Sponsored

Deleted member 1157

In today's market for both new and used vehicles some dealerships try to screw you in buying (ADM's) and trading-in (Low ball offer).

My new Maverick has a scheduled build date 11/8 (hope that sticks) so December delivery for me. I am selling my low milage (43,500) 2015 Honda Fit Ex in very good condition. If I sold it outright to an individual I should get around $14,500 for it . KBB has it's value in the range of $13,500 through $15,500.

The AutoNation Honda Dealership that has done all service on it, which was only maintenance as no repairs were ever necessary, had advertisements to sell your vehicle to them. Since I knew the value I decided to see what they would offer.

It turns out that the manager of that department is as sleazy as most salesmen as he gave me a pathetic offer of only $10,000.

After I vented my displeasure at the value and that I originally purchased the car new at the dealership and had all maintenance done there he upped the offer to $11,000. I still felt it was a pathetic offer. Having told him that I left.

On the way home I got a text to come back and they would give me $12,500 in cash.

So in the space of about 30 minutes my car's value went up 25%.

My Maverick is being purchased from another an Autonation Ford dealership. When placing the order I decided to see what my car was worth to them so I had them look at it. Since I already had another Autonation dealership give an appraisal the first one is what they would use. Only if I wait 30+ days would they reappraise. So it looks like the initial pathetic offer from the first one may be what I would receive it I trade in to any Autonation dealerships.

Now onto your savings in sales tax. That is true as I would save 6.25% here in Texas on my trade-in value. So going with the $10,000 I would save $625. However If I sold my car outright for $10,626 or more that would be a better deal overall. If I sold for the cash offer of $12,500 I would be $1,875 better off than trading in for $10,000.

About two weeks before my Maverick gets delivered I plan to get online quotes from Carvana, CarMax, Vroom etc and see what their offers are then see what the Autonation Ford dealership where my Maverick gets delivered to offers. The Autonation Ford dealership's offer needs to be at least 93.75% of the best online offer. I have serious doubt they will even be in the ball park given my initial experience.
I agree with you 100%.
I'm going to the Goodwill store to buy a plaid suit so I can give it to the car salesman.
Sponsored

AUTUS_FL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRD;2021 HONDA REBEL 1100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to measure and share the pics. I'll definitely be able to transport the bike safely in the bed considering the available diagonal length of nearly 90in. This is a major step towards my plans for replacing my 2020 Tacoma for the Maverick next year. Thanks again!!
New pics with measurements provided:
Pic 1: From front of the bike
Pic 2: From rear of the bike at 79in.
Pic 3: From rear of the bike at 89in.
Ford Maverick DELIVERED! Maverick Owner Review & Impressions of Cactus Gray XLT 2.0 EB, AWD, LUX, FX4, 4K TOW, 360 1633194857500

My cruiser bike will definitely fit in the bed, which is great! Thanks again!!

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if if you are okay I would like to know your price breakdown - dealer costs specifically
my dealer is asking this. Selling price is what I built
-Lariat lux package
-AWD
-4k tow
-moon roof
-co-pilot 360

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 12.46.23 PM.png

[/QU
That is interesting. The Hybrid can do 1566 lbs.

Why would an EcoBoost engine and AWD remove 188 lbs from the combined weight of the occupants and the cargo area?

Hybrid Tire and Loading.JPG
I’ll sell my trade in to Car Max. They drive it, then check it out in their garage and give a non negotiable offer good for 5 days that has beaten dealers offers the last three cars. Each time I showed the dealers the Car Max offer and they didn’t come close. This time just skipping the dealer trade in BS.
In my case Carvana offered me $1000+ over the CarMax offer. Then another local dealer offered me more than Carvana. The market is crazy these days so if selling shop around.

skcr3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid, Mercedes GLK350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on the new Maverick

Sponsored

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to measure and share the pics. I'll definitely be able to transport the bike safely in the bed considering the available diagonal length of nearly 90in. This is a major step towards my plans for replacing my 2020 Tacoma for the Maverick next year. Thanks again!!
I had a thought for transporting bikes in the bed; Place the back wheel of the bicycle up against the cab. Then place the front wheel on the tailgate at the 45 degree angle, and strap it in. I believe this should work. It would eliminate having to remove the bikes front wheels and securing it into a bike rack, or using a bike rack with the trailer hitch.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a thought for transporting bikes in the bed; Place the back wheel of the bicycle up against the cab. Then place the front wheel on the tailgate at the 45 degree angle, and strap it in. I believe this should work. It would eliminate having to remove the bikes front wheels and securing it into a bike rack, or using a bike rack with the trailer hitch.
That is a pretty standard way to do it! Shouldn't have any problem in the Maverick. Plenty of space in my 5ft bed ranger

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
After an arduous day of battle at the dealership, I emerged victorious and rode off the battlefield after 9pm last night in my new Mav! For reference: Ordered 7/9, Built 9/14, Delivered 9/30 (almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule).

Early Impressions:

Exterior: CG is just a sexy color in person. It isn't even well detailed yet but looks amazing and goes well with the FX4 wheels. I like the contrast of the black door handles on the XLT. Car is well proportioned and I don't think it looks or feels small in person. Fit & finish is impressive so far given the price point. I caught them before they drilled the front bumper for plates so it still looks clean up front. Will put in the black tailgate letters this weekend and probably take off the AWD badge and FX4 decals (don't like the random red, plan to replace with full black).

Interior: Impressed as well. Is it a luxury car inside? No. Is it nice and cleanly built inside? Yes. I think the blue/grey and orange go well together and work well with the CG exterior. Definitely roomy feeling and feels bigger than Ranger inside. I am 5' 11" and had plenty of room in both front and back seats. I'll be curious to see how all the hard plastics hold up over time but I really like the setup so far. My wife loves the stone colored dash & door inserts. Cool to see the off road screen for the FX4. Confirmed drive modes: Normal, Slippery, Tow/Haul, Sand, Mud/Rut.

Driving: Only 36 miles of mostly stop and go so far, so somewhat limited. Pickup is smooth from a stop and you can feel that the EB has some zip. It is a little bit noisy here and there (on some deceleration and cold temp start this morning). Does it bother me coming from a 2010 car with 100k on it, nope! Handling is tight and car like as expected. Got on the freeway for a brief bit last night and it got to speed plenty quick and will have no problem passing. Roads in my area are not super well maintained and while the Mav doesn't necessarily go over them like butter, it is absolutely better than a typical truck. Auto start stop is of course annoying but I did enjoy auto hold (even though my wife says it's weird). Overall, steering feel and throttle response are solid and the car feels nimble and easy to maneuver.

Overall: I am in love. Ford has a winner and will sell as many of these as they can get made. I won the lottery getting a build so early and it is going to do everything I need it to. Hope all the other early deliveries are loving theirs. Everyone waiting, hang in there bc they will be worth it!!

IMG-2154.jpg

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083643.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083712.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083737.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083848.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083929.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083950.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084022.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084038.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084111.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084146.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084212.JPEG
Congratulations! I have the twin of yours on order, except mine is a Hybrid. I will most likely have to wait awhile to get it, but the color is great and I really think the CG looks good with the XLT interior of gray and denim looking blue with the orange trim. Hope you really enjoy your new truck!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After an arduous day of battle at the dealership, I emerged victorious and rode off the battlefield after 9pm last night in my new Mav! For reference: Ordered 7/9, Built 9/14, Delivered 9/30 (almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule).

Early Impressions:

Exterior: CG is just a sexy color in person. It isn't even well detailed yet but looks amazing and goes well with the FX4 wheels. I like the contrast of the black door handles on the XLT. Car is well proportioned and I don't think it looks or feels small in person. Fit & finish is impressive so far given the price point. I caught them before they drilled the front bumper for plates so it still looks clean up front. Will put in the black tailgate letters this weekend and probably take off the AWD badge and FX4 decals (don't like the random red, plan to replace with full black).

Interior: Impressed as well. Is it a luxury car inside? No. Is it nice and cleanly built inside? Yes. I think the blue/grey and orange go well together and work well with the CG exterior. Definitely roomy feeling and feels bigger than Ranger inside. I am 5' 11" and had plenty of room in both front and back seats. I'll be curious to see how all the hard plastics hold up over time but I really like the setup so far. My wife loves the stone colored dash & door inserts. Cool to see the off road screen for the FX4. Confirmed drive modes: Normal, Slippery, Tow/Haul, Sand, Mud/Rut.

Driving: Only 36 miles of mostly stop and go so far, so somewhat limited. Pickup is smooth from a stop and you can feel that the EB has some zip. It is a little bit noisy here and there (on some deceleration and cold temp start this morning). Does it bother me coming from a 2010 car with 100k on it, nope! Handling is tight and car like as expected. Got on the freeway for a brief bit last night and it got to speed plenty quick and will have no problem passing. Roads in my area are not super well maintained and while the Mav doesn't necessarily go over them like butter, it is absolutely better than a typical truck. Auto start stop is of course annoying but I did enjoy auto hold (even though my wife says it's weird). Overall, steering feel and throttle response are solid and the car feels nimble and easy to maneuver.

Overall: I am in love. Ford has a winner and will sell as many of these as they can get made. I won the lottery getting a build so early and it is going to do everything I need it to. Hope all the other early deliveries are loving theirs. Everyone waiting, hang in there bc they will be worth it!!

IMG-2154.jpg

I really like the wheels!! I also see you have fabled spray-in bed liner! 😁 Personally, I think the FX4 badge looks ok only because of the red from the taillight helps it blend in. I've had an opportunity to test drive an XL and you stated a lot of the same things I posted about the ride ability and comfort. You're so right in your statement about Ford having a winner on their hands and people will be happy once the wait is over and they have theirs to drive! Congrats!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Early Impressions:

IMG-2154.jpg

Congratulations beautiful truck

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you get a measurement from the ground to the door sill where your foot goes over and into the footwell,floor board .my wife has a bad leg and cant lift it very high and of course you cant find that spec anywhere.thanks in advance
This might help you out while you wait. I took this picture when the test Maverick came to my local dealership.
Ford Maverick DELIVERED! Maverick Owner Review & Impressions of Cactus Gray XLT 2.0 EB, AWD, LUX, FX4, 4K TOW, 360 Lariat Alto Blue (13)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice rig-I have the same ordered. What kind of mileage are u getting and what part of Idaho ?

mbert123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape Titanium, 2018 Explorer Platinum
I hate hearing people say this because they often leave a lot of money on the table.

You have to remember to consider the tax breaks you get trading in to the dealer you are purchasing your new vehicle from. For example if you have a tax rate of 10% in your state and you trade in paid off vehicle worth as much or more than a lets say a new $35000 truck you will get a tax break of $3500 on the new truck. You only pay taxes on the amount of money left after your trade is deducted from the selling price of the new vehicle. Selling outright to Carmax in this example means Carmax would need give you more than $3500 more for your vehicle for this to make sense over trading in to your new vehicle dealer. When you went back to your dealer after selling to Carmax you will be paying taxes on the full price of the truck.

Bastards here in IL did away with this and now you can only get a tax credit on the first $10000 of your trade so in Chicago your max tax savings is less than $1k since the taxes are 10.5 percent. Highway Robbery.

I hope this makes sense.
Yeah depends on state, here inCalifornia you pay tax on the full price of the vehicle so if carmax or caravana. want to give you more here, might as well take it.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice rig-I have the same ordered. What kind of mileage are u getting and what part of Idaho ?
Meridian/Nampa border. I’m at a bit over 25mpg with probably 85% S&G/City so far

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice trucK! Please let us know what highway milage is>>>thank you.
Sponsored