First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just sucked oil thru dip stick tube using plastic tubing mated to suction gun sample bottle. Mailed off sample to Blackstone. 977 miles since new on this Maverick.

considering first oil change, want to see sample analysis, how bad, quantity of metals.

if low contamination, and oil checks good, might go another 900 miles on the factory oil.
Sponsored

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Huge difference because the Internal Combustion Engine in the Hybrid doesn't run nearly as much as in an ecoboost. Per the EV Coach in my Hybrid, the ICE is running about half the time during my driving, consisting of mostly under 40 + stop & go driving.

Exception would be cases where almost all of a Hybrid's miles are highway.

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just sucked oil thru dip stick tube using plastic tubing mated to suction gun sample bottle. Mailed off sample to Blackstone. 977 miles since new on this Maverick.

considering first oil change, want to see sample analysis, how bad, quantity of metals.

if low contamination, and oil checks good, might go another 900 miles on the factory oil.
I did the $35 Blackstone, also. Unfortunately, with all of the test elements, it didn't provide the one thing I was interested in: HOW MUCH LIFE WAS LEFT ON THE OIL. Apparently, my engine is too new for this test, as I was on my first oil change, with only 1,500 miles on this oil (3,000 miles on the engine). A credit to Blackstone, they provide a lot of poop for the $35. Just for the halibut, I might try them again after 10,000 miles, if I live that long.

Sponsored

turbobill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD/Hot Pepper Red, 4K tow, and others.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never done an oil an analysis on a new vehicle but I have always done the first oil change within 100 to 500 miles. One thing I noticed in all of them was the wear metal floating around and apparently passing through the oil filter.

On one such change the oil looked like metallic paint under a light. On another change I let the oil sit for over a year and the bottom of the container was covered with fine gray wear metals.

OP
OP
CajunMick

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appreciate the reply. I am waiting to see what the analysis reveals. Expect some metals and maybe silicone from the gasket, sealant.
In my younger days did engine rebuilds, piston rings, hone cylinders, bearings changes and heads jobs. Most of the new rings were cast type, although some chrome. The harder chrome tends to not wear as fast as cast types, and would cut into cylinder walls.

Will see what happens!
Sponsored