First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Test drove one 12/11/21. Placed my order 12/15/21. Drove it home 9/16/22.
Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw one maybe once before I ordered.
sat in a bronco Sport the day I ordered to make sure I fit.
Sat in a maverick once about a month or so after my order when some let me sit in their brand new one when I went in to change something on my order.

tkistre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a transit driver at my local Ford Dealer. They only received customer Maverick orders so no one could drive them. But, I was lucky enough to drive a 2022 Maverick EB Lariat, Area 51, Lux, with CP360 to deliver to customer's home, just over 3 hours away. I was hooked and placed my order then!

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

test drove an xl eco. Went back two days later to buy and it was sold. Ordered a hybrid on faith and turned out good.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No test drive for me. I read a story on the internet about the Maverick Hybrid and it seemed like a possible replacement for our 20 year old Mazda pickup. I showed the story to my wife, and the next day she told me she had stopped by the Ford dealer and put her name in for a reservation. She said that the order was actually an option to purchase, no deposit was required, and if we didn't like it we didn't have to buy it. So we ordered in August 2021. I don't think production had started at that time.

In January 2022 we went to the Auto Show in the hope that Ford would have a Maverick to sit in. I had an arthritic hip that made it difficult getting in and out of some vehicles. Ford had a Maverick at the show, but because it was a preproduction unit, they kept the doors locked and wouldn't let me sit in it!

Sponsored

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I test Drove an eco boost for about 5 minutes and did not buy it still wanting a hybrid. I was looking on line and found a used Hybrid 158 miles away from me with under 8k miles marked up of course. Between coming down a bit on mark up and dealer giving more for my hybrid Rav4 trade, I drove it away. I have put about 500 miles on it so far and I am hooked. I have my maverick and one on order that probably wont be built till 2024. I was dependant on my trade to help me buy the maverick and by the time my order probably would come in, my trade would be worth less than half what I got for it.

Deleted member 14823

I took an XLT in Alto Blue out for a drive. I got a lot of looks from people who seemed curious to see the new design from Ford. At a Home Depot parking lot, I got a big thumbs up and a smile from a couple of F-150 owners as I loaded up the bed with materials. At a traffic light in town a driver in the next lane over asked me about the Maverick.

Then I stopped daydreaming, and after checking the interior dimensions to make sure I would fit in it I called my local Ford dealership and ordered one. When it arrived 5 months later I nervously got inside of it and was relieved when my head did not hit the liner and I found I could take a comfortable driving position. After waiting for it to arrive I didn't even want to first take it for a test drive. As it was the first Maverick they ever received, my dealer had placed it in their showroom when it came in. They opened a big sliding door at the front of the dealership, and then my very first drive was out of the showroom to take it home.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took an XLT in Alto Blue out for a drive. I got a lot of looks from people who seemed curious to see the new design from Ford. At a Home Depot parking lot, I got a big thumbs up and a smile from a couple of F-150 owners as I loaded up the bed with materials. At a traffic light in town a driver in the next lane over asked me about the Maverick.

Then I stopped daydreaming, and after checking the interior dimensions to make sure I would fit in it I called my local Ford dealership and ordered one. When it arrived 5 months later I nervously got inside of it and was relieved when my head did not hit the liner and I found I could take a comfortable driving position. After waiting for it to arrive I didn't even want to first take it for a test drive. As it was the first Maverick they ever received, my dealer had placed it in their showroom when it came in. They opened a big sliding door at the front of the dealership, and then my very first drive was out of the showroom to take it home.
I test drove in a friends' Maverick. Patiently waiting for my XLT. I am not holding my breath! lol

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had seen a few in the wild (by see I don't mean able to walk up and look closely), but that was it.

Actually signed all the paperwork before even driving it. Going only on trusted reviewers and what I'd read about it. All I really did beforehand was make sure it would fit nicely in my garage with the main door shut and tailgate down.

Deleted member 14823

I test drove in a friends' Maverick. Patiently waiting for my XLT. I am not holding my breath! lol
It's a roll of the dice...don't count yourself out yet. When I ordered I worked with a nice salesman who was up front about the delays and told me he was going to periodically check in with me. He called me every 2 weeks as promised, and I kept my expectations in check by casually shopping other vehicles in case I found something even better.

Sponsored

CheriePandora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2024
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad found the Maverick for me. He researched the dog out of it and was working hard to sell me on it. (It's going to be a company vehicle.)
A friend of his was lucky enough to get the 2022 Hybrid he ordered. He was out of town when it arrived so his brother took delivery of it. They were kind enough to let me take it for a spin. So, I drove his truck before he did. I'm in a Malibu now and it felt like driving my car. I enjoyed it, but the orders had already closed for 2022. So we looked everywhere for one like I wanted. I mean everywhere. I wasn't in a rush. So, we ordered one exactly how I wanted it the morning the order banks opened.. And now we wait.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 7/15/2021, so no. I don't think there were any.

I did drive an Ecoboost a few months later, as well as a Lariat Lux Hybrid(almost same build) a few months later. My same dealer tried to sell me the hybrid for $4k over, different salesman, didn't even tell him I had one on order.

I was actually too intimidated to even try the adaptive cruise and line centering when I test drove. Probably the best feature on the lariat lux.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a roll of the dice...don't count yourself out yet. When I ordered I worked with a nice salesman who was up front about the delays and told me he was going to periodically check in with me. He called me every 2 weeks as promised, and I kept my expectations in check by casually shopping other vehicles in case I found something even better.
My dealer is more like a hermit. He says he has no more info than what I get from Ford Marketing.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 18, 2021 way before the long line a week after launch, only based on photos from Ford. It took 7 months back then and I thought I set the wait record. Sorry to everyone who has waited over a year.

I was so excited when my Mav got delivered in Jan 2022 that I forgot to test drive it before signing the purchase contract. I like the truck so much I also ordered a turbo AWD version for when we ski in Park City, UT. I have videos where I stop on a steep snow covered street with the stock Continental tires and get back up to speed no problem. Even with snow tires, the hybrid would probably spin the front wheels trying to pull 3500 lbs uphill and would likely need chains in that situation.

I have been posting videos of my road trips as an actual owner to help everyone. The big reviewers who get a loaner don't know the Mav like we do so I encourage anyone who owns to also post videos so we can all learn more. I am up to over 100 Mav only videos.

The EB version is like a little race truck! Once the warranty is up, I plan on getting a tune to over 300HP. I recommend getting one of each version over time, hybrid and AWD. Use the hybrid for city mpg. Use the AWD for driving in mud, snow, light off-road, or pulling a boat up a wet boat ramp. Mavs with no AWD badge on the tailgate will be stopped at chain control even with snow tires.

Plus, the turbo has much better passing power and a more exciting drive overall. For road trips to ski or camp, the AWD gas consumption is not much more on the hwy than the hybrid.

Here is my video showing the window stickers of what we paid for 2 Mav lux XLTs vs the price of one F-150 XLT I saw at my dealer in Costa Mesa.

Last edited:

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered late Septemberā€™21, no models available to sit in or drive. Dealer eventually called to inform he had an EB on the lot, I deferred (different motor and tranny) until he had a Hybrid to drive, which eventually turned into my Lariatā€¦400 days after order.

Lots of faith exhibited, and rewarded.

I know my father would be appalled, ā€˜cuz I ordered a 1st model year, sight unseen, without as much as a ā€˜sit in the driverā€™s seatā€™, let alone a test drive.

A success, measured by any criteria.
Sponsored