Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
How is the Hybrid battery protected from water and elements when it's under the vehicle like that...small water crossings etc...such as a minor flooded street?
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How is the Hybrid battery protected from water and elements when it's under the vehicle like that...small water crossings etc...such as a minor flooded street?
The battery has to be well sealed, it's liquid cooled.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at the positive side of the battery under the seat. It will prolong the life of the battery and although we lose some space, Hybrid owners have a much better option for a DIY 400w inverter. From the beginning I planned on installing an inverter and connect it directly to the battery. Probably find an area behind the seat for the inverter and run wires to battery. I'll decide when I get my Maverick if I run the proper wiring to the bed and other areas.
The 12v battery is quite small to run an inverter. Plus I am concerned about putting that large a load directly on the 12v and how that may or may not affect the dc/dc maintenance of the 12v which can occur at anytime subject to the six of the high volt battery. I am thinking I will use a 2kw battery backed up pure sine wave inverter (Massimo?) attached to the 12.1-14.7 volt circuit through one of the unused fuze positions (30amp?). Should be able to camp all night and run frig etc with truck off. During day ice can recharge HVB which will then recharge the 2kw battery in inverter.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 12v battery is quite small to run an inverter. Plus I am concerned about putting that large a load directly on the 12v and how that may or may not affect the dc/dc maintenance of the 12v which can occur at anytime subject to the six of the high volt battery. I am thinking I will use a 2kw battery backed up pure sine wave inverter (Massimo?) attached to the 12.1-14.7 volt circuit through one of the unused fuze positions (30amp?). Should be able to camp all night and run frig etc with truck off. During day ice can recharge HVB which will then recharge the 2kw battery in inverter.
Please report back how that works. Sounds cool to kinda use the Mav as a generator. I wonder how much the efficiency losses are compared to a cheap/small gas generator.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please report back how that works. Sounds cool to kinda use the Mav as a generator. I wonder how much the efficiency losses are compared to a cheap/small gas generator.
Last I saw mine is scheduled for production week of August 29th
Sponsored