Sponsored

Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what?

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
  • Banned
I put my orders in yesterday and got e-mails back from Ford so I am good to go however I'm very curious what the main differences are between XL and XLT I could do my homework I know but I know a lot of guys already know this answer right off the top of their head.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want an FX4 or Tremor package you'll need to go up to an XLT trim. Supposedly they are offering cruise control now on the 2023 XL trims which they didn't on the 2022 XL. If not that is another difference. I haven't seen the new build options yet but most likely power mirrors won't be available on the XL trim without taking a Copilot360 package. XLT power windows can be had without Copilot360. Moonroof might be another XLT or up option on the 2023 models. Still haven't seen the actual build configurations they offer yet so can't say for sure on that.
The rest of the differences are largely cosmetic with the interior colors and getting more choices for rims and tires on an XLT trim.

Those are the major differences I can think of. Assuming they don't offer cruise control on the 2023 XL trim that is something you can add afterwards for around $200 if you want to DIY the buttons install and programming.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you want an FX4 or Tremor package you'll need to go up to an XLT trim. Supposedly they are offering cruise control now on the 2023 XL trims which they didn't on the 2022 XL. If not that is another difference. I haven't seen the new build options yet but most likely power mirrors won't be available on the XL trim without taking a Copilot360 package. XLT power windows can be had without Copilot360.
The rest of the differences are largely cosmetic with the interior colors and getting more choices for rims and tires on an XLT trim.

Those are the major differences I can think of.
For those of us ordering Hybrids, there's even less reason to consider an XLT because no FX4/Tremor FWD's. Cruise control is standard on XL now. I agree the price jump for XLT is questionable for the content. Yes you do get aluminum wheels but many better aftermarket styles out there. XL comes with black seats which I really like. To get black seats on an XLT Hybrid you'd have to get the black package, which I am not a fan of black wheels. And no pics yet of the black package cloth seats yet. Not sure why. I'm ordering tomorrow, and will probably just get the XL, and add my own wheels.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those of us ordering Hybrids, there's even less reason to consider an XLT because no FX4/Tremor FWD's. Cruise control is standard on XL now. I agree the price jump for XLT is questionable for the content. Yes you do get aluminum wheels but many better aftermarket styles out there. XL comes with black seats which I really like. To get black seats on an XLT Hybrid you'd have to get the black package, which I am not a fan of black wheels. And no pics yet of the black package cloth seats yet. Not sure why. I'm ordering tomorrow, and will probably just get the XL, and add my own wheels.
You can pay more for the black appearance package on the XLT.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
  • Banned
With the XL getting standard Cruise it was a no-brainer for me I can deal with manual mirrors I like the interior lot better in the XL no moonroof option which I didn't care for but she wanted saved me a thousand other than the rims and the different color interior mine are other things that I don't see myself using regularly I don't see the $2,000 plus mark up for the x l t that's just my two cents fellows hope you all have a great day I got two orders in one hybrid one echo boost let the waiting begin I have all the time in the world I don't need this truck anytime soon

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can pay more for the black appearance package on the XLT.
Which is what I said. Why should I pay $2300 for upgraded wrong color seats on the XLt, only to have to pay $1500 to get them back? That's even more questionable value since I don't like black wheels. That's a big reason to not buy move up to an XLT. Only reason I'd consider XLT is to get the better Cyber Orange paint. My Mustang came with the black wheels, which I changed right away.

Ford Maverick Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what? 20180801_081302

Ford Maverick Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what? 20181218_132634

Ford Maverick Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what? 242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the order guide that was posted here in another thread, here are the features of the XLS that are different to the XL:

Ford Maverick Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what? 2022-09-16 10_01_01-2023 Maverick Order Guide - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit)

Plus unlocking the ability for adding other upgrade packages. It is up to you if you think this is worth $2,260.

georgeb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the money is better spent elsewhere.
  • Upgrade to better looking aftermarket rims - sell off OEM wheels/tires
  • Upgrade the steering wheel to better than lariat (ST leather stitched)
  • Turn on traffic sign recognition with forskin
  • add lane keep assist (which is stupid honestly)
  • add power locking tailgate
  • add remote start module
Point is - with the exception of power mirrors and the rear sliding window - the XL makes a ton of cents.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to the order guide that was posted here in another thread, here are the features of the XLS that are different to the XL:

2022-09-16 10_01_01-2023 Maverick Order Guide - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit).png

Plus unlocking the ability for adding other upgrade packages. It is up to you if you think this is worth $2,260.
You can add the tie downs afterwards for lets say around $100 if you use the ford ones. Lot cheaper to do with aftermarket tie downs. Cubby storage in the bed can be added for about $40. Did that on my XL it is 4 nuts to take off the cover on either side of the bed and replace with the cubby storage piece.

Wiper activated led headlamps can be done but not elegantly since there is no room in the plastic holder on the windshield for the sensor on XL trims. Next problem is the windshield itself, they don't have an extra clear section in there for the sensor to mount on. You'd have to run the wires across the windshield and mount the sensor somewhere else out in the open. That would include making your own mount for the sensor. Even then if you can make this work it would still cost well under 1k to do.

gbdoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was team XL after hearing it was getting cruise control, but I have a feeling there will be even more XL orders than Ford is expecting, so that is driving me towards XLT. This is based off that production allocation that was posted recently, I think Ford is still expecting XLT to be the volume trim which may help my truck get built faster before they realize that there are more XL orders than they anticipated. I wish the XLT came with better tires because I don't really care for the wheels on the XLT, but I'm hoping my logic gets me a truck faster than if I ordered an XL.

Sponsored

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which is what I said. Why should I pay $2300 for upgraded wrong color seats on the XLt, only to have to pay $1500 to get them back? That's even more questionable value since I don't like black wheels. That's a big reason to not buy move up to an XLT. Only reason I'd consider XLT is to get the better Cyber Orange paint. My Mustang came with the black wheels, which I changed right away.

20181218_132634.jpg
What wheels are those? Your car looks great, by the way.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What wheels are those? Your car looks great, by the way.
Thanks. They are replicas of the factory PP2 wheels, the SVE SP2's. 19X10 fronts on 285's, and 19X11 rears on 325's. I also have the Tall drag radials (30"x13.5") on 17" wheels. I daily these now since they are the only tires that hook.
Ford Maverick Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what? 283987875_10158209429776580_5745522968848891989_n

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the XLT last year for these reasons:
1) Wanted cruise control.
2) Didn't care for the steelie wheels on the XL.
3) For the variety of colors within the interior (as I hate all-black interiors).
4) Wanted Co-Pilot 360 and the "full-size" spare.
5) Liked the exterior color options more.

What I could not do is justify moving up to the Lariat, because:
1) Hate the brown and blue interior and "leather-like" seats.
2) Way too much money to get the items I would've liked to have (push-button start, adaptive cruise control, power driver seat.
Sponsored