First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently the max speed you can go in a Mav is 108. I wouldn't know as I have only had it in the 70's a couple of times but I haven't done much highway driving because the I-5 is to be avoided at all costs. I do plan to drive it down to Texas soon so ill see how it does on long highway stretches. Looking forward to it!
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
My experience is that my mpgs dropped from 45 MPG down to 36 MPG at sustained speeds at 80

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been wondering for awhile what folks experience is with the Maverick over 80 mph. I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I occasionally drive at high speeds. It seems to me, that my Maverick hybrid is not really stable at those speeds. Is it my truck? Am I asking for too much or should I just slow down? Inquiring minds want to know.
i have a lariat /hybrid and it is super smooth at 90 mph feels like 70 it is very smooth and powerfull!!!!!

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only issue I have that the speed limiter prevents you from going over 109 mph!! Otherwise it’s stable and the AWD with traction control makes the driving experience feel safe..
update: on stock XL steels and without the limiter I believe it will be close to 140 mph on the top speed

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try 108 in a SlingShot that is so low that you can lean a bit and polish you nails on the pavement. What a rush.
Then, I get in my RAV4 with the little State Farm Insurance tracking box.
Two different vehicles with two different philosophies and two different reasons for a spot in my garage.

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience is that my mpgs dropped from 45 MPG down to 36 MPG at sustained speeds at 80
First time hybrid owner here, approaching 10,000 miles on the odometer.
I tried the 80+ MPH thing a time or two myself, but the mileage goes to crap and I keep hearing Scotty bitch about what I'm doing to the dilithium crystals.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a truck, not a sports car.
Exactly. That is why I have to scratch my noggin everytime I hear folks wanting the ST Package. This is an entry level truck. It may not look it necessarily thanx to the Ford designers but she ain't no sports car or sports sedan.

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the AWD 2.0. I’m trying to figure out how to not drive fast….
:rolleyes:...me too. My 2.0 EB AWS scoots and is fun zipping around in. I keep thinking
the 'coffee grinder' sounds coming out of the engine are because of this and not
normal for the design of this little direct injected engine. Other than the engine
noise - I love my Mav...

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the XLT hybrid and have over 10,000 miles. I enjoy driving it too much ;). I don't drive it much over 70 but it gets there quick! It must have something to do with not shifting gears or something?
I'll take the over 40 mpg over the over 80 mph. I've had it there, and it felt very safe, but prefer the gas mileage.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eco AWD. When I was driving home from the dealer I went to pass someone on the highway. Traffic was running at about 60mph and when I checked my speed right after the pass it was 95 mph and I hardly noticed a difference.

The handling is fairly tight at all speeds which was kind of a surprise. The ride quality overall is better than expected except it's a bit noisier and a little busier on local crappy roads. Good highways are fine.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues with my AWD.
Same with me. Itll cruise at 90 with no issues or drop in fuel economy. Humms at like 2200 rpm. Steering feedback is fine, etc.

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid Lariet Delux, the smooth CVT and power from the electric torque have surprised me more than once. Any time I am lined up on the on ramp for a controled access to the Highway (manages volume during rush hour) I can't resist punching the gas to get ahead of the other cars when the light goes green. I always beat the others off the line and generaly need to slow down to merge into traffic because I am doing close to 80 by the end of the ramp (100-200 yards). I have never owned a sports car and have only driven a few so my expectations are not high. However, this truck has all the power I need even when doing 70+ up hill for miles at a 5-7 percent grade climbing from 6 to 10+ thousand feet altitude in CO.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have found that I have slowed down driving the Maverick. I came from a Subaru Forester with the boxer engine that just begged to be revved and an all wheel drive tuned to get you through the curves quick and securely

The Maverick is a little different. It is ultra elegant slipping through the neighborhood on electric only. Stately going around curve with it's higher center of gravity. Effortlessly, accelerating to pass other cars or accelerating on the ramp to the highway. Getting progressively louder as your speed climbs, but always with lots of peddle left if you need to go faster. The copilot 360 helping with the steering. I just relax and take more time.
Didnt that underpowered boxer have a cvt? 😂 or did you have a fancy trim that had better than the 2.5 lol

edit: in hindsight i see now you have a cvt mav too lol so i see the comp now. Still. Its an interesting description of a forester