Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Since dealer stock Mavericks are rare to find to test drive wondering how many ordered on faith. Although now there are a lot of reviews about the truck the early orders were real pioneers.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since dealer stock Mavericks are rare to find to test drive wondering how many ordered on faith. Although now there are a lot of reviews about the truck the early orders were real pioneers.
I got to sit in the front and back of a 2022 XLT EB on 11/3/21. Having a C-Max Hybrid, I was sold and signed the order. My 2023 Lariat Hybrid Lux BAP should be delivered within a week or so!

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The first time I drove a Maverick, I had already bought it.

Which is insane now that I say it out loud. Thank god the truck drove exactly the way I thought it would. 😆

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Test drove an EB back in October 21 and ordered my hybrid that day.

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hadn't even seen one in the wild until after I'd placed my order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never drove one. In fact, the only one I'd seen out and about prior to ordering had been the one in a parking lot that made me want to order it. I'm not sure what it was. I didn't even review the truck online. I reviewed Consumer Reports' magazine's small bit about it and that was it. They didn't have a lot to say, yet, so it was in good faith. I suppose it's that Ford has gotten the small truck segment right before, and I just had a good feeling about it. Boy, am I glad I did!

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First test drive was when my order came to the dealership, had to have a little faith in what trusted reviewers were saying. If I remember correctly when I ordered no hybrids had even shipped from the factory other than the demo trucks for reviewer test days. EB models had just started shipping earlier, but the dealer wasn't expecting any until late December 2021.

OP
OP
Old Man

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Kind of like the Lightning reservations 2 years before it was made. And many of the new EVs coming out. The Maverick seems a safer bet than those vehicles.

Army Engineer (Ret)

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We were fortunate enough to get a 30 minute test drive in an XLT FX4, when my local dealers new car manager tracked me down to see it. Loved it, but needed some of safety features that we could only get on a Lariat Lux so I let that one go. I handed the keys back to our salesman and he handed them to a guy who immediately said I’ll take it. If I knew it would be 431 days until the one I ordered would arrive I might have bought it to tide me over. 20-20 hindsight is always dead on!

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was shopping for a new truck, saw the Maverick online and liked it - ended up seeing one in person one morning after it was dropped off at the local dealer and a simple walk around told me it was just what I needed.

Sponsored

Vicman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi RVR GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found one place close to Vancouver BC that had a test vehicle. My wife is buying it for me for our 30th anniversary last August. She new I was researching the Maverick. I am very thorough when I buy anything. I ordered the excact same model that I test drove last September and it has rolled into a 23 model. XLT Alto Blue, 360, sunroof, tonneau cover, rear window, sprayi-in. Hybrid. Great ride and comfortable seats. First new vehicle I will be buying if I even get it. I am patient and not in a hurry. The same test drive is still at the dealer.

DryFlyGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had never seen one when I first ordered (2021). Now, over a year later, (and new 2023 order), I have had the chance to sit in one once (Barrett Jackson, Ford booth). I have never had an opportunity to test drive. I can count on one hand the number of them that I have seen out driving around in all this time.

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, lucked out in late January last year. Long McArthur had one on their lot we could try. We were going to order anyway but driving one solidified the decision even more.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well I wanted a Bronco, then was talked into test driving a Bronco Sport Badlands, then a year later I was beginning to reel at the high cost of a decent Bronco. I heard the Maverick was happening and decided to just go ahead and put an order in since we were impressed with the comfort and power of the Bad BS. Once we saw one in real life we were sure it was perfect for us. Cant wait for our Tremor!

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Never drove one, never sat in one … had never even seen one at the time we put $500 down on a XLT EB on 1/25/2022

We hadn’t had a second car for months, since our trusty 2001 Subaru Forester with 300;000+ miles on it failed inspection because rust had left it structurally unsound.

We had used the Forester to haul stuff and to tow a small cargo trailer, so we were in the market for a small truck this time. Heard about the Maverick, started reading about it online, then heard that they were so popular that the order window was about to close for the initial year MY22 model … and it was only January.

So we went to our local dealer and placed an order I think just a day or two before they stopped taking them, without ever having seen a Maverick, let alone sit in it or drive it. We needed AWD, cruise control and a hitch receiver, so never considered the hybrid, and ordered an XLT EcoBoost.

Picked up our truck 368 days later, having had to reorder a MY23 on 9/15/2022 — still sight unseen — when Ford couldn’t get the MY22 built.

Our 2023 Maverick was built 12/01/2022 … Sat at the factory rail yard for a full month until shipped 1/02/2023… Arrived at dealer a full month after that, 2/02/2023.

Took it home two weeks ago — 2/06/2023 — after a few more days delay to get our private transition offer sorted out.

And that’s when we drove a Maverick for the first time.
Sponsored