT FX4. I wanted to create a parts list / install photo post so here it is. I think most of this has been covered before, but I know there was some confusion on what parts were needed an where they should be installed, so I hope this clears things up.

----------

I ordered all of my parts from https://www.fhmparts.com/

Parts list:

Engine Cover - K2GZ6A949A
Engine Cover Stud - F2GZ6A957A
Engine Cover Stud - W714647S450B
Lower Track Nut - W520201S450B

Total Price:

$75.88 + $20.05 S/H

----------

I'm not sure if having an engine cover really does anything or not, it seems to be debatable. I think it looks great and I wanted it to "button up" the engine compartment so for me it was more of a personal choice. After I drive it around for a week or so, I can let you guys know if it cuts down on engine noise and what not if requested.

Install was pretty straightforward. I included photos that show part install locations. Hopefully this helps. Cheers.

View attachment 25535
View attachment 25536
View attachment 25538 View attachment 25537
View attachment 25546
View attachment 25540
View attachment 25541
View attachment 25542
View attachment 25543

Just to add, the engine cover fits over W714647S450B (threaded stud) and is secured in place by threading / tightening W520201S450B (lower track nut) on top of it.

Thank you sir!! I had to read 8 pages of junk until somebody finally took the time to post all the part numbers in an easy to read format!! Now I can order the parts and get on with my life!!
Sponsored