First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I completely agree with Ford's failure at spotting their real buying Demographic. Their supposed target audience is the type that looks down with disdain on anyone with a truck and their choice of words here is spot on.

Also note that the person writing this review probably never drove a truck or towed anything in their life.

Last edited:

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just reading the comments here I can already tell the author of the article is a moron….. never had a truck in my life and the maverick is the first pickup I ever considered buying…. and I’m a “millennial” lol

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reviews like this one get me riled up. For a truck (hybrid) that is already sold out for model year '22 to be criticized as "it’s clear there isn’t overwhelming enthusiasm" just shows the stupidity of the author.
While I'll read anything and everything Maverick, I put more significantly more faith in the reviews of actual owners/drivers than someone who was given a test vehicle from Ford for a day/weekend. But when it comes down to numbers and dollars...... I don't see ANYTHING in the same league as the Hybrid Maverick (the lower priced models at least.) I've been extremely happy with my 2014 Kia Soul.....it's done me right, but now that I needed another car, there's very few options in the low to mid 20k range, and none as functional as a crew cab pickup that gets 40mpg.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is safe to assume that author has not likely had no experience with a Maverick and has not attempted to purchase one. I would not consider that article a review. Who allowed this?

C8C9866E-12DF-46DC-84F0-EAC44E77ADAB.gif
Those are the best I have ever seen! Well done Maynard!

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah that review is 🐂💩. One reason I purchased this truck was the video reviews. Even skeptical reviewers were smiling after a test drive. After I had my own test drive and the same look on my face, I made the buy decision. This reviewer clearly has never driven the truck.

Last edited:

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Probably one of the misguided asshats who bought a lesser vehicle at a higher price and now suffers from buyers remorse. Awwww poor poor you, my Maverick is now even worth more than I paid for it. And the masses would line up around the block to buy it from me if I flipped it.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
unintelligent review from this website showed up on yahoo
Link to other reviews by Steven Symes:
https://www.insidercarnews.com/author/stevensymes/

Steven Symes - the author, has proved anyone can review cars & trucks. He's entitled to his own opinion but little or no research or common sense applies to his article about the Maverick. Question - if the orders were so low then why did Ford put a deadline on orders for the Hybrid? If Steven knew that auto manufacturing across the globe have been dealing with a Chip Shortage, among other significant problems he would see why Ford had to make a tough decision. Yet still the Maverick got orders -- and quite a few that he failed to mentioned. Most all sales were pretty much word of mouth because there are no brochures in the dealerships and virtually no advertisement. Most of us ordered a virtual truck because it was pretty much what we were looking for. Now that we've seen some real life photos and multiple reviews that have praised the Maverick, I think most will agree the Maverick is anything but a disappointment!

There Steven, you got your name in bold print, just what you wanted!

Last edited:

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They keep deleting comments as well. Must be author himself. Doesn't like being proven wrong.

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He must doesn't have a Clue about All that's waiting to get one (back order so to speak).. I agree with the above poster , many didn't even see or heard of a Maverick commercial or knew they were selling such as far as advertisement goes... I Showed my coworker (who just bought a used Ranger) my congratulations order email... He said what's that?.... A Maverick... from who?.......Ford.....
how much about $30-$35K?... .... Nope starts out at $19995:oops:..........He said NO WAY there is No new Truck for that price... I kept showing him he said If I would have known that I would have bought that instead of the Ranger I bought...Then I told him about the MPG.. blew his mind
Envy is still Green:LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited: