SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the Yakima Roof Rack/Crossbar System and Retractable Awning installed on the Mav the other day. Can't wait to try this out at the trailheads this summer!

Setting up the awning is definitely a two-person job. Nothing complicated, but it's pretty cumbersome.

Aesthetically, I really like the extra pop of black. I'm not a huge fan of how monochrome everything is with the Lariat package, so this breaks it up a bit. The extra wind noise is noticeable if you have the sunroof or windows open, but barely noticeable with everything closed up.

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install image0

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install image2

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install image1

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install image4
Sponsored

beanthedm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this up! I’ve got a LTS Alto Blue that I’m picking up later next week and I’ve been debating the roof rack. We do a lot of skiing and my precious Cherokee had yakimas. I loved them.

I wasn’t sure if would be okay with the clips (I wish they’d have offered rails) but it actually looks really nice! Plus, I’m wondering if the dark Alto Blue will blend it in anyways.

I wanted to put a solid cover on the back and hadn’t really seen anything yet that was both low profile and would allow the panels to fold back.

I think this may be the better option!

Any noticeable reduction in your MPGs?

OP
OP
SM2535

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting this up! I’ve got a LTS Alto Blue that I’m picking up later next week and I’ve been debating the roof rack. We do a lot of skiing and my precious Cherokee had yakimas. I loved them.

I wasn’t sure if would be okay with the clips (I wish they’d have offered rails) but it actually looks really nice! Plus, I’m wondering if the dark Alto Blue will blend it in anyways.

I wanted to put a solid cover on the back and hadn’t really seen anything yet that was both low profile and would allow the panels to fold back.

No decrease in MPGs whatsoever. The most noticeable thing is the extra wind noise, but again, you really only hear that if you have the sunroof or windows open.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
To the OP...is this Yakima system easy to remove from the truck? Or is this one of those put it on and leave it features? Not sure if I want the rails on the truck all year when I would only use it for all our snowboards.

This is really my first truck...I've always been an import guy. So all these new toys are super exciting to be able to use and add to MY vehicle. So this is all new to me.

Thanks!

OP
OP
SM2535

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To the OP...is this Yakima system easy to remove from the truck? Or is this one of those put it on and leave it features? Not sure if I want the rails on the truck all year when I would only use it for all our snowboards.

This is really my first truck...I've always been an import guy. So all these new toys are super exciting to be able to use and add to MY vehicle. So this is all new to me.

Thanks!
Not sure about the system as a whole. I just assumed I'd leave the racks on all year long, and just put the awning on when I'm going to use it.

Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For comparison I just finished having the Roof Rails installed along with the Yakima SkyLine system and 60" JetStream Cross bars. Not that I doubt the clip on versions, I just wanted a more permanent hard mounted solution with the Initial use goal to carry my Hobie Outback. I will eventually compliment this with the Yakima HD bed rack / tonneau combo (hopefully) in the near future, but until then I'll use the Yakima LongArm.

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack Lt Side

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack Rear

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack Roof Rear

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack Rail Lt Side

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack close up -1

Ford Maverick Yakima Roof Rack & Awning Install Rack close up -2

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For comparison I just finished having the Roof Rails installed along with the Yakima SkyLine system and 60" JetStream Cross bars. Not that I doubt the clip on versions, I just wanted a more permanent hard mounted solution with the Initial use goal to carry my Hobie Outback. I will eventually compliment this with the Yakima HD bed rack / tonneau combo (hopefully) in the near future, but until then I'll use the Yakima LongArm.
This looks great!! Please keep us posted when you get the Yakima HD bed rack. I'm most curious if the roof rails will be level with the bed rails. If it works out well, I think this is the best setup for long items as long as the weight over the roof isn't excessive.

beanthedm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks fantastic! If you don’t mind me asking, what are the rails you’re using? Did you do the install yourself? I was under the impression you had to drop the interior headliner for that sort of thing.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That looks fantastic! If you don’t mind me asking, what are the rails you’re using? Did you do the install yourself? I was under the impression you had to drop the interior headliner for that sort of thing.
Thanks, I posted a little more detail in one of the other forums, but I had them installed by "Rack Attack" in Tustin CA. The entire job including aligning the roof rack to the Yakima LongArm took about 3 hours. This style roof racks have a road spec of ~220lbs. vs the clip on at ~165lbs. My installer and I discussed the different mounting options, but we both agreed to drill into the top of roof with rivet nuts. A positive note, my installer was very pleased that Ford's roof was very well built/solid and thicker than most he's drilled into.

jdrath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rack Lt Side.jpg

Rack Rear.jpg

Rack Roof Rear.jpg

Rack Rail Lt Side.jpg

Rack close up -1.jpg

Rack close up -2.jpg
How much did this full set up run?

Sponsored

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How much did this full set up run?
Everything that you see (including Kayak Pads for all 3 crass bars, SKS Locks x4 & Hitch Lock) was ~ $1,000.00 so basically all parts / hardware. They did give me military discounts, so that saved me nearly $200. Installation was $300, so grand total was $1300.00.

Seems like a lot, but Yakima stuff is just that unfortunately; as well as, back ordered with long lead times (supply chain issues)!

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No decrease in MPGs whatsoever. The most noticeable thing is the extra wind noise, but again, you really only hear that if you have the sunroof or windows open.
Is that awning the Yakima Slim Shady?
I have one from a previous vehicle that I think should fit the Mav crossbars well.

OP
OP
SM2535

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that awning the Yakima Slim Shady?
I have one from a previous vehicle that I think should fit the Mav crossbars well.
Yup, sure is!

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I posted a little more detail in one of the other forums, but I had them installed by "Rack Attack" in Tustin CA. The entire job including aligning the roof rack to the Yakima LongArm took about 3 hours. This style roof racks have a road spec of ~220lbs. vs the clip on at ~165lbs. My installer and I discussed the different mounting options, but we both agreed to drill into the top of roof with rivet nuts. A positive note, my installer was very pleased that Ford's roof was very well built/solid and thicker than most he's drilled into.
This roof mount look great! Does the roof rack follow the roof line (edges)? How many holes did they have to drill to mount the roof rack and did they prep the drilled holes when they were finished....I worry about it rusting down the road.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This roof mount look great! Does the roof rack follow the roof line (edges)? How many holes did they have to drill to mount the roof rack and did they prep the drilled holes when they were finished....I worry about it rusting down the road.
The pictures show how the track is lay down to maintain equal distance front to back. I chose to have this professionally done by experienced rack installers b/c I insisted on having long term reliability / ruggedness. I believe they drilled (4) per side...
Sponsored