Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is just a typical journalistic tactic, contrarian editorializing with plenty of lazy and inaccurate exposition. It’s very common in today blogging and news feeds to take what is commonly known and go against it. “Earth is flat.” You only give him and his advertisers what they want, “Clicks”.

Sponsored

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granted we're in a feedback loop here on this site, but I think they missed it on it's popularity. I do not get whipped up over a new car reveal, but this one spoke to my economical nature and, if I wasn't so cheap I'd bet that my opinion is in the majority not the minority.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the part where he cites sales numbers, without context, as evidence the Maverick is a flop.
Or for example that number coming after 60 days of sales and still beating the total Santa Cruz units sold in a period twice as long? (and that, despite the Hybrid oktb meaning many Hybrids built waiting delivery...).

Dumb doesn't even start!

WTF is motorious anyway? The author just basically comments on garbage and random internet things on a specific website instead of reddit or a forum. I hope they don't pay him for that.

2 minutes into the site and it is clearly just a jalopnik wannabe site with random garbage posts added by a guy, his wife and a friend. Move along.

Last edited:

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
It is safe to assume that author has not likely had no experience with a Maverick and has not attempted to purchase one. I would not consider that article a review. Who allowed this?

Ford Maverick Dumbest review of the day from Motorious.com C8C9866E-12DF-46DC-84F0-EAC44E77ADAB

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
this guy must be doing this for attention or clicks- because he sure never attempted a real review or test drive even :sleep:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...-car-reveal-of-the-year/ar-AASfdbV?li=BBnbfcL

There was some stiff competition, but one stood out from all the rest…
Every year, automakers try to whip up all kinds of buzz about the reveal of a new model. Sometimes the hype is justified, however other times the buildup leads to a huge letdown. Out of all the anticipated reveals this year, we found the all-new Ford Maverick to be the most disappointing. With the return of a storied nameplate and the prospect of Ford launching an alternative to the Ranger, we were intrigued before the launch, although cautiously so. It turns out that caution was wise.

Upon its reveal, it was immediate clear the new Maverick was a stinker. The marketing focused on young urbanites, the exact kind of people who probably look with disdain at anyone who owns a pickup truck. Ford probably felt that group would gravitate to the unibody Maverick, but they haven’t rallied around the Honda Ridgeline and probably won’t be all over the Hyundai Santa Cruz, so that’s pretty much a pipe dream.

Compared to the Ridgeline and Santa Cruz, the Maverick has the worst payload rating at 1,564 lbs. that’s about 200 lbs. more than the 2021 Toyota Sienna minivan, which is pathetic. When it comes to towing, the Maverick can only manage 2,000 lbs. If you add the Towing Package, the turbo-four model can pull a maximum 4,000 lbs. which is still pathetic. Once again, the Ridgeline and Santa Cruz surpass that.

For some, the prospect of small pickup trucks returning is an exciting thing. After all, the smaller trucks from the 80s and 90s were easier to maneuver, fit in tight parking spots, got superior fuel economy, and were cheaper to maintain. Not everyone wants a full-size truck or even a midsize like the Ranger, Tacoma, etc. Even if we personally aren’t interested in such a thing, some of us have owned compact trucks and understand their place in the market. However, they should be fairly utilitarian despite their smaller size

Consumers don’t seem to be responding well to the Maverick. Through the end of November, sales totaled just 7,228 for the year. Granted, the truck launched halfway through the year, but with 2,582 sales coming in November, it’s clear there isn’t overwhelming enthusiasm about the pickup. We doubt there will be, unless Ford redesigns it from the ground up.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fake News

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just goes to show that everyone has an opinion, some just disguise theirs as journalism, news, etc.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stopped at yahoo