First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That right there is a beauty mark, and you now own a truck.

Drink some beer. Rub a little dirt on it (or some touch up paint and clear coat so it doesn't rust).
Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After seeing this, if I ever get my truck I'm NEVER putting anything in the bed EVER!
Most people with a truck don't!

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you touch that dent give the dent puller guy a chance, I have been amazed at their capabilities. Its also the least expensive option.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Take a 2 x4 place on top of of it and hammer the hump down then touch up with primer . put your tonneau on or make insurance claim . Or you could pay out of pocket and just chauk it up to shit happens .

OP
OP
lpizz24

lpizz24

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Update: Had a paintless dent guy work on it a little bit. I was impressed. He was able to give it back the shape, but obviously couldn’t do much about the chipped paint. He put clear vinyl over it for now to protect from rust.

Went to a Line-X place and he said they wouldn’t be able to bring the bed liner up over it.

I may just end up wrapping that whole section and black vinyl. It’s not ideal because there’s still some texture from the paint around the dented area, but for now I have the shape I need to lay down my cover flat across it and the vinyl will protect it

I really appreciate the insight on this thread. Big help.

Ford Maverick Dent in the bed. Looking for ideas 40FAE609-DF1F-459E-8C91-AB1D4A9BE80C

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Interesting they can't put the bed liner up there. There's photos of other aftermarket liners covering that area. I guess if they're doing just that small space, it won't have much purchase and it could risk peeling. Maybe try a different liner place. Last resort would be getting some touch up paint from Ford and then putting a strip of clear 3m protectant film over that entire area. The film would most likely had the paint patch and it wont be anywhere near as noticeable.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You obviously could leave it like it is and a little paint to keep out the rust...but so you know...there are aerosol cans of bedliner. Rust-o-lim is one brand in aerosol or painted with a brush. You could carefully tape off the area, protect the window and surrounding areas with paper/plastic and put down a lite coat of the aerosol canned bedliner paint to match existing bedliner. It is really easy to do....the rattle can (aerosol) bedliner paint is extremely durable...and is real bedliner and last for many years.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a wooden box in the bed today. Some slack from the tiedown got loose, and while I was backing into my driveway the tire ran over the tiedown and pinned the wooden box up against the cab leaving this huge dent. Trying to figure out what to do next. Any ideas?
044FBCCE-79EF-4883-A312-A5F730CF4C47.jpeg

50813E14-C797-4439-BBC7-F429B8F0DAF0.jpeg
Sorry, Man,
Shit happens.
But I’m curious…….
Is this your first truck?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get a can of do it yourself bedliner and roll it on over the damage after you sand and primer it a little. It will look just fine.

My Rhinoliner covers that area up to the window. FYI

Ford Maverick Dent in the bed. Looking for ideas IMG_91251

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was already sold on aftermarket spray in bed liner. This right here further proved it is a better investment. I wonder how it would have held up with a thick coat of bed liner all the way up.

sorry for the dent, at least you didn’t hit a deer, semi truck, or have a multi car accident

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You absolutely CAN cover that area with bedliner. Do it yourself. Cover the window and cab area with plastic sheeting and use blue painters tape to edge it right up to that top rail. Do the same from the bottom leaving a little of the existing bedliner exposed for some overlap. Then just spray it. It might not match exactly but that uncovered area always looks dumb to me and it will permanently seal over that scratch.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consider it your first scar and memory with the truck. Not much besides pull, fill, paint and respray the liner.

Too deep, creased and paint is broken for paintless dent removal. Actual body work is needed. Cheap fix: Get a touch up paint pen from the dealer or your local auto paint shop and fill it in so it doesnt rust.
You have no idea what you're talking about, that is easy for PDR. Typical people on a forum just spewing about things they don't know about!

edit - I see the OP went to a PDR place, and would ya look at that. Looks really good for being "body work needed" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You have no idea what you're talking about, that is easy for PDR. Typical people on a forum just spewing about things they don't know about!

edit - I see the OP went to a PDR place, and would ya look at that. Looks really good for being "body work needed" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey look, your typical backyard mechanic dildo spewing off on a forum without a clue of what a proper fix is.

The bed is still bulged AND the metal is still exposed. Not to mention that the metal has been stretched drastically and not shrunk back to retain rigidity. Small/shallow dents don't have that issue, but once you push the metal so far you break the paint off, yeah, you've got a larger problem.

I've spent years working in the automotive industry. Stay in your YouTube lane, armchair mechanic.

Jim D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You obviously could leave it like it is and a little paint to keep out the rust...but so you know...there are aerosol cans of bedliner. Rust-o-lim is one brand in aerosol or painted with a brush. You could carefully tape off the area, protect the window and surrounding areas with paper/plastic and put down a lite coat of the aerosol canned bedliner paint to match existing bedliner. It is really easy to do....the rattle can (aerosol) bedliner paint is extremely durable...and is real bedliner and last for many years.
Excellent idea!

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd mask that all the way across, Rustoleum rattle can it in black, and call it done.
Sponsored