Sponsored

Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack?

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
I want to haul my kayaks with my maverick but they are 10 and 12 feet long. I want to be able to use a bed rack and possibly a roof rack.

Is there a place to install a roof rack under the black moulding?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have seen one person pull up the plastic and look at it but to my knowledge no one has done anything to it yet. Im thinking pull the plastic, weld in 4 plates with a couple nuts welded to em. Then drill holes in the plastic that the nuts poke through. Make some rubber gaskets to seal up the hole. Then Im sure a there is a rack out there that has feet that can mount to the plate/nuts.

Ford Maverick Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack? id=OP.EQMQKr7ODMwxmA474C474&w=272&h=272&o=5&pid=21

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
How did you install that? Is it a bolt in or something? Honestly I like that one better than using a roof rack and bed rack.

I was a little concerned that the 12' vibe wouldn't have enough support but I think with that rack it would work just fine.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Plenty of bed mounted options. Never saw a pickup with roof rails. They are always mounted to the bed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
Plenty of bed mounted options. Never saw a pickup with roof rails. They are always mounted to the bed.
I have seen it but it's not common. I think they use some of the same mounting points to install overhead lights and such.
With the small bed I was not sure a smaller bed rack would work with the longer kayak but as someone posted above with a 15' kayak I think it would work just fine.

Although I've never installed a bed rack before anyone know how they are usually installed on these smaller trucks.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is mounted on TS rails that come with it. They use clamps to attach it to the bed. I bought the combination of the PRO X15 tonneau and the racks and it took all of an 1:30-2:00 hrs to put them on by myself.

The racks can be removed by loosening a few bolts that let it slide out of the rails.

Very nice setup and really like the quality and look.

Here’s a shot of it with two WW kayaks and a WW canoe. It could Cary as many as six kayaks on their sides with use of a center mounted set of standards.
Ford Maverick Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack? 9A2CFFE2-507E-455C-B519-085A238B05B9

Ford Maverick Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack? 57411DBE-35DB-4FAA-BA99-72F571B9C304

I posted several times last year about this setup if you want or need more details.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep an eye out for Front Runner - here's a guy doing some prototyping:

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have seen it but it's not common. I think they use some of the same mounting points to install overhead lights and such.
With the small bed I was not sure a smaller bed rack would work with the longer kayak but as someone posted above with a 15' kayak I think it would work just fine.

Although I've never installed a bed rack before anyone know how they are usually installed on these smaller trucks.
No pickups include any provision for mounting crossbars on a roof that I am aware of, nor would it be wise to do your own. You are just inviting potential leaks and structural issues. SUV's that have these were designed to have them. There are clamp on light bar mounts, that clamp on to the sides of a truck roof. They are not designed for carrying weight though, just the 20# or 30# light bar. Virtually all people who carry things above a truck use a bed mounted rack, (like a ladder rack) and some extend over the cab. A GFC camper can do what you are looking for, and give you a place to sleep and keep gear.

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are roof racks that carry weight from a number of companies . I have Yakima roof rack that clamps onto the roof /door edges that carried my aluminum row boat and canoe all over the country . bought it for my f150 and it fits the same way on the maverick ( adjusted the width ) . a locking mechanism can be added so rack cannot be removed without the key . I have this option on mine . I like it because it is removable so only mount when needed .

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a repost my setup for a 16 foot boat. I have used it for a season with no problems. The front crossbars are mounted on Yakima landing pads rivnutted to the roof inside the black trim piece There are cross members under the roof to give it support. Mount the pads or a track into them. The track has an air bag under it. The crossbars are removable with a simple lever function on the tower. I have used J bars on the roof rack alone but bow and stern lines may be prudent. All the crossbars aligned to be level and used as a ladder rack but Boats are all cambered and can only sit on two bars.

If there is problem it is that the plastic cap on the bed sides is plastic and will deform under heavy loads. I only found this out by someone riding in the back and hanging on bed rail as a chase rack.

Ford Maverick Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack? TimePhoto_20220417_150021

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking for a good way to carry my 17 foot wood kayak I just finished putting together as well. I don't want to get it all scratched / dinged up while putting it on my Elevate rack.

I'm looking at the Thule Hullavator ( https://www.thule.com/en-us/winter-...yak-roof-racks/thule-hullavator-pro-_-1685448 ) which is going for $720 now. This would make it easier for me to lift my 40 lbs(ish) kayak which is kind of awkward to pickup by myself.

Also, I don't want to get roof rack. I may get a hitch that will act as elevated rack to give me more support for the kayak. Looking for thoughts & ideas.

Ford Maverick Does the Maverick have mount points to install a roof rack? kayak

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
go to etrailer website and enter your year/make/model and select rook racks. They have options from Yakima, Thule and Rhino for the cab and also bed racks. Detailed videos on how to install, etc. Harbor Freight has $299 aluminum bed towers also.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the Nissan Frontier stop offering a roof rack? I had one on my '04 thought it was great.
Sponsored