First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was interested in the Maverick in Fall of 2021. I stopped by my local dealer and they had an Ecoboost to test drive. I took it out on the city streets and highway and liked the ride. When I came back to the dealer, I ordered a hybrid. That was Oct. 20, 2021. Little did I know that I would have to wait 471 days to pick up my 2023, but I'm enjoying it now.
Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the XL have the blue door and dash panels or are they black?

I haven't seen a Maverick on the street but the Ford dealer had a service tech that had one and he let me look at it and sit inside. Couldn't drive it though.
Here's the '23 XL on the inside.

Ford Maverick Did you test drive a Maverick before ordering 20230227_192720
Ford Maverick Did you test drive a Maverick before ordering 20230227_192728
Ford Maverick Did you test drive a Maverick before ordering 20230227_192741

OP
OP
Old Man

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I thought I saw somewhere that it had black panels because the blue was considered a higher model trim color.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, I thought I saw somewhere that it had black panels because the blue was considered a higher model trim color.
No problem. Glad I can help.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nah, the blue plastic is everywhere.

Personally I really like the orange bits in the XLT interior, but different folks are allowed to like different things.

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't drive one until I got mine but the dealership ended up with a couple used (I assume flips) during the nearly year wait for my own order so I got to sit in and look around the interior of an XL and a basic XLT. I work next door to the Ford dealership so I got to see plenty getting delivered over that time and to check out the exteriors. Obviously since all were peoples retail orders getting inside to sit in one was a no no.

JGWezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not drive one before I ordered mine but I did get the opportunity to test drive an EB Maverick (my order is for a hybrid) at my local dealership less than a month or so after I'd ordered. It was a little rushed as I think the dealer scheduled another test drive close to my time.. but I was pleased with how it ran. Hoping to get hands on my own later this year if it gets scheduled, fingers crossed.

Concrete

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sat in one. ordered lariat lux .... waited waited waited... salesman oh you going to have to roll over to 23,, canceled order..... saw lariat for sale new being built bought it.. waited month and half drove her of the lot and loved it ever since..
Ford Maverick Did you test drive a Maverick before ordering 2 my truck

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered 8/25/21. Zero Mavericks had been delivered to customers in my region at that point, but the GM of that dealership did get one several weeks later (maybe a month).

12/10/21 I saw a different local dealership had a XL AWD available. I assume it was an order that was refused, it had to have been. I told them I wanted to check it out but was transparent in that I absolutely was not going to buy an XL.

I liked it. Back seat smaller than early reviewers were saying, but functional for my needs. Ended up ordering another Mav that day from this dealership and I drive it now.

Since you can't order now, if you're buying a truck that is in stock and not local, it's worth hunting around or even asking in FB groups to see if you can check out someone's Maverick that's hopefully similar.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I drove a Bronco Sport for over two years and we had a older Ford Ranger before so I pretty much knew what to expect.

Sponsored

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove a Bronco Sport for over two years and we had a older Ford Ranger before so I pretty much knew what to expect.
Bringing this thread back from the dead!

I did test drive one right before ordering.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in the summer of 21 I called tge local dealer inquiring about the Mav. A few weeks later he called me saying he had one. I made an appointment to see it with him
When I got there the truck was but not the salesman and the truck was sold. The guy who bought the truck traded in a 3 month old Bronco Sport and was kind enough to let me sit in the Mav and check it out. At the time I did not know the demand was so high. Six months later I ordered one from another dealer. Almost identical to the one I sat in.

flipd4mavs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I rented a Mav at our local UHaul for a day. Dump runs, general running of errands even night driving. Convinced me to buy one. Best $80 ( inc mileage) I ever spent.

Shehawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Tremor xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since dealer stock Mavericks are rare to find to test drive wondering how many ordered on faith. Although now there are a lot of reviews about the truck the early orders were real pioneers.
We ordered on faith with too little guidance and before I found this group.

I wish I understood the ordering options and trims better.

We ordered 2. We ended up liking how the tremor I ordered drove and passed on the standard lariat. BUT we are selling or trading the XLT tremor in to order/buy a lariat tremor. We just liked the way the tremor drove even in the mountains. But we wished we had added lariat features. Live and learnā€¦..

with this club though maybe one of the members closer to you would at least let you ride in one before you order.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

(Start the Way-Back Machineā€¦)

Ordered on faith late September ā€˜21, viewed pics and vidā€™s only, local Dealers had zero of either engine on their lots.
After placing the order, My Dealer called late November, informing that he had an AWD Eco on the lot, wanting to know if I wanted to take it for a spin. He admitted my response made him laugh: ā€œbecause itā€™s not the same engine, tranny or suspensionā€¦Iā€™ll pass on the drive, but Iā€™d love to sit in it, open the lift gate and hood and pretend itā€™s the Lariat Hybrid on orderā€.

Eventually drove a late first year ā€˜22 production run Lariat off the lot 400 daze (sic) after placing the order (November 4, 2022). Trouble free miles ever since. Hope this doesnā€™t invoke an internet jinxā€¦

On to the day!
Sponsored

Last edited: