vua2426

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just surpassing 1000miles on my Maverick XLT with 4k tow package.

Pros:
-More fuel efficient than the EPA. I have filled up my tank twice, boh with regular unleaded gas. Averaged 27 and 29mpg, respectively. Driving mostly on Eco mode and some with normal mode. Split 50/50 on highway and city driving.
-It drives well. The ecoboost engine has more power than I expected, it accelerates well, but does have some cabin noise. Overall though, not very noticeable. Coming from a 2018 Corolla IM, the steering/ maneuverability is fairly similar. Very impressed with my Maverick.
-Have seen complaints about the sound system and the touchscreen. Personally, I have no complaints, haven't had any issues with the radio, and the touchscreen is more than adequate.
- Driving in the snow with the factory Continental Procontacts on slippery mode, I've had zero issues in Colorado.
- The driver cabin space is great. Additionally, the rear seating is spacious and the underseat storage is a good place to store emergency gear.
- I've never had a truck, and the practicality with the good gas mileage is incredible. I've always wanted a Tacoma or comparable midsize truck, but I have been more than satisfied with the Maverick.

Cons:
- The side mirrors could be a little bigger, but the visibility of the front window is awesome.
- The fact that you can't stay in one mode without having to reset it each time you start the truck is annoying, but not the end of the world.
- Otherwise, not too many cons that I have noticed thus far.

Side notes:
-I added the RokBlokz mud flaps and they aren't anything special, but get the job done and easy to install.
-I added the Gator SFX trifold tonneau cover. Loved it, but recently there is a decent amount of flapping noticed, I'll try and tighten it down a bit. Otherwise, great value and super easy to install.
- Have yet to tow anything.
- I ordered July 13th, received December 22nd with no markup from Dealership. Was charged MSRP and was in and out in less than 1hr.

Ford Maverick 1000 mile owner review- Maverick XLT with 4k tow package 20211223_102352
Sponsored

Joedoc164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang, 2012 Kia Sportage
How are the seats and suspension? I put a lot of miles on vehicles between work and shuttling the kids around.

OP
OP

vua2426

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How are the seats and suspension? I put a lot of miles on vehicles between work and shuttling the kids around.
I think the seats are pretty comfortable. Went on a 150mile roundtrip day trip and everyone (4 people) was comfortable the entire time. No complaints. In regards to the suspension, I've only driven a handful of other trucks, but it seems to act more like a midsize SUV, similar to a Honda CRV/ Toyota Rav 4.

Joedoc164

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang, 2012 Kia Sportage
Thanks. That's exactly what I was expecting. I anticipate lots of time in the driver's seat commuting.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had the dealer drop the tailgate 4K tow group off my order, and just add the $100 tow hitch. I wanted it mostly tor the larger radiator. I read that the 4K tow group may slow down vehicle orders for build dates because of the specific components like the heavier duty transmission, and differently geared differentials, but I cannot confirm that. I dr not plan on towing more than 2,000 or really anything for that matter with this thing, but that basic tow hitch is worth having for the price. Hopefully this will speed my order up a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vua2426

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had the dealer drop the tailgate 4K tow group off my order, and just add the $100 tow hitch. I wanted it mostly tor the larger radiator. I read that the 4K tow group may slow down vehicle orders for build dates because of the specific components like the heavier duty transmission, and differently geared differentials, but I cannot confirm that. I dr not plan on towing more than 2,000 or really anything for that matter with this thing, but that basic tow hitch is worth having for the price. Hopefully this will speed my order up a bit.
I can't speak for the current ordering situation, but when I ordered in July, I was told in September to drop the spray in bedliner and the bed mat and that would speed up production and everything else went fairly smooth with the 4k tow package

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just surpassing 1000miles on my Maverick XLT with 4k tow package.

Pros:
-More fuel efficient than the EPA. I have filled up my tank twice, boh with regular unleaded gas. Averaged 27 and 29mpg, respectively. Driving mostly on Eco mode and some with normal mode. Split 50/50 on highway and city driving.
-It drives well. The ecoboost engine has more power than I expected, it accelerates well, but does have some cabin noise. Overall though, not very noticeable. Coming from a 2018 Corolla IM, the steering/ maneuverability is fairly similar. Very impressed with my Maverick.
-Have seen complaints about the sound system and the touchscreen. Personally, I have no complaints, haven't had any issues with the radio, and the touchscreen is more than adequate.
- Driving in the snow with the factory Continental Procontacts on slippery mode, I've had zero issues in Colorado.
- The driver cabin space is great. Additionally, the rear seating is spacious and the underseat storage is a good place to store emergency gear.
- I've never had a truck, and the practicality with the good gas mileage is incredible. I've always wanted a Tacoma or comparable midsize truck, but I have been more than satisfied with the Maverick.

Cons:
- The side mirrors could be a little bigger, but the visibility of the front window is awesome.
- The fact that you can't stay in one mode without having to reset it each time you start the truck is annoying, but not the end of the world.
- Otherwise, not too many cons that I have noticed thus far.

Side notes:
-I added the RokBlokz mud flaps and they aren't anything special, but get the job done and easy to install.
-I added the Gator SFX trifold tonneau cover. Loved it, but recently there is a decent amount of flapping noticed, I'll try and tighten it down a bit. Otherwise, great value and super easy to install.
- Have yet to tow anything.
- I ordered July 13th, received December 22nd with no markup from Dealership. Was charged MSRP and was in and out in less than 1hr.

20211223_102352.jpg
Good to hear & I have ordered the Carbonized Gray XLT AWD with towing package also. Good MPG! A few questions. Do you have the rear seat center armrest & would like to see a photo of your instrument panel. After you tow would also enjoy your experience. I really like the standard wheels on the XLT.

OP
OP

vua2426

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 1000 mile owner review- Maverick XLT with 4k tow package 20220211_154448

No armrest in the middle back seat? But it does have the drop down cup holder if you consider that an armrest. Probably won't tow until summer time, but in the CO snow and mountains, it has been doing awesome.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20220211_154448.jpg

No armrest in the middle back seat? But it does have the drop down cup holder if you consider that an armrest. Probably won't tow until summer time, but in the CO snow and mountains, it has been doing awesome.
XLTs are SUPPOSED to come with flip down armrests. Thanks.
Sponsored