Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, I also have a kayak and wanting a good way to haul it. I like your set up, I’m think though of going with the Yakima overhaul HD. I like that you can remove the system when not using
Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello, I also have a kayak and wanting a good way to haul it. I like your set up, I’m think though of going with the Yakima overhaul HD. I like that you can remove the system when not using
Exactly! I have the hybrid so it's my daily economical driver (43 mpg avg after 4k+ miles). I'm trying to configure the most versatile setup that I can. I want to maintain a secure truck bed for gear (metal roll-up tonneau) / bed rack combo so as to carry an ikamper mini while also carrying my kayak on the roof rack / LongArm.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the awning setup!

Anego25

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the Yakima Roof Rack/Crossbar System and Retractable Awning installed on the Mav the other day. Can't wait to try this out at the trailheads this summer!

Setting up the awning is definitely a two-person job. Nothing complicated, but it's pretty cumbersome.

Aesthetically, I really like the extra pop of black. I'm not a huge fan of how monochrome everything is with the Lariat package, so this breaks it up a bit. The extra wind noise is noticeable if you have the sunroof or windows open, but barely noticeable with everything closed up.

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

I’ve been considering the same accessory. What is the clearance height under the awning?? I’m 6’2” and I was wondering if I could stand underneath it comfortably…

OP
OP
SM2535

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure the exact height, but I don't think it's much more than 6', to be honest.

Sponsored

Anego25

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure the exact height, but I don't think it's much more than 6', to be honest.
I was afraid of that. I figured I wouldn’t be able to stand underneath it. But still cool accessory.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this up! I’ve got a LTS Alto Blue that I’m picking up later next week and I’ve been debating the roof rack. We do a lot of skiing and my precious Cherokee had yakimas. I loved them.

I wasn’t sure if would be okay with the clips (I wish they’d have offered rails) but it actually looks really nice! Plus, I’m wondering if the dark Alto Blue will blend it in anyways.

I wanted to put a solid cover on the back and hadn’t really seen anything yet that was both low profile and would allow the panels to fold back.

I think this may be the better option!

Any noticeable reduction in your MPGs?
I put the Elevate TS Rails on my XLT/4FX with Yakima LP1 and Skyline Towers, then put my round bars on the Skylines. I'm getting an Inno BRM660BK Wedge cargo box. I ski a lot as well ski patrol and teach OET for the patrol.
I wanted the box lower to the ground because I don't want to climb to get my skies and Poles.
Can't fold the Tonneau back with the bars on.

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install IMG_2608.JPG
Sponsored