2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does anyone know the differences between the XL & XLT models?

Im talking about the trims themself, not packages.

I plan on ordering a Maverick when the order banks open in August and I'm trying to see if Cruise Control is worth the extra $$$ or not
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX

I plan on ordering a Maverick when the order banks open in August and I'm trying to see if Cruise Control is worth the extra $$$ or not
If you ever use cruise control it's probably worth it. Plenty of people are adding the switches from an XLT and "turning on" cruise control with Forscan but not everyone is comfortable with that and some people think it will void their warranty (it won't). There's also an aftermarket cruise control kit from Rostra that you can add, I don't know why people think the factory switches will void the warranty but the Rostra kit wouldn't. Anyway, having rented both an XL and an XLT from Turo (one hybrid and one ecoboost) for a day each, I personally don't think the XLT trim is worth it for an extra 2grand especially when you can add factory cruise control, power locking tailgate, keypad entry and aluminum wheels for far less than 2k.

As for the exact differences, the Ford website is your friend:

https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/compare-models/

It all comes down to personal preference.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe by the next model year cruise control with be available on an XL. It was the main reason I went with the XLT. I thought it to be a bit pricey for that option, but not having it was NOT an option. I found the XLT also gives you a better colored interior, under rear seat storage, rear armrest, bed tie downs, 1 box cubby, locking tailgate, power mirrors, & the factory cruise control gives you more(control) options & display options than an aftermarket will. Not sure about the Forscan option, but I sure wouldn't be screwing around with a new vehicles steering wheel/wiring & airbag, any mistake there will NOT be covered by warranty. So the extra $2200 was worth it.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL looks better (objective fact, not opinion 😊) and is significantly cheaper, even when adding the cruise control in afterwards.

Seriously though, they are both good choices.

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't like the steelies on the XL on top of the other items mentioned above. My Hybrid XLT rims look really nice, they're charcaol and the truck is the silver color, the XLT rims are probably lighter than the XL rims too so maybe a tiny bump in mpg to boot

Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I recommend looking at either the website @FakeCowboy provided or this Ford pamphlet with trim comparisons.

Attachments

OP
OP
PA-Homesteader

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe by the next model year cruise control with be available on an XL. It was the main reason I went with the XLT. I thought it to be a bit pricey for that option, but not having it was NOT an option. I found the XLT also gives you a better colored interior, under rear seat storage, rear armrest, bed tie downs, 1 box cubby, locking tailgate, power mirrors, & the factory cruise control gives you more(control) options & display options than an aftermarket will. Not sure about the Forscan option, but I sure wouldn't be screwing around with a new vehicles steering wheel/wiring & airbag, any mistake there will NOT be covered by warranty. So the extra $2200 was worth it.
Wait the XL doesn't come with under seat storage?
I thought all of them do but the Hybrid's battery uses some of the space?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait the XL doesn't come with under seat storage?
I thought all of them do but the Hybrid's battery uses some of the space?
It has under-seat storage.

JoshC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

All the differences are explained and detailed on the ford website

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The XLT comes with free chocolate for life. They mail you a package of a dozen chocolates every month until you die. This really surprised me. Awesome move by Ford. Loyal chocolate-loving customer here. I plan to buy 3 more Mavericks. That's a box of chocolates every week.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
The XLT comes with free chocolate for life. They mail you a package of a dozen chocolates every month until you die. This really surprised me. Awesome move by Ford. Loyal chocolate-loving customer here. I plan to buy 3 more Mavericks. That's a box of chocolates every week.
Wilford Brimley said to tell you that at that rate it's probably a pretty short "lifetime" payout of free chocolate.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After i added up the difference's in the xl and xlt, i liked the difference in the wheels and cruise control so went with the xlt.the little difference in the price didnt seem to be enough to make it a big decision 😀corse at 71 years of age I doubt i will get another new truck so figured may as well go for it.

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only thing I really wanted from the XLT was the aluminum wheels. I bought an XL for $2300 less then put a set of XLT wheels on it for about 500 bucks.
Sponsored