Sponsored

Anyone will be avaible to take the measurement of the front exposed tow hooks from the FX4 package?

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Hey all.

I'm doing a small project where I'll be creating a 3D printed side license plate mount for the Ford Maverick. By the looks on the photos, it seems like the best place for the mount will be the exposed front tow hooks from the FX4 package. If you guys ever get the chance to see one in person, please let me know the length, width, and height of the hooks themselves. Pictures appreciated. Thanks!

3D file will be release after measurements will be established.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gamer_M

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Hey all.

I'm doing a small project where I'll be creating a 3D printed side license plate mount for the Ford Maverick. By the looks on the photos, it seems like the best place for the mount will be the exposed front tow hooks from the FX4 package. If you guys ever get the chance to see one in person, please let me know the length, width, and height of the hooks themselves. Pictures appreciated. Thanks!

3D file will be release after measurements will be established.
Bump ^. As more trainers are coming in.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bump ^. As more trainers are coming in.
I'd like to use the hooks for license plate as well, however being in Minnesota I think the snowy winter could result in losing it down there if not properly secured. there are a number of options out there as well for around/under $50 - search for no-drill tow hook license mount on ebay or amazon to find a few - will give you ideas on design if you end up going diy as well.

OP
OP
Gamer_M

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
I'd like to use the hooks for license plate as well, however being in Minnesota I think the snowy winter could result in losing it down there if not properly secured. there are a number of options out there as well for around/under $50 - search for no-drill tow hook license mount on ebay or amazon to find a few - will give you ideas on design if you end up going diy as well.
Yeah totally! I'll make sure to make to put updates here on my WIP on the project, plus will link the STL file on Thingaverse when publish. I personally have a side mounted plate on my benz w204. There has been no issue of it falling off when driving through snow and stuff. There are 2 designs flowing through my head for the mount. One is with screws, the other is through a clip mechanism. More to come though when I get the measurements for the front tow hooks. I've ask my dealers around me to get me an update when a trainer comes by.

OP
OP
Gamer_M

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
Hey Guys! I saw that orders are starting to come in. If you have an FX4 package Ford maverick, let me know about the dimension of the tow hook! I''ll still be happy to mockup and publish a working side plate mount for the ford maverick. Thanks!
Sponsored