tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I do, don't use it much but here's my write up. For a 12 footer, you'd prolly want to pair the roof rack with a vertical hitch rack. Might work fine without the hitch rack too. I use the "paw" rack for my big Thule box occasionally. Just gotta re-tighten it of you put a bunch of weight on it. It does the job but clearly it's just a cheap plastic rack. The bars look and sound like airplane wings. They are aerodynamic at least. For the inflatable paddleboard, I typically throw that in the bed, inflated or deflated. So my use-case is pretty limited with this roof rack.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/roof-rack-recommendations.30511/post-571326

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I do, don't use it much but here's my write up. For a 12 footer, you'd prolly want to pair the roof rack with a vertical hitch rack. Might work fine without the hitch rack too. I use the "paw" rack for my big Thule box occasionally. Just gotta re-tighten it of you put a bunch of weight on it. It does the job but clearly it's just a cheap plastic rack. The bars look and sound like airplane wings. They are aerodynamic at least. For the inflatable paddleboard, I typically throw that in the bed, inflated or deflated. So my use-case is pretty limited with this roof rack.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/roof-rack-recommendations.30511/post-571326
Sounds like they are meh and you get what you pay for? Maybe I will look at craigslist yakiama setups lol

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The fact that the site says they're for model years 2020 and up is a bit telling of quality imo lol.

OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The fact that the site says they're for model years 2020 and up is a bit telling of quality imo lol.
Lol yeah that's true but for 200 they probably have 1 IT guy kept busy

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those will probably deform your roof and might rip off with any "lift" from the gear on top. Spend the $ and get a proper set of ladder racks for the bed.
Sponsored