Sponsored

Does Ford Motor Company really contact us to discuss problems they see posted on this forum?

blu23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '13 Escape, '22 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a temporary problem with the sound system on our '22 XLT EB and I posted my story to see if the problem was only mine or if others had encountered it. The posting is "Ghost in the machine?" in a sub forum here. I checked for any more comments and found a reply supposedly from Ford. Is this for real? I was asked to PM my VIN and dealership info so the problem could be looked into further. I'm very hesitant to do that. Hackers, spies, Israeli space lasers, etc. Has Ford done this with others on this forum?
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a temporary problem with the sound system on our '22 XLT EB and I posted my story to see if the problem was only mine or if others had encountered it. The posting is "Ghost in the machine?" in a sub forum here. I checked for any more comments and found a reply supposedly from Ford. Is this for real? I was asked to PM my VIN and dealership info so the problem could be looked into further. I'm very hesitant to do that. Hackers, spies, Israeli space lasers, etc. Has Ford done this with others on this forum?
Israeli space lasers?

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen the same on other fourms before, specifically "Jeep Cares" on a Renegade fourm. I wouldn't worry about it. If your skeptical then that's fine. No harm in being cautious with your information in a public setting but aren't they just asking for a VIN# and a contact? I checked their profile and it's an active one. Personally I suspect nothing wrong. Maybe if you check their profile it'd set your mind at ease.

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, in fact it's most of what they post.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be interference from your tin-foil hat? Just kidding.....

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, the Ford account on here is "really" Ford. Folks have had mixed results with getting a resolution after contacting them/sending them a message. From what I have seen, they essentially just create a trouble ticket for you in the Ford support system and then that is the end of their involvement. Whether or not someone at Ford resolves the issue or follows up with you at all is a totally different matter. Some folks have reported being given a support ticket number and then never heard anything ever again from anyone at Ford.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If their screen name is Ford Motor Company and the have a blue Ford logo, it's legit.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They don’t act legit… want everything about you, when a vin will do. Got a truck with less info required. And service dept only needed the phone I called them with. Highly suspicious

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't speak to others' problems, but when I've contacted Ford directly (over the years) I've found them to be remarkably responsive. Like, a big company like Ford, I actually talked to a guy who could actually give me an answer?? Those moments are gold

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They take down your info and give you a case number, but their job in here isn't to follow up with you.

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The details they ask you for, such as your VIN and purchasing dealer are public information. The VIN is etched in multiple places on the truck, and is visible underneath the windshield, or nearby.

The Ford account here is mostly just a low-level account to "open a case" (whatever that means, never really fully answered) with Ford corporate. I haven't seen much of any good come from it, or harm.

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was contacted by Ford Motor Company. I was given a ticket number, contact name, phone number with extension when check engine light came on four times in the first three weeks of ownership. I verified all numbers and name on the original phone call. When I called to give up-date on the status, Ford Motor Company phone tree stated that extension does not exist.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had to contact Ford on a few occasions.
The forum accounts are like the customer service routers where I work: They create the ticket and send it off. They don't handle the communications on the issue. Someone else may reach out if it's serious enough. I would keep that in mind: its an account to submit frustrations and such, but they hand it off to someone else to actually handle the issue.

In the one case I had that was serious, someone called me back within a few hours and they went above and beyond to make sure it was handled well beyond my satisfaction. Compared to a friend's experience with the "spontaneous barbecue battery" issue in a vehicle he had and how the manufacturer argued, dodged, and basically made it painful to get them to own the issue when it was very public regarding a recall of the same thing, all I can say is... Customer Service wise, Ford is far beyond at least one competitor.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes they are legit. I have been in contact with them twice, first time was a little rough but they finally came through and helped out a lot. I am in contact with them now and they are working on helping again.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The details they ask you for, such as your VIN and purchasing dealer are public information. The VIN is etched in multiple places on the truck, and is visible underneath the windshield, or nearby.

The Ford account here is mostly just a low-level account to "open a case" (whatever that means, never really fully answered) with Ford corporate. I haven't seen much of any good come from it, or harm.
Interesting answer, are you Cozy Bear, or Fancy Bear?
Sponsored