First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So took my maverick in to Ford dealership. They stated everything is fine with it...... I'll have to keep trying
I called the dealership this week to make an appointment for my Lariat Hybrid because I'm also getting the message on the app a few times a week. They couldn't get me until later this month but I'm concerned they'll just give me the standard answer "couldn't duplicate problem". How did they explain that you are frequently getting the deep sleep message? Are they saying that's normal?

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any idea if this works. I keep getting the battery saver mode daily

I tried it the other day. I don't know if I did it correctly. I don't think I received the message since. It's tough to tell because my wife usually drives the Maverick 😑

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW @GPSMan
I had 23E09 reprogram powertrain control module campaign/recall done on my 22FE hybrid maverick 10/26/23 and have put only 270 miles on it since. Yesterday put 37 Mile trip did 3 one to two mile separated stops in next 3 hours and a 38 mile return. Temp was 67-72. Dash power point reported 15.3 &15.4v and on return trip had dropped to 14.8v near end. Hard to say due to just being one short trip but dash mph appeared to be 3-4 mph improved with braking acting different along with other things. Just checked this am with lights, AC and radio off with door shut. Accessory mode Dash monitor showing 12.4 which is usually 11.9-12.1v. Temp was 47°F. Prior to 23E09 I would see Max of 15.3 on monitor which would drop to 14.8 within 2-3 miles. Perhaps as part of this recall they have changed the Charging parameters. I have never had deep sleep in this maverick but resting voltage has slowly declined in 20 months.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting.

I have seen the low voltage side vary from 14.0 to 15.2. Usually it's about 15.0.

The voltage goes down as the 12v battery charge goes up.

Only on really long (several hours) drives does my 12v charge go up and charging voltage goes down.

This is why I lean towards weak battery.
The truck is trying to charge the battery. It's at 15v or higher every day for me. The battery just isn't taking charge in a reasonable amount of time.

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 0.5 to 1 year old Maverick 12v battery behaves like a 10 year old battery I have on the bench.

Voltage goes up fast when attached to a charger, because amp-hour capacity has gone down.

Dealers are brushing off customers because the VOLTAGE is normal or near normal and the truck starts, but starts only because the HV hybrid battery is staring the engine. Starting takes amperage more so than voltage.

The computers that control the startup mostly care about voltage. Computers need trivial amperage by comparison.

So, in a weird way, many HYBRID owners are "getting by" with weak 12v batteries.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First thing this morning

I drove the truck ~90 to 100 minutes yesterday. Nothing audible or visual is on except this scanner (which was disconnected all night).

The act of plugging in the scanner "wakes up" the truck's computers if not already awake. These "unspecified computers" apparently draw 4 amps while the truck is parked, no key in the ignition. All accessories off.

Ford Maverick Deep Sleep Mode / Battery Saver Mode IMG_8532

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is likely related to the 'target' voltage set. When that voltage is reached, the battery charge is reduced to improve mpg. The'smart' charging system will let the voltage stay below 'fully charged' as long as it meets the set level.
It is a modifiable parameter and can be changed by FORSCAN.
There are at least two YT videos explaining how the controlled charging system works. Generally it is set to a lower voltage than I would expect.
In my experience the smart charging system made the auto stop/start work once or twice after a 500 mile freeway trip and then it became disabled by low battery voltage again. If I want A-SS to work, I have to use a battery charger to up the charge state. Not too happy with that, but the dealer tested the battery and said it was normal...
tom
We are having a discussion about batteries and start/stop in this thread. I was told the same thing- would have to hook up a battery tender if I want start/stop to work.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/eb-2-0-battery-replacement.39052/#post-699791

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is most likely caused by poor joints in the wiring harness. Ford should have issued a recall for the entire wire harness by now but refuse to do so. At least one short in the wiring harness has a TSB (for Hybrid models).

There is no such thing as "Deep Sleep Mode to Preserve battery". It will continue to drain in deep sleep mode if a parasitic draw exists. Mine went from 11 volts to 2 volts overnight despite being in every failsafe mode it could possibly be in. That was AFTER Ford changed the battery under warranty instead of listening to me like I told them it was a parasitic drain in the first place.

OP
OP

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an appointment to bring in my 2022 hybrid Maverick tomorrow. No matter how long I drive my Maverick I will always get the message. They have replaced battery & TCU with no success. Now the service tech did mention my Ford dash cam my be causing the problem which I find very hard to believe. After driving 3 1/2 hour on the freeway and then I get the error message a 1/2 hour later....No, it's not the dash cam causing the deep sleep mode issue!

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The issue with my appointment was the fact that they said they couldn't replicate it at the time they looked at it. The battery was a little low so they charged it and did some sort of software update. They admitted that something is wrong when I showed them all the ford pass messages and put a ticket in with tech support at Ford corporate.

Strange thing is when they charged the battery and did the update to the flux capacitor it seemed to fix it for now. Ever since my appointment it has NOT done the sleep message and prior to the appointment it would give me the message every single time I parked the car. My thought it probably bad battery like others have said but I want Ford to replace battery if that is the case since it's a new car.

Edit: forgot to add that since the appointment date it has been below freezing at night and high of 40-50's during day so with the colder temps I would have guessed the issue would happen more often but so far it's working as it should.
Give it 1-2 weeks.
In mine it is a slow 12v drain.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try BMS reset, since i done this I haven't had the deep sleep message.

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try BMS reset, since i done this I haven't had the deep sleep message.
I reset my battery as well and I have not had a message since.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you still have your original 12V battery in the maverick?
Yes.

It's so odd.

Maybe it is just one weak cell.
12.1 volts "fully charged" but does not seem to be getting any worse.

It's been 12.1 for about 6 months.
Sponsored