WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't do all that much driving anymore. Slightly shy of three weeks after taking ownership and now with around 60 miles total on the road, a few minor eccentricities which fall into the 'will eventually learn to live with it but would it were otherwise' category:

1) Headlight switch defaults to Auto setting with each start cycle.
2) Rear cab window tint a tad too dark for my taste. Even at high noon in broad daylight, when I glance at the rear view mirror everything outside looks as if it is dusk.
3) Touch screen turning fully off is on a delay when engine shut off and key removed until I either open the door or until X amount of time elapses. Much prefer the positive feedback of everything shutting down simultaneous with ignition off and subsequent key removal.
4) Appearance of the Press OK alerts on instrument cluster when starting the engine ought to provide an option to be able to shut them off altogether or at the least self-disappear quickly.
5) Eco mode (in my book) should require one button press to move to it from Normal rather than four.
6) Mechanism to lock/unlock tailgate is finicky and key has to be inserted "just so." Expect over time that will pass as use provides more play for insertion.
7) Downhill incline light on instrument panel super sensitive, lighting when traveling on a grade as minuscule as the far side of a speed hump.
8) Compass direction the nose is pointed showing on instrument panel an unnecessary frill.

Other side of the coin: pre-delivery (minor) concerns which have come to naught.

1) Quiet, quiet, quiet ride inside the cab
2) Stock audio system not high-end but more than adequate.
3) Touch screen too bright for my taste as delivered, dimmed it down to be less of a distraction.
4) Doors close with a satisfying solidity, zero window shimmying visible or audible.
5) Find the gentle thrum sound when traveling at low speeds strangely soothing. For all intents and purposes, hear it only when a window is open.
6) Optional setting in instrument cluster to unlock all doors with a single press of the fob rather than it unlocking just the driver's door much appreciated.
7) Rear headrests barely impede view out the back in rear view mirror, they're hardly noticeable at all.
8) Electric to ICE and ICE to electric transition is seamless as a spray-on unitard.

Post-delivery add-on: Magnet holding firmly in place on the DIY unwired bed lighting solution cobbled up (see here).

'Tis a zippy little bugger, so smooth on everyday acceleration I find myself inadvertently in excess of the speed limit (max on the entire island is 55 and that for only a smattering of miles) and needing to rein it in.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, one more thing. Picked up the license plates (as well as the FITSmas gift box) from the dealership on that same day. Three letters, three numbers on the plates.

Letters are LMH. Presuming M would stand for Maverick, soliciting light-hearted suggestions on what the others should stand for.

:geek:

Last edited: