Sponsored

Does anyone else want front tow hooks on their Maverick?

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m ordered my Wife an XLT AWD with The Luxury Package, Ford360 and a bunch of other stuff BUT we live in snow country and I like having front tow hooks (they’re on my F-150 STX and other 150’s and Jeep Wranglers I’ve owned ). I’m sure we can get them but it looks like you need to cut the front bumper to do it and that’s not going to look pretty either. What are you thinking and do you think you want/need them too?
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know tow hooks are a hot topic here but I don’t know that it’s a big deal? I live in Michigan and have dealt with Michigan/Ohio winters my whole life. I’ve been young and dumb and got stuck from bad choices but I don’t think I ever needed tow hooks. I’ve got a tundra now and I’ve never used them once. I’ve used the rear hitch for things but never front tow hooks. I don’t know that I personally would loose sleep over it.
just my .02

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be able to get the FX4 bumper from a junkyard once the trucks have been out a year or two... other than that you have to buy it from a dealership $$$ if you want the stock look.

I have never had a need for tow hooks, MD winters are mild enough and when it does snow hard I stay home.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might be able to get the FX4 bumper from a junkyard once the trucks have been out a year or two... other than that you have to buy it from a dealership $$$ if you want the stock look.

I have never had a need for tow hooks, MD winters are mild enough and when it does snow hard I stay home.
Good point the only time I ever needed them was on my Wrangler while in deep mud with my old Jeep Club. Just worry about my Wife getting over confident with the AWD and spinning out on the huge hill we need to traverse during a major snow storm on an unplowed road. i think I’m just being a little OCD about it. But I do agree with you.

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just hope I won't need front tow hooks .

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably less expensive/easier just to add FX4 package to the build than buying an FX4 bumper and tow hooks and all the effort of doing it yourself. And God only knows when you can get a used one or aftermarket bumper. Get what you want/need now. You're ordering it.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have front tow hooks on my 2001 Ranger and have never used them in Wisconsin. That said I would love to have the FX4 bumper with the tow hook cutouts. Which would be an absolutely perfect place to put driving/fog lights in. May check how much it would cost to switch bumper.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably less expensive/easier just to add FX4 package to the build than buying an FX4 bumper and tow hooks and all the effort of doing it yourself. And God only knows when you can get a used one or aftermarket bumper. Get what you want/need now. You're ordering it.
With his concern being snow thought losing Slippery mode to gain the hooks may not make sense

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Isn't just a matter of buying them...and bolting them on..after you very delicately cut out the knockout? sounds pretty simple to me... But then I haven't look closely at the setup either

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
99.9% useless extra expense. On the .1% chance you might actually NEED them (some here claim they NEED them to get towed out of a snow bank or roadside ditch)- get a AAA membership with towing and let them tow it for free like everyone else. That and be more careful where, when and how you drive :p

I actually have hooks on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2018 F-150 and used them for the 1st time this Summer. Needed to pull a railroad tie sized "log" of concrete out from under foundation of an old house I'm prepping for sale. Could have hired a contractor or rented a tractor but was being cheap, lol. Took 3 attempts over several days, but eventually the F-150 won in 4WD LOW with rear differential locked. It broke into 3 smaller chunks on the way out too so I used a come along for the rest of the project (y)

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have liked to have them on XLT hybrid,

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

99.9% useless extra expense. On the .1% chance you might actually NEED them (some here claim they NEED them to get towed out of a snow bank or roadside ditch)- get a AAA membership with towing and let them tow it for free like everyone else. That and be more careful where, when and how you drive :p

I actually have hooks on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2018 F-150 and used them for the 1st time this Summer. Needed to pull a railroad tie sized "log" of concrete out from under foundation of an old house I'm prepping for sale. Could have hired a contractor or rented a tractor but was being cheap, lol. Took 3 attempts over several days, but eventually the F-150 won in 4WD LOW with rear differential locked. It broke into 3 smaller chunks on the way out too so I used a come along for the rest of the project (y)
I agree, just like the soccer moms having AWD on their SUVs here in PHX.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you getting a hitch? If so, drag it out from the rear?

HRG

hitch hook.JPG
Ooh, I like that. Was thinking of painting my front tow hooks red, so that would go nicely!
Sponsored