First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thought I'd chime in with a short review and a few pics. Today is a full year ownership. I was lucky enough to snag one of the very first Mavericks to arrive up here in Winnipeg. I phoned around for availability at just the right time, as dealer received one more than expected, so not spoken for. I put a deposit down over the phone (preventing others from test driving it), took it for a 20 minute test drive, bought it. Paid MSRP, no dickering - I'll attach window sticker.

Fuel economy... both the wife and I drive with economy in mind, and the Maverick usually isn't too far behind her Corolla. After owning a particularly thirsty 4.0 V6 Nissan Frontier, what a difference!

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20211015_175706

In the one year, I've put on 8,500 kms, ZERO issues, none. It's been an excellent winter wagon too, is a goat in the snow. I bought a set of cheap steel wheels for Michelin Ice-X snow tires, good enough to get through a few blown in roads I really shouldn't have gone down. EXCELLENT AWD system! The Maverick is my freedom machine for getting out in the country, doing outdoorsy stuff.

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20220307_150711

We've gotten some amazing fuel economy on a few trips! The indicated average fuel economy is usually a tad optimistic, 6.3 indicated is about 6.5 actual, works out to 36 US mpg, 43 mpg Imperial! We normally see more like 7.5 actual hwy.

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20220703_145754

Towing... our Frontier would usually average 15-17 mpg Imperial (14 US mpg) - the Maverick does around 11.7 liter/100 kms towing our little camper - that's 20 US mpg, 24 Imperial (simply amazing). It's a fantastic tow vehicle IMO, feels rock solid.

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20220624_162418

I really like the interior, the controls, even like the stereo system, find the audio OK. I use Android Auto quite a bit, to stream music, put my phone on this RAM tablet holder. I also play MP3s from the USB port, find all of that works quite well!

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20211223_144446

Things I like? The Co-Pilot 360 works really well, just wish it had radar adaptive cruise control. Our cheap LE trim level Corolla has it - c'mon Ford, you need to up your game! The ride and handling are great, and when you put your foot in it, it's fast! I find it very practical, easy to get in and out of, has decent ground clearance, feels more like driving a car or SUV than a truck IMO. Nice size, excellent city truck - we usually see combined fuel economy in the 7.5 to 8.5 range.

Things I don't like? This - the hidden windshield wipers may look great, but are a major PITA, very impractical in the snow. That deep slot collects snow, and gotta scoop that out so wipers can operate. Not so easy when the snow packs and freezes!

Ford Maverick One year review XLT eB 2.0 AWD 4K Tow 20211114_101635

Something else I'm not fond of is how thin the sheet metal is! No dents yet, but wouldn't take much, hood in particular. Not "Ford tough" IMO in that respect.

I find the headlights really good, just wished they'd of gone all the way, made turn signals and tail lights LED too.

In summary, a practical, comfortable fun-to-drive vehicle, still very pleased, no regrets, hope everyone enjoys their Maverick as much as we do! (y)
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: